WYCO'S Revenge MTB race

General Bike Talk
DEA

WYCO'S Revenge MTB race

#1 Post by DEA » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:07 am

for all of you crossover atheletes:

Welcome to the 1st Annual Wyco’s Revenge Mountain Bike Race. Come challenge yourself to the full
Wyco’s Revenge or the lesser Wyco’s Sprint and enjoy a fabulous evening ride into the night on what is
quickly becoming “Kansas City’s Best Kept Secret”. Finishers of the full Wyco’s Revenge will receive our
special coveted finishing awards - Christopher Locke Jr
What is it?: The Wyco’s Revenge is a timed mountain bike event held on off-road single track trails. The
event will challenge participants both physically and mentally. The event will start approximately 1.5
hours before sunset. The final laps of the Wyco’s Revenge will require lights. Participants will complete
4 to 5 laps depending on final course length and course conditions on race day. The Wyco’s Sprint is a
timed mountain bike event held on the same course with participants completing 2 laps. No lights are
required for the Wyco Sprint.
Where is it?: The Wyco’s Revenge will be held on the awesome single track trails of Wyandotte County
Lake Park. Located in Kansas City, KS on the bluffs of the Missouri River.
Why do it?: Fall just may be the best time to ride mountain bikes. We created the Wyco’s Revenge to
enjoy the wonderful trails of “Wyco” during the fall season and help raise money for the future. Our event
will be held annually to help fund the Wyco Lake Park Trails Project and other special projects like the
Cow Town Cycling Teams Junior Team. One of our goals is to increase cycling participation for young
riders. We offer a special Junior/High School division in both the Wyco’s Revenge and Wyco’s Sprint
classes.

more information here http://wycosrevenge.blogspot.com/
Thanks to Katie, Luke, Ali, and LETKO Cycles, Kenda, Amsoil, ODI, DT1, HBD Motographx, Dirt Tricks, Acerbis, Scott, AXO, Gaerne, Pivot Works, Vertex, Hot Rods, and Regina for the support. #215

DEA

Re: WYCO'S Revenge MTB race

#2 Post by DEA » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:16 am

Dont miss out on this race!! its going to be awesome! custom trophys, give aways, and much more! so come out and support the cause and a fellow FMHSC racer who is the main promoter for this event!! This Saturday at Wyco lake October 20th!
Thanks to Katie, Luke, Ali, and LETKO Cycles, Kenda, Amsoil, ODI, DT1, HBD Motographx, Dirt Tricks, Acerbis, Scott, AXO, Gaerne, Pivot Works, Vertex, Hot Rods, and Regina for the support. #215

bmxpro2621

#3 Post by bmxpro2621 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:38 pm

So there is a 2 lap race and a 5 lapper? Correct? Pretty cool.
A Big Thanks To All My Sponsors:

Heavy D's Exhaust Repair, Kenda Tires, Amsoil, O'Neal, ODI Grips, Scott Goggles, Gaerne, Powersports Graphx & Suspension, Bell Helmets, GoPro, Sealsavers, Shorai LFX Lithiuim Batteries, Twin Air, IMS Products, Leatt, JT Sprockets

MORE #210
MHSC#130
HBGP #410
30+B NEPG

DEA

#4 Post by DEA » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:18 am

well they actually reduced it down to 1 lap sprint and 4 lap marathon. glad to see a familiar FM face there. great ride tony! 10th overall not too shabby at all i wasnt so fortunate on the other hand, started out good hung around in the top 15 for about four miles, then quickly realized i was a little out of my league and let faster riders by me. right then it went from competing to survival for me. Had my issues with leg cramps on my 3rd and 4th lap, but i got through it and finished about 845pm. 32 miles pedaling through the woods is way harder than 32 miles on the KTM. at least i didnt finish dead last, finished 32nd out of 42.Great experience overall, had a great time! thanks to my wife katie and son Luke for pitting for me and Shafer for the rental of his helmet light. i will get it back to you soon!

Pumpkinpatch

#5 Post by Pumpkinpatch » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:35 am

No worries Derek.
Glad you survived.

Tony B is a "peddler" now. so don't gage off of him.

Nice job guys.
Sounds..........well....fun...if you are sick in the head. :lol:
Mark Shafer
Rider #511 FMHSC
Proud Papa of #60 & #5

Thanks to #pumpkinpatchracing, Letko Cycles, MSR, EVS, DeCal Works, Atlas, 100%, Motorcare, HeavyD, DT1, Mika Metals

DEA

#6 Post by DEA » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:07 am

Ive been told a time or two that im a little sick in the head.....i usually enjoy the punishment of things like this and flat out gnarly trails that seem almost impossible.

Pumpkinpatch

#7 Post by Pumpkinpatch » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:40 am

DEA
Just put that helmet light back where you got it when you get a chance. I'd like to do a night ride before we move.

thanks.
Mark Shafer
Rider #511 FMHSC
Proud Papa of #60 & #5

Thanks to #pumpkinpatchracing, Letko Cycles, MSR, EVS, DeCal Works, Atlas, 100%, Motorcare, HeavyD, DT1, Mika Metals