GoPro helmet cam or liquid image goggels?

General Bike Talk
phillip archibald

GoPro helmet cam or liquid image goggels?

#1 Post by phillip archibald » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:28 pm

It seem like after every race someone is posting about a missing GoPro camera. I know they aren't cheap so I wanted to let everybody know about LIC goggels (liquid image goggels). IMO they are just as good if not better than the GoPro and best of all the camera is made into the goggels, so if you keep your goggels on you face the hole race the camera will still be with you in the end. I have the 1080 LIC. Both my cousin and uncle have the 720 which work great and are cheaper than the GoPro. I ran my 1080 all year, some races in 1080 and some in 720, both looked great. Just figured I would put it out there for those who didn't know about them http://www.liquidimageco.com/

getdirty

Re: GoPro helmet cam or liquid image goggels?

#2 Post by getdirty » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:25 pm

So I came home today and was talking about this with the Mrs. and she turns and says that she knows about this product. She said that she has seen this on "Groupon". If anyone knows about Groupon, they have great deals on a lot of crap, except for this time!!
Unfortunately, the groupon has expired.....BUT, I have been advised that it may come back in the next couple of months. The price tag with a groupon is......$149.00!!!
Here is the link to prove it!
http://www.groupon.com/pages/gg-liquid- ... goggle-cam

So have the little lady keep an eye out for it to return - AND let everyone know!!!
Big Thanks to LETKO for 2015 Sponsorship!

Twenty 15
AARP #1021 KTM

AStevens

#3 Post by AStevens » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:16 am

GoPro lanyards are $15, but it seems that they are rarely used.
Much easier to have to ask sweepers where yours is after a low hangin' limb takes it clean off of your helmet. :roll:

shredder

#4 Post by shredder » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:24 pm

Those goggles look awesome! Keep us posted! :wink:
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

rsr02

#5 Post by rsr02 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:26 pm

There is a reason I mounted my gopro under my visor.
2011 #957 2012 #99 2013 #823

Nathan.M

#6 Post by Nathan.M » Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:01 pm

I have personally used both the gopro and the LIC goggles and i definitely like the LIC goggles better. the reasoning is that i rode two races with my gopro and on the second race my gopro clipped one tree and was completely destroyed. I bought the 720p LIC goggles from amazon for $105 and added a 32gb memory card for an extra $20 and the quality was just as just as good as my gopro.

phillip archibald

#7 Post by phillip archibald » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:57 am

AStevens wrote:GoPro lanyards are $15, but it seems that they are rarely used.
Much easier to have to ask sweepers where yours is after a low hangin' limb takes it clean off of your helmet. :roll:
Lanyards are a great idea, but if you hit a tree/branch/limb hard enough to rip it off your helmet - 9 times out of 10 it is going to damage the camera. Just ask Nathan M.! :D
rsr02 wrote:There is a reason I mounted my gopro under my visor.
I've ripped off 2 visors and I think the gopro would affect my vision. I'd definitely be interested in seeing how you have it mounted. :)