Collins race report

General Bike Talk
Iowa

Collins race report

#1 Post by Iowa » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:31 pm

Man, was I on fire. Mid-pack start, but passed everyone in my class by mile number 3. Blew by all them 400 riders on the second lap, and scared a couple 300s when I went by them too, the KTM pegged at 12000 rpm. Sorry guys, but you've got to listen for faster riders behind you! Started reeling in the A and AA slowpokes holding me up, and was destined for my first overall win when an A rider dared to try to run my pace and rammed me after I got a wheel past him. Dirty? Nah, he was just riding over his head. No hard feelings here, that's just racin'. Unfortunately, we were going so fast that after the impact I flew over a ridge and landed out-of-bounds where my KTM burst into flames and I broke my leg. Ignoring the painful bone sticking out of my thigh, I smothered the flames and pushed the KTM pack to the pits, where it wouldn't start due to a fouled spark plug, thereby ending my day. Next race I'll be sure to bring a spare!
Scott
Formerly KTM, now Gasgas trials

shredder

Re: Collins race report

#2 Post by shredder » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:00 pm

NOW THAT! my friends is racing! :wink:
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

Pumpkinpatch

Re: Collins race report

#3 Post by Pumpkinpatch » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:26 pm

NICE.............. :)
Mark Shafer
Rider #511 FMHSC
Proud Papa of #60 & #5

Thanks to #pumpkinpatchracing, Letko Cycles, MSR, EVS, DeCal Works, Atlas, 100%, Motorcare, HeavyD, DT1, Mika Metals