El Dorado Springs and Saturday Races

General Bike Talk
dsemrad

El Dorado Springs and Saturday Races

#1 Post by dsemrad » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:06 am

Thanks to everyone who made last weekend possible. My crew and I had a great time. The track was about as rough as I can handle but still proved to be a lot of fun. (I might be mistaking fun for the sense of accomplishment that I got from surviving it without injury.) I was shocked to see how much easier it got going the opposite direction on the second day. Thanks again to everyone who puts the work in to make these races possible. As always it seems to run like a well oiled machine.

I also wanted to put a plug in for Saturday races. I assume that I will be in the minority here but they work great for me. This particular race we just made a weekend out of it but as a general rule I have a hard time making the Sunday deal work. I'm sure that needing Saturday to get the track ready for Sunday makes it impossible most of the time but I just wanted to throw my opinion out there.

dsemrad

Re: El Dorado Springs and Saturday Races

#2 Post by dsemrad » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:38 am

I crunched a few numbers. They are just a quick look and are sure to be off by 1 or 2 but close enough for general interest.

There were 168 total entry's over Saturday and Sunday.
87 on Saturday
81 on Sunday.
53 people raced both days
34 people raced Saturday only
30 people raced Sunday only

I have no great point to make. I was just interested in the numbers and thought someone else might be as well.

I have no idea about how the money or organizational end works out for the series but my personal opinion was and is that the two race weekend was a great idea.