Walters Ranch

General Bike Talk
shredder

Re: Walters Ranch

#21 Post by shredder » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:23 pm

Well Tim what is that noise or "clunking" sound I hear? I do not have a Go Pro or any thing else mounted on my helmet. In fact I still hear that clunking when I'm not even wearing a helmet/ :?

keko

#22 Post by keko » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:02 pm

My go pro used to do that to and I found it was the clip in mount. I resolved this by putting a small piece of plastic wrap on the clip before clipping it in.
2014 #77
2013 #777
2010, 2011, 2012 #818
2009 #888
2008 #822
http://www.moto-tally.com/fmhsc/Results ... iderDetail

WireFryer

#23 Post by WireFryer » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:36 pm

My best research efforts indicate the "clunking" sound you describe can come from many sources.. most of which are generated by impacts to your skull by voluntary/involuntary actions.

Voluntary actions that involve banging your head against the nearest available wall of Rockwell45 or better construction include;...

Teenagers of either gender in your house,
Filling the fuel tank of an Ford F350,
Being employed by an Italian owned company,
Owning a "Small Business" of any kind in the current regieme,
Having Nieces, Nephews, and a GrandDaughter that think 2s gas, 22LR ammo, and fireworks are free forever,
The State of Kansas, in F'n Corporated......
Being within earshot of Dan when the scoring antennea or the laptops are being cranky.
Owning anything with the words "Tier 4 Emissions Compliant" on the title.

Involuntary actions that result in banging your head against an immovable surface to produce some type of "clunking" sound include;..

Hedge,
Locust,
Oak,
first pinch point into the woods,
second pinch point into the woods,
In Kansas, the concrete-like ground,
In Missouri, the reasonably soft rocks,
In Oklahoma, the IntraState Highway system,
In Arkansas, the well mapped trail system,
Pitting next to Lederhouse,

Got any of these, Dennis? :mrgreen:

Whoop!
Tim
The saddest sound in all MotorSports is the noise the drivetrain makes as you slowly coast to a complete stop.

quik406

#24 Post by quik406 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:01 am

Thanks, I'll take a look. I thought it might be caused by the fact that it seems loose on its mount. Either way I need to fix it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z4EMk7p9Hw

fixed the rattle on mine...

Btrigg88

#25 Post by Btrigg88 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:31 pm

Yes, you need the white thingy. Mine came with one. No more tap tap tap. It's super fun trying to remove the camera from the new improved quieter mount.
Brian Trigg
KTM 300 xcw
2012-#9131
2013-#979
2014-#840
2015-#88

WireFryer

#26 Post by WireFryer » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:39 pm

Interesting.... my Hero2 almost needs a pair of ChannelLocks to get the silly thing locked into the mount on top of my lid.

And yes... always have your white rubber on... then if your camera gets ripped off it would be 3Ms' fault :mrgreen: .

One tip I may throw at helmetcam owners is storage.... I keep my GoPro, spare mounts, data cables, manual, cleaning wipes, Rain-X wipes, anti-fog wipes, and a nice anti-stat towel in a $10 plastic pistol case I had laying around that you can get anywhere weapons are sold (like WalMart :wink: ).

You can keep the whole thing together in a safe, armored package that is easily hidden under a truck seat, or stashed in your gear bag.

Whoop!

Tim
The saddest sound in all MotorSports is the noise the drivetrain makes as you slowly coast to a complete stop.

shredder

#27 Post by shredder » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:16 pm

OK..
So if the Go Pro is in the (Wal Mart) pistol case, I'm guessing that the pistol is in the cookie jar. So if the pistol is in the cookie jar then the cookies are in the helmet bag. So if the cookies are in the helmet bag then the helmet is in the trunk. So if the helmet is in the trunk then the spare is in the garage. So if the spare is in the garage then the dirt bike is in the back yard. If the dirt bike is in the back yard then the kiddie pool is in the back of the pick up? Well we don't own a pick up truck and I NEED THAT KIDDIE POOL TIM!!!! OK, All because Tim won"t put his Go Pro in a Go Pro case would everyone that owns a pick up truck please look for my kiddie pool because Landon - my one year old Grandson wants to play in his kiddie pool......sheesh :wink:
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

slomojo

#28 Post by slomojo » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:16 pm

shredder wrote:OK..
So if the Go Pro is in the (Wal Mart) pistol case, I'm guessing that the pistol is in the cookie jar. So if the pistol is in the cookie jar then the cookies are in the helmet bag. So if the cookies are in the helmet bag then the helmet is in the trunk. So if the helmet is in the trunk then the spare is in the garage. So if the spare is in the garage then the dirt bike is in the back yard. If the dirt bike is in the back yard then the kiddie pool is in the back of the pick up? Well we don't own a pick up truck and I NEED THAT KIDDIE POOL TIM!!!! OK, All because Tim won"t put his Go Pro in a Go Pro case would everyone that owns a pick up truck please look for my kiddie pool because Landon - my one year old Grandson wants to play in his kiddie pool......sheesh :wink:
Dennis, eat a snickers. :D
Joe Lederhouse
I said I love it,I didn't say I was good at it.
08 #962
09 #962
10 #762
11 #762
12 #74
13 #1062
14 #1003

shredder

#29 Post by shredder » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:23 pm

Hey now!!! That's about enough outta you!!! You've been vacationing and eating well I hope! Eat a LOT more today, tonight and tomorrow. Snack as much as possible and I'll be seeing ya at the starting line! I'm headed to Donnell's now to get my flat-proof tires picked up to give you a good fight on sunday my man!!! :wink:
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!