Anyone got an 04 Honda CRF Factory Service manual handy?

WireFryer

Anyone got an 04 Honda CRF Factory Service manual handy?

#1 Post by WireFryer » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:56 pm

Welll, here is what the silly rabbit did.... he done took his TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) off his Keihin FCR Carb when he sent it to his engine guy to cook it clean enough to eat off of, and throw a Moose kit in it.

Turns out... thats a major boo-boo... :roll:

Had I known the damn thing was that picky, unlike the automotive types, I would have scribed it and been happy.

Here is what I need.... the Factory Ohm value parameters for a 2004 Honda CRF250R Throttle Position Sensor.

Hunted all over the net and have had no luck.

DoH!

Tim
The saddest sound in all MotorSports is the noise the drivetrain makes as you slowly coast to a complete stop.

motoracr199

Re: Anyone got an 04 Honda CRF Factory Service manual handy?

#2 Post by motoracr199 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:17 am

Tried thumpertalk?

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/102148 ... ry10739354

He said 870 from the factory mark, 620 for it to work for him.
David Stewart
Thanks to Dunlop, AXO, Dragon, and Fly Racing

Mammal

#3 Post by Mammal » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:49 pm

For the 2004 CRF250X it is 4-6kΩ according to my Honda service manual. Not sure if the 250R is the same.
Matt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WireFryer

#4 Post by WireFryer » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:01 pm

Hmmmm, almost everything I've found on the net has me setting my meter to 2k ohms with the + red probe on the yellow wire and the - black probe on the black wire.

Yamaha values are .580 to .780. So I tried that, no joy.

I got the carb off the bike and the TPS attached to it on my bench and this is turning out to be an interesting exercise in aggravation.

She'll fire 2nd kick when cold and run sweet on the choke, but when I push in the button, the engine flat stops.

Always ask yourself... what has changed? (some chowderhead removed the TPS to protect it from the carb cooker, not understanding the lil' thing is kinda' sensitive to where it was set at the Factory..., THATS what changed!)

Mammal, You are a Fine Human Being! ( no matter what Shredder sez about you 8) . Thank you a ton for the pics! That is precisely what I was after. Now I got something to work with, outstanding!.

(Pssst, Dave, keep telling me that when I go back to the 2s..... life will get easy in a hurry)

Whoop!

Tim
The saddest sound in all MotorSports is the noise the drivetrain makes as you slowly coast to a complete stop.

motoracr199

#5 Post by motoracr199 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:36 am

I tried :oops:
David Stewart
Thanks to Dunlop, AXO, Dragon, and Fly Racing