serious considerations...

General Bike Talk
shredder

serious considerations...

#1 Post by shredder » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:15 pm

Ok I have a few suggestions and invite any feedback on a few items I've realized now that I'm sitting on the seniors row.
1. It's not a bad idea that we have our own toilets say every 100 feet from the pits to the starting line as it seems as I am always at the other end of the lot when I need one and that's pretty often.
2. Have say 2 people walking on patrol to help us keep track of the time. Say some young folks, maybe wearing swim suits so as to combat the heat and now that I think about it, maybe girls so as to keep our attention....and help out with the trophys..
3. Once we line up at the start could we have people remind us every few minutes or so to remind us why we are there sitting on our bikes? Maybe (once again) the young swim suit girls, only because I want to keep the need for additional people to a minimum. Say local lifeguards as they are fit, already have the proper clothing and sun screen protection, are sun lovers and physically fit and know CPR.
4. The senior row tends to slow down sign up so why couldn't we just get our own line at our own window at the trailer. We need more people so maybe use the girls who are going to be there anyway for the starting line "reminder girls"
5. I don't anyone would object to ice cream cones at the trailer even if we just did self serve chocolate and vanilla and someone to had out napkins....hmmmm who could that be?

... and finally.... hmmmmmphfffff... hmmmmmmmpsplaterrtinmffffghg (snooring sounds) .......whaa...what? What were you saying? :wink:
Last edited by shredder on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

shredder

Re: serious considerations...

#2 Post by shredder » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:31 pm

Now that I'm thinking about it I kinda feel bad requesting girls in bathing suits out on a hot day and the only purpose is to help us out.

Doesn't seem right ya know?

I now think that bathing suits may be going a little too far so instead let's give them Forward Motion tee shirts to wear and a little lawn sprinkler in the shade somewhere so they can cool off. yes sir.... :wink: now THAT'S and idea.....

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

Harvey Mushman

#3 Post by Harvey Mushman » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:34 am

The Senior class, (known as the "Gentlemens class" in the past), slows down sign up because we move slower. Our joints ache and the ol' body just don't move/cooporate like it used to. Not to mention our hearing is shot from years of loud motorcycles (and firearms) so we have to ask the sign up gals three times to repeat what they say to us. Just getting out of bed is hard enough. Putting 30# of gear on a fat out of shape body, and pounding a bike thru the woods for 2 hours makes a body old. As such, I've long been a proponent of incentives for Senior riders. I think we should have "checks' like in enduros, where only the senior riders can pull off track and have hot trophy girls fan us, provide us cool drinks, and take the necessary steps to ensure we're rested and ready for the next charge. A minimum of four "special checks" would suffice. Then after the race, before the wet T-shirt contest, .... (uh, I mean before the trophy girls run thru the sprinkler), said trophy girls would wash our bikes down, oil up the chains and straighten the barkbusters out for us. I can think of some other incentives as well but better quit while I'm ahead. I suspect if these spiffs were implemented, you would see Seniors coming out of the woodwork to compete. All kinds of gutshot, clapped-out air-cooled stuff would be showing up on race day. The Seniors line would be bigger than C-Vet back in the day of the Super-Hero decoder rings. WOOOOHOOOOOO! Think of the possibilities............
-Harvey

'06 #917/703, '07 #77, '08 #75, '09 #1017, '10 #713, '11 #1017, '12 #1017, '13 #1017, '14 #1017, '15 #1017, '16 #1017 and so on...

tclimber

#4 Post by tclimber » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:19 pm

oh yes the secret decoder rings those were the days I miss old fender bender he should have been to the race today after all it was his home town
Finally a two digit number 75 for 2012

shredder

#5 Post by shredder » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:11 pm

See this is what I'm talking about! First let me point out....................um..........

Let's see here......(mumbling...) well.........er............ oh hell it's my nap time.................
:wink:

oldmandave59

#6 Post by oldmandave59 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:45 am

Maybe they should make the SENIOR line up sign XXLarge so that I can find it. Rode right past it looking for line up, and the only rider lined up early. I really couldn't see it because it was so small (sign of ALSZIMERS and going blind ) so I asked about 6 riders and then the girls at sign up and they said I start after the trail riders 900's, watched all the classes leave except one before some one was nice enough to tell me that my class left a long time ago. Now I noticed the full moon at first light and knew things weren't going well when I went to use my debit card to get gas and my card was expired. Talked to bank and they don't send cards until after expired, (closing account Saturday), and then I dropped the Berg at about 1.5 hours into race and I get vapor lock for 25 minutes. Bike started at end of race and I finished the race.
Got home and my legs cramped so bad I almost passed out. Calcium deficient.
Can't wait until the next race for some more abuse, still was a good day because any day at the races is a good day. I will put some real video up this weekend.
I enjoyed having someone to pass finally.
http://youtu.be/BokZLA-YSWc
Last edited by oldmandave59 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riding is not a hobby, its a lifestyle

shredder

#7 Post by shredder » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:08 am

Once again I see more and more that we simply need some girls to carry around some signage and hold them up like at the boxing matches. I'm sure the signs will get noticed! Oh and a seniors bike wash after the race for say twenty bucks each and I'll bet it would be a long line of waiting to get in! :wink:

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

#8 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:07 pm

Shredder,

Your wife was asking about Cabana boys at the races. She thought they might be able to hold umbrellas for shade, get refreshments and otherwise help the ladies pass those two long hours that won't be interrupted by their men. I told her it was fine but felt I should check with you.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

shredder

#9 Post by shredder » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:38 pm

I kept finding weird tee shirts and mens tank tops that are not mine in the garage. I wasn't paying attention! I thought she said that they were from Cabana - the grass cutting guy or maybe the grounds keeper. Hmmm... We don't have a lawn service...or even a grounds keeper! :lol: Crap! I'm to poor to even pay attention!