New Husqvarna 310

General Bike Talk
shredder

New Husqvarna 310

#1 Post by shredder » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:21 pm

Superfast invited me out to his place on Sunday to ride. I had just picked up the new Husky on Saturday so he didn't need to ask me twice. When I got there Brad was jones'in for an adrenaline fix too so after checking out the wheels, injection, hydraulic clutch and the brembo brakes we fired those puppies up.

Scott has a very nice practice track set up. It has a little bit of everything. I was working on my cornering and trying to keep up the speed throughout the entire corner. It's cool getting feed back from the guys and running the same corner over and over till all the sudden it just "clicks" and you say wow! I got it right! I forgot about the heat while I was adjusting to the different feel of my husky. Of course I let Scott on it...(only had to ask him once) and I got to ride his smoker. (nice ride dude). I realized I was just lugging it a little too much and came into the turns just a bit faster but in one gear higher and sure enough with some fine encouragement from Scott and Brad
(like "get the lead out you turtle!") I was all aces in the corners. Had to coax Brad a bit as he didn't want to scratch it. I said "man have you seen my Honda?!". Scott said just go ride, relax and have fun. Brad got on and was lookin good in no time!

Donnell's hooked me up with a fine machine and I really like it.
Everyone at Donnell's is top notch, professional with a passion for bikes. This bike is everything Bart Shiftlet and Doug Stone said it was and more.

After a while the heat did set in and we put the bikes away and jumped in the pool. Man that was nice! We compared notes on the days events and took turns catching Teko our "3rd shooter" as he swam around in the pool. He moves through the water like a fish! Any way I'm quite sure I got a little too much sun today but my wife loves it. Guess I'm going to retire early today...

Anyway thanks for the invite and letting us rip it up today man. There are no places to rest on your track dude so next time please gives us some of that crack induced cocaine nitro glycerine or what ever it is that makes you such a crazy monkey out there on the track!
Thanks bro! :wink:
Last edited by shredder on Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

Superfast

Re: New Husqvarna 310

#2 Post by Superfast » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:16 pm

It was great to have you guys out today!

That new Husky will treat you well, nice ride, good power, you just have to quit hitting that kill switch! I am real jealous of the hydraulic clutch, that was sweet, might have to look into one for the YZ ............. Have to get the wife's permission first!

Glad you had a good time riding the property, I don't have much but did what I could with it. If I get some extra time maybe I'll throw a few changes into the hare scramble loop, could use a few more obstacles!

I do need to figure out what I can do to get you guys some energy, seems like I was just warming up and you guys were worn out! Maybe I should slip some 5 Hour Energy into your Gatorade!

After a few hours of riding in the heat, the pool is the place to be! Makes it nice having a track, scramble course, BBQ and pool in the same location. You guys are gonna have to plan on coming out the Saturday prior to the Merwin race. Gotta get Wirefryer in on it too.........
Scott

2014 - #71
2013 - #72
2012 - #86 - #786
2011 - #825
2010 - #9198

WireFryer

#3 Post by WireFryer » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:36 pm

Huh? What? Did someone say 'pool' and 'BBQ' in the same sentance?

I'll put it on my calender, maybe Kmarshall9's ribs will be healed up by then :roll: Doh!

Tim
The saddest sound in all MotorSports is the noise the drivetrain makes as you slowly coast to a complete stop.

tclimber

#4 Post by tclimber » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:24 pm

I would almost come out of retirement to give that 310 a test ride I would even bring my bicycle out to let him try it out :lol:
Finally a two digit number 75 for 2012

shredder

#5 Post by shredder » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:59 pm

Jeff your welcome to ride the Husky anytime and if it gets you out and back on a track then that's even better! You and I are the last two "Team Dirtbag" members and your retired!

Tim's got the final say...see...he sorta has some dirt on me so of course he get's to ride it when ever he wants and I just keep fillin er up!

(Can I start keeping it at MY house Tim?) :?

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

bshack

#6 Post by bshack » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:27 pm

I liked the Husky so much that I put the Road bike up for sale on craigslist! If it sells, there will be 2 Husky riders! No pun intended!!!
Brad Hackett #968
2013 Husqvarna TXC 310R
"I love those Red Heads"!

shredder

#7 Post by shredder » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:03 pm

WOW! Congrats! Rock on! :wink:

tclimber

#8 Post by tclimber » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:23 pm

isnt it once a dirt bag always a dirt bag :lol: I will see you guys at Drexel

tclimber

#9 Post by tclimber » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:24 pm

I got the chance to do a lap on the husky today all I can say is wow and a big thanks to Dennis mighty kind of you to let me ride it that is a sweet bike you can tell it wants to be pushed a lot harder then I could but i only had my hiking boots on and havent been on a bike for almost 3 months You old guys better look out for Dennis when he gets used to that bike it literately floats across stuff that would throw you off other bikes and its not even broke in yet nice ride Dennis :D Thanks For The Fix :lol:

shredder

#10 Post by shredder » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:08 pm

Yes your right Jeff I feel the same way. That bike wants to go! I need to get more seat time and figure it out. I only have 20 minutes at my dads, maybe 30 minutes at Scott"s and Drexel. I am really diggin it! Jeff - come back with your boots and gear at really rip it up - seriously. Man it was good to see you come out to Drexel today! Sorry to cut it off so quick after the race but I needed to get to the ER and get those darn 2 locust thorns cut out.Your a top shelf kinda guy. :wink: