El Dorado Springs POSTPONED

General Bike Talk
smith696

Re: El Dorado Springs POSTPONED to May 5th

#11 Post by smith696 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:47 pm

Sure hope we dont get rained out again this weekend!! Forecast is calling for rain Thursday at 60%!! UGHHH!! This is gonna be my first father/son race!! My 6 year old is begging and ready to race!! Come on mother nature keep em closed!!
2006 KTM 250 XC-W

shredder

#12 Post by shredder » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:33 pm

I'm proud what this means to our series. Fun factor high, safe for the whole family and respect for the land. Bravo :wink:

motoracr199

#13 Post by motoracr199 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:43 am

Well I for one, am happy it was postponed. River trip last weekend ruled me out of this one but now I get a second chance! :D
David Stewart
Thanks to Dunlop, AXO, Dragon, and Fly Racing

kxmatt

#14 Post by kxmatt » Thu May 02, 2013 11:03 am

I sure know a lot of folks are relying on there being a race this weekend. I know the weather sucks, I get it that parking areas may be soggy but where there is a will there is a way. After the offroadcup I could care less how muddy the course is. There are not any hare scrambles that I have seen, checked Iowa,Ok, Arkansas, Mo and people are dying to ride! Dan Im begging...I you have it...they will come. Hopefully w the Saturday 40% chance of rain and the 60 degree Sunday it will happen.

smith696

#15 Post by smith696 » Thu May 02, 2013 6:44 pm

DADGUM RAIN!! Im only about hour or so north of El Dorado and its raining pretty good here. They are calling for 1/2 inch more thru the night and tomorrow!! This spring sux!! Wont be surprised if there is snow on the ground in the am!!!
2006 KTM 250 XC-W

WireFryer

#16 Post by WireFryer » Thu May 02, 2013 8:54 pm

kxmatt wrote: I get it that parking areas may be soggy but where there is a will there is a way......... After the offroadcup I could care less how muddy the course is.
The Property Owners DO CARE about how "Muddy' the course is, and how 'Soggy' their Soccer Field where we park our trucks and haulers is...

They OWN the LAND..., and it's long-term earning potential is directly tied to how smart they use it :wink: .

And if the Property Owners at Camp Gallilee decide FMHSC has to wait for another day, then THAT is what is going to happen.

Get pushy..., 'We gotta get this race in!!!, piss 'em off...., rape their ground.., rut the crap out of the parking lot..., and that location is GONE-GONE-GONE! on next years schedule...

This attitude is how the KOOR Series died a slow, painful death back in the late 90's. Ran "Rain or Shine".... and it killed them.

Tim
The saddest sound in all MotorSports is the noise the drivetrain makes as you slowly coast to a complete stop.

Btrigg88

#17 Post by Btrigg88 » Thu May 02, 2013 9:12 pm

People have forgot what a wet spring is like. It's been so long since we have had to worry about cancled races. Pretty soon guys will be complaining about the dust and heat.
Brian Trigg
KTM 300 xcw
2012-#9131
2013-#979
2014-#840
2015-#88

quik406

#18 Post by quik406 » Thu May 02, 2013 10:23 pm

Pretty soon guys will be complaining about the dust and heat.
I was just thinking the same. Too hot to race talk... :roll:

Tank

#19 Post by Tank » Fri May 03, 2013 9:01 am

I so agree that we need to be considerate of the land owners! I know as racers we will race in almost any kind of weather, but look at the damage that it does to the land when we rut it up the ground so much that it is permantly ruined. We as off roaders are losing ground that we so enjoy our sport on each and every day due to people that have no respect for it. We really need to show respect and race another day when it is good for everyone (racer and land owner)! This would have been (if it is cancelled) with FMHSC and I am so looking forward to it! But there are other races coming and I will be there for them!
WireFryer wrote:
kxmatt wrote: I get it that parking areas may be soggy but where there is a will there is a way......... After the offroadcup I could care less how muddy the course is.
The Property Owners DO CARE about how "Muddy' the course is, and how 'Soggy' their Soccer Field where we park our trucks and haulers is...

They OWN the LAND..., and it's long-term earning potential is directly tied to how smart they use it :wink: .

And if the Property Owners at Camp Gallilee decide FMHSC has to wait for another day, then THAT is what is going to happen.

Get pushy..., 'We gotta get this race in!!!, piss 'em off...., rape their ground.., rut the crap out of the parking lot..., and that location is GONE-GONE-GONE! on next years schedule...

This attitude is how the KOOR Series died a slow, painful death back in the late 90's. Ran "Rain or Shine".... and it killed them.

Tim
John
KTM 300 xc-w
KLX 450R
2014#1058 C Vet
2013#958 Trailrider