Riding season so far.....

General Bike Talk
ChrisMyers

Riding season so far.....

#1 Post by ChrisMyers » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:50 pm

Welp.... I was itchin' to ride all winter long. Finally..... Racing season is back and I'm ready to go. Missed Milford Lake and didn't get to ride at all till Big Springs. I do a practice lap and I am hyped up for racin'. Got off the start about mid pack and cruised with the 800's for a bit. Got out into the open and unleashed the beast!!! Came around scoring in 7th and was feeling good for the 2nd lap. Went out and got about half way into the course and looked back for faster riders, and when I turned my head back around I was heading straight for a tree. I couldn't turn fast enough and smacked my knee on the tree going a decent speed. Stopped for about 5 min or so and putted back to the camper with a messed up knee. Walters ranch comes along and the bike started messing up so I didn't get to race, which was probably a good thing seeing as my knee was still tweaked. Walters Ranch 2 comes riding around the berm and I am wanting to race regardless of the conditions. Rode a little bit of the course to get a feel for it and stopped at the road and headed back to camp. Didn't really feel like taking a chance at wasting some wanted energy for the race. Go around the corner in 2nd place and rode there for a bit. Got passed by a couple riders when I goofed up. I'm running 4th or 5th at this point and feeling wonderful. Passed the dirt road and noticed something wasn't feeling right. I looked down and had a flat..... :x So I rode back to camp and parked it. I've been wanting to race so bad! Is it bad I am jealous of all the racers and wanting the feeling of being dead tired and sore after a race? Had a cruddy season so far. Hopefully it picks up and I can get my rear end into gear and get some good ol' race points. Because I ain't doin' so hot right now, Haha. :lol:
2007 #1112
2008 #1112
2009 #1112
2010 #1112
2011 #1112
2012 #838/814
2013 #814