Warrensburg postponed to July 13/14. Walters Ranch instead

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Warrensburg postponed to July 13/14. Walters Ranch instead

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:57 pm

So, Warrensburg is flooded out now and there is no way to get anyone in to park. That race will now be held July 13/14 and still be a two day event. So that we can still race, Walter's Ranch will run this Sunday at noon for a one race format and one day only. This is the type of terrain that can handle rain on the trails and in the parking so this should be a more sure thing. I hate saying that knowing what it could bring on us and knowing what this spring has been like but sometimes you just cant have no in your heart, brother (Joe Dirt).

In two weeks will will still run the planned event at Walter's Ranch. It will be a different course and still be a one day, one race event starting at noon. There will be peewees at both. This is one of the tougher/rockier areas for the peewees so bear that in mind when you make your decision for them to ride or not.

One last thing, Eagle Ranch was postponed at the start of the year and we now know it will not be made up due to scheduling conflicts. Adding this race in for this coming weekend will help make up that missing event. AND dont be suprised when you read your first place plaque and it says Eagle Ranch 2013 on it. If you are a stickler for detail, you may have to paste over the Eagle part!

Tell everyone you know that all of these changes are happening. I dont want anyone missing out on the fun. There will be concessions.

Peewees practice at 8:30 and race at 9:00. This PW course is a little tougher than most so consider that if you have a brand new rider. We dont want to scare them off before we even get them hooked!
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

smith696

Re: Warrensburg postponed to July 13/14. Walters Ranch inst

#2 Post by smith696 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:28 pm

Does anyone know how hard or rocky the pee wee course usually is? This is my sons first race and he is 6 and in the pee wee 50! Main page says its for skills of all levels but then again I hear its gonna be rocky so was hoping for some experienced input! Thanks
2006 KTM 250 XC-W

flipstick357
Site Admin

#3 Post by flipstick357 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:34 pm

If it is not to muddy to run it around the pond like we did last year then it is fairly smooth and fun. If that is too muddy then all the other options get pretty tough for the little ones. Hopefully the pond it available for Dan to set up around.
""I think the best possible social program is a job."

Ronald Reagan

14 KTM 350XC-F #537

smith696

#4 Post by smith696 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:50 am

Hope the rain holds off! Looks like 50% from tonight thru morning
2006 KTM 250 XC-W