Milford Race Reports

General Bike Talk
getdirty

Re: Milford Race Reports

#11 Post by getdirty » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:40 pm

I know what I want to do when I grow up....be a weatherman! I can be wrong and keep my job! Forecast for rain was just as off as my riding!

Grateful for a good course and good seeing the crowed again. Nothing really exciting from a riders stand point - had a bad start, came around in 10th and had that spot every lap except one, but got it back before the day was done. Had fun hitting the berms and little jumps.

Hoping that the next race is ran the same direction it was last year on day two. From What I heard about day one does not excite me in the least.

Two things on the ride home to KC area - We saw the Monster Energy tractor trailer headed to MN - had to give the driver a wave.
Second was the Highway Patrol Check point signs West of Topeka - edge of the road looked a bit littered right after the sign, Hmmmm :shock:

Thanks to all those that set this one up!
Big Thanks to LETKO for 2015 Sponsorship!

Twenty 15
AARP #1021 KTM

quik406

#12 Post by quik406 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:36 pm

El Dog, I get it every time I go to Milford! I have some on both forearms. I crashed into it once a few years back and was in bad shape. It even got into my Lymph nods and traveled. I tried every remedy. Nothing worked. In the end Prednisone did work.

keko

#13 Post by keko » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:58 pm

I've always ran the Sportsman class in years past and my percentiles are a little on the low side but I wanted to jump up to the seven class to run with guys my age. I knew it was going to be a challenge just to keep up with you all! At the start line I thought it was Halloween with all the orange and black. Forgot how long two hours is and pushed it to hard and had to slow way down just to keep from going down. Caught my second wind toward the end and had a fun battle with the 718 to squeak out 12th place and 1st Honda. lol
2014 #77
2013 #777
2010, 2011, 2012 #818
2009 #888
2008 #822
http://www.moto-tally.com/fmhsc/Results ... iderDetail

shredder

#14 Post by shredder » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:26 pm

I have a baseball size and a golf-ball size in the middle of my back. WTH? If it get's any worse then I'm hitting the steroid pack. Hope I'll still be able to study for the FMHSC drug test. Hmmm...must have gotten some ivy juice on my gloves somehow......OR Joe FollowMeHouse figured out a way to poison my gloves! yes. yes. that's got to be it! He is still sore about that blow horn I nailed him with after the race...Yep. Mystery solved. :?
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

Superfast

#15 Post by Superfast » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:39 pm

Milford is always an awesome place to ride, as with years past, my weekend started on saturday. Got there mid-afternoon to do a little riding and see how my youngest daughter Alesha would do in the woods! She had never been in the woods before, never really rode rocks and this was going to be her first real ride. Hit the woods with Wirefryer and OnTheRocks, she was doing much better than I thought she would, not afriad to tackle rocks, riots or hills! She did manage to flip her bike twice, she got up laughing both times! She had a blast.

Sunday morning arrived at the course and there is Wirefryer grilling cheeseburgers, at 8am! I make the comment "Who eats cheeseburgers that early in the morning" just as my wife goes and gets one :shock: Go figure!

I ran the morning practice without any issues. The course looked great and I figured the fast guys in the first race would make it even better.

Watched the first race, took a few notes! Those guys were haulin!

Race time, I head for the line only to find out I was a little later then 15 other riders in the 700's! I ended up lining up way on the outside near the water and was staring at a driftwood stump directly in front of me. The only option would be to go outside the stump and hope I get a good spot in line up the first hill. The board drops, bike fires and I pinned the throttle grabbing 3 gears in about 3 seconds. I figured someone from the middle would come in on me, but there was noboby there! I got a nice clean holeshot and that really boosted the adrenalin! I shot up the first hill and hit the woods.

The holeshot got the best of me, I ended up blowing the first hard righthand corner and stalling the bike. Lost 2 positions with that graceful move! Came through scoring in third, managed to hold third until lap 6, when #78 came out of nowhere and dropped me back to 4th. Finished the race in 4th, felt pretty good, bike ran great, a great way to start the season and blow off the cobwebs! Had a pretty good run with 642 on the last few laps, great ride man!

Thanks Dan for putting on another great event, yeah the season started a little late, but it got a great start! Looking forward to a great season this year!
Scott

2014 - #71
2013 - #72
2012 - #86 - #786
2011 - #825
2010 - #9198

grabbingears03

#16 Post by grabbingears03 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:20 pm

I was so upset that I missed out on the season opener, especially after I heard how great the weather and course were. We had decided that instead of racing we would just hang on the beajyutttttg4 utiful missouri weather we had!

Superfast

#17 Post by Superfast » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:31 pm

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=XRg0cS0QRO0

Here is some helmet cam video from the 700 row 8)
Scott

2014 - #71
2013 - #72
2012 - #86 - #786
2011 - #825
2010 - #9198

carl-connie bogle

#18 Post by carl-connie bogle » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:24 am

I enjoyed the course at Milford the combination of degrees of difficulty. The thing that was an issue for me was getting flustrated trying to get somewhere to get out of the way for faster riders. In fact they the faster riders become flustrated and took chances normally they would not take resulting in myself being t-boned twice and seeing others being t-boned as a result of noway to get out of the way. Its good