Drexel Rear View Video.

General Bike Talk
oldmandave59

Drexel Rear View Video.

#1 Post by oldmandave59 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:47 am

This is my favorite view, being able to see what was going on behind me during the race. 3 or 4 Seiniors passed me and a few others including Jared Walker clowning me , having way too much fun. Also a couple of ROAD WARRIERS. Didn't know we could short cut with the road.
http://youtu.be/oDXhn1UFbow
Riding is not a hobby, its a lifestyle

Btrigg88

Re: Drexel Rear View Video.

#2 Post by Btrigg88 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:37 am

Cool perspective. Now you need two cams so you can split screen! I was waiting for the jump!! I don't know if the road was out of bounds or not, but I did see a lot of extra trails going through the grass that looked pretty suspicious. Thanks for posting.
Brian Trigg
KTM 300 xcw
2012-#9131
2013-#979
2014-#840
2015-#88

shredder

#3 Post by shredder » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:40 pm

Thanks for posting that. I found the rear view very interesting. I liked that perspective. :wink:
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

oldmandave59

#4 Post by oldmandave59 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:25 pm

Bottrigg wrote:Cool perspective. Now you need two cams so you can split screen! I was waiting for the jump!! I don't know if the road was out of bounds or not, but I did see a lot of extra trails going through the grass that looked pretty suspicious. Thanks for posting.
I am using 2 cams and I can do a picture in Picture video if I have The time to do so. Here is an example. At about 1 minute and 30 sec it starts PIP. Taylor Pass CO. The best part starts at 11.0 minutes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FSf4r5WA5g

shredder

#5 Post by shredder » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:07 pm

Very cool. :wink:
Nicely done.
I'm getting the double camera set up too. Then after the race I can count the parts I loose and how many at each tree I hit, catalog each part with a loss part number and keep track frame by frame! DDOOOOOOOOH! :mrgreen:

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

wadedawg

#6 Post by wadedawg » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:13 pm

I tried the rear view go pro once.... there was no one in the video for a couple of minutes, then a swarm of 800 riders passed, a few minutes later a gang of 900 riders....... it would seem I was all alone! Then I was passed by the juniors and girls..... too embarrassing to let anyone else see.
2010 XC-W450 SD #959
2012 XC-F350 #1034
2015 XC-W 300 SD TBD

shredder

#7 Post by shredder » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:37 pm

I do a lot of high end condo remodels and a lot of folks seem to have a lot of extra money and they always end up having me install large 1/4" thick mirrors - everywhere. It's a lot like a reverse Go - Pro angle...sometimes we see things we don't want to see.

I would imagine mine to be going along fine... then a sudden shaking effect followed by a few pix-elated messy frames followed by a loooong sky shot. Then heavy breathing, a pinch of mumbled swearing, grunting sound laminated of some mysterious woods footage then off and moving again......
Maybe I'll just look at the front and leave it at that. :wink:

oldmandave59

#8 Post by oldmandave59 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:05 pm

Picure In Picture Drexel. Practicing my editing. Need ot syncronize camera's next race to mke it easier.

http://youtu.be/FIixlX9Kj4A
Last edited by oldmandave59 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

shredder

#9 Post by shredder » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:34 pm

That is so cool! I feel like I'm watching the wide world of sports - taking us across the globe, the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat!
Who would thunk that a bunch of weekend warriors watching a dirt bike race - picture in a picture front and rear view?
Wow...almost like NASCAR only they don't do front AND rear at the same time!
WHOOP! :wink:

oldmandave59

#10 Post by oldmandave59 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:39 pm

shredder wrote:That is so cool! I feel like I'm watching the wide world of sports - taking us across the globe, the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat!
Who would thunk that a bunch of weekend warriors watching a dirt bike race - picture in a picture front and rear view?
Wow...almost like NASCAR only they don't do front AND rear at the same time!
WHOOP! :wink:
Thanks, A pleasure racing with you. I will try to hit more races this fall, but saving it up for MORE, Eagle Ranch next weekend, 2 races. Looks like WFO Trailriders Jasaon, Jay, Tyler and Joey are hooked on racing the FMHS so I will try to get there as often as possible.