Advanced C protest?

General Bike Talk
Thumper12

Advanced C protest?

#1 Post by Thumper12 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:31 am

After seeing the results on the website, I was just wondering if anyone protested the results, or if they were corrected at the race? On the results page, it shows that 4 guys ran 12 minute lap times on the first lap. And then they fell back to 17-18 minute lap times. The AA guys were in the 15 minute range. They would've had to pass the entire field in front on the first lap to post a 12 minute lap. Just curious

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Re: Advanced C protest?

#2 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:13 am

it is just a scoring issue that i have not had the time to fix. Usually nobody sees these things as I fix them before posting them. Look at their last lap, it brings the total time back to what it is supposed to be.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

1twistedthrottle

#3 Post by 1twistedthrottle » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:15 am

Yeah, I noticed that too. I think it was a honest mistake, and I know exactly where it happened. It was after one of the sharp 90 right handers that dropped down a hill. At the bottom there was a ribbon that had been knocked down by the leader he was picking his bike back up. Im pretty sure the trail was to the right, the three of us went around him and straight to find no arrows. I realized we were off track and the first to turn around an was making my way back to the course. I was worried about getting backwards on the course. At that point I saw arrows less than 50' from where we had gotten off. Then the second lap I was thinking to myself, man was it that dusty cause I don't remember any of this. (the section that we missed) And how the heck are we getting lapped so fast!! I arrived late and had not ran a practice lap hence why I gave up the whole shot cause I had no idea where to go.. LOL It makes no difference to me on points or protest, my goal was to finish and have a smooth ride. I had a blast after my first race back in years, only dropped it once coming onto the beach. A lot of good racing no matter the place at the end of the day. And sorry to you thumper12 what number are you?
2005 Gas Gas DE250
1974 Honda XR 75
1971 Honda SL 350 with big bore and cams
2004 Harley Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic

1twistedthrottle

#4 Post by 1twistedthrottle » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:19 am

Ok dan so I had wrote all that out. So did we actually get lapped the first lap, AA's second lap?
2005 Gas Gas DE250
1974 Honda XR 75

Speedysdad

#5 Post by Speedysdad » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:36 pm

No you didn't get lapped. When you came back on the course, you cut off so much of the course that you pulled in between fist and second of the AA class. You passed everyone on the course except the overall leader. We knew in scoring there was a problem when 4 400 numbered bikes were right behind the leader of the race. So you either missed a turn or you guys need to move wayyy up.

What Dan always says. "Its all good."

Thumper12

#6 Post by Thumper12 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:44 pm

Sounds good. I'm 450. Horrible start, blew a couple corners myself on the first lap, stalled once, and then got t-boned in a corner on the second lap and jammed my throttle. Couldn't get it fixed on the trail so I had to limp all the way back to the truck to fix it. Probably the worst lap and a half i've ever had. I was able to gain my composure and put in a few good laps towards the end. My speed was there, just didn't have very good luck. But my brother and I both had our GoPro's on, so we got alot of carnage on video. Still had a blast. Dan, thanks for putting on another great race.

1twistedthrottle

#7 Post by 1twistedthrottle » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:49 pm

Dan, Please don't move me up. I'll slow down I promise LOL. Next time I WILL NOT miss my practice lap, I'm suprised the whole class didn't make the mistake I thought we were still packed in tight. There were a couple spots on the beach I thought I was off but wasn't and the left hander after the start finish line I missed multiple times. All and all great day thanks again to everyone that worked hard to get'r'done!!!

Thumper I bet that footage was pretty good!! Hope you have better luck next time. Lookin forward to bangin some more bars! I'm pretty sure I wouldnt' have T-boned you i'm more of a KC strip guy myself.
2005 Gas Gas DE250
1974 Honda XR 75