General Bike Talk
usedktm

No Vintage Class?

#1 Post by usedktm » Thu May 09, 2013 8:01 pm

.........this year at Big Springs?

PK

Re: No Vintage Class?

#2 Post by PK » Fri May 10, 2013 11:45 am

No. It doesn’t really make sense to keep buying plaques for a class that no one has entered in the last two years! Vintage guys cry about wanting a class, I provide a venue and they don’t show, or they stand on the side lines complaining that there isn’t a class for their exact make and model, etc……….
Perry Keegan

2008 Race of the Year Drexel MO
2010 Race of the Year Big Springs KS
2011 Race of the Year Big Springs KS
2014 Race of the Year Big Springs KS
2017 Race of the Year Heartland Motorsports Park

usedktm

#3 Post by usedktm » Fri May 10, 2013 5:36 pm

PK wrote:No. It doesn’t really make sense to keep buying plaques for a class that no one has entered in the last two years! Vintage guys cry about wanting a class, I provide a venue and they don’t show, or they stand on the side lines complaining that there isn’t a class for their exact make and model, etc……….
Yeah, I don't blame ya. Maybe instead of catching Harry the Gorilla.......(or was he a Hare), we could have "catch the vintage rider"? :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks for all you do to put on the B.O.K.!!

Frank

#4 Post by Frank » Tue May 14, 2013 7:36 pm

Why don’t the vintage riders just sign up to race the regular Hare Scramble race as normal, in what ever class they care to enter. Then they can sign up on a vintage race list with their rider’s number, bike’s year, make, size, and model, and the rider’s name and age. After the race, Perry could see who went farther and faster and assign places. That way even if they only rode one lap or the whole race, the scores would still fall into place and that can be posted. If Perry wants to, he could give the top winners a fifty cent, home made, ribbon with magic marker saying Vintage race, X place. Keep it cheap, but make it happen. I think it would be awesome to see how the different age machines and riders come out with the rest of the modern bikes. Just seeing the final list without any awards would still be cool! Can you make a sign up list and post it at the sign up trailer? Make it happen!

bmb

#5 Post by bmb » Tue May 14, 2013 9:42 pm

Wow!! Sounds like you've got it all figured out, mayb u should make the signup sheet:()
No fear comes right before oh $$$$

Frank

#6 Post by Frank » Wed May 15, 2013 9:10 am

As of today's date, 05/15/2013, what year bikes are acceptable for a vintage class?

PK

#7 Post by PK » Thu May 16, 2013 10:38 pm

………..uuhhh maybe I am cornfused. I was thinking the BOK Vintage class…
I eliminated it due to no entries for the last two years.

Oh and …..yes what Mark said. I’m in (NO PLAYDAY RIBBONS) real plastic trophies!

………..uuhhh maybe I am cornfused.

I was thinking the BOK Vintage class…

I eliminated it due to no entries for the last two years.

And yes..... what Mark said. I’m in. We could require only one lap for Vintage Class. (NO PLAY-DAY RIBBONS) real plastic trophies. Must acquire transponder.

Vintage : 1990 and older? 1980 and older?
Perry Keegan

2008 Race of the Year Drexel MO
2010 Race of the Year Big Springs KS
2011 Race of the Year Big Springs KS
2014 Race of the Year Big Springs KS
2017 Race of the Year Heartland Motorsports Park

Frank

#8 Post by Frank » Fri May 17, 2013 10:24 pm

Perry, you do a great job promoting off road riding and we are thrilled to have the opportunity to ride. It sounds like there might be a few…maybe very few riders who want to ride a vintage class. I said earlier to just throw them in with the hare scramble classes and let the numbers fall as they may, however, this might have been a bad idea due to collectors possibly riding another bike in a different type of race. It might be best, if there really is an interest, to race vintage bikes at a completely different time away from all other races, possibly an hour or more after a main type of race. Just do it for fun and if it takes off, game on!