warrensburg race reports

General Bike Talk
swedishfishmx

Re: warrensburg race reports

#31 Post by swedishfishmx » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:54 pm

AStevens wrote:Practiced well, my 45 second Drexel lesson was... :lol:
Ain't easy :oops: I do enjoy taking pictures and if I didn't enjoy racing as much I would be doing more pictures or taking video.

I've always wanted to get a nice video camera/editing software and hit some races.
Brad Stretz | 243
Husqvarna TC250
Donnell's Motorcycles
DeCal Works
Liechti Racing

Brock_t

#32 Post by Brock_t » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:39 pm

I think a few people found a cut thru trail that takes a good minute or so off a lap.. Looking at the lap times, positions, and from what I seem while racing, something doesn't add up. A
Anyone else notice someone placing in front of them but started behind them and never passed them?
Brock Turner, #930
2013 KTM 250 XC-F

motoracr199

#33 Post by motoracr199 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:52 am

Started off by going about 3 feet, then letting it out a little too much and killed it. :x Regrouped and started near the back I'm guessing. Tried to keep up as best I could but I've never seen dust so thick before. Prayed to make it into the woods alright and started to chip away positions.

Second lap, a tree jumped straight in front of me and I couldn't avoid it. Tweaked my wrist again from the crash, as it wasn't fully recovered from my last lap plunge at Drexel. Regrouped and got going again! Finished out the race with at least a crash or two on each lap; at least I was consistent!

Thanks for putting a good race on, love to race there with a good mix of everything! Open fields and hills make for an exciting event and there were even some rocks so I can practice on defeating my kryptonite.

Thanks Scoring Ladies for being AWESOME!
David Stewart
Thanks to Dunlop, AXO, Dragon, and Fly Racing

TEAMBRAWNER

#34 Post by TEAMBRAWNER » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:45 pm

I worked the first day and I raced the second.
It was a great start for me, I got the holeshot
and lead for a lap and a half but my good luck
didnt last long, because I took a wrong turn :evil: and
Macon Ezell past me. I found my way back to the
track and my brother Zack Brawner was right on
me I made a mistake and he past me near the
end of the second lap. Then stayed in third place for
the next 5 laps and Nick Plesa caught up to me
and had a small battle with him but he past me.
I took 4th overall for the day and was very happy
with that.

I would like to thank the land owner and dan for
putting together a great race.

Sponsors: Letko(Perry), Fly racing and my Mom and Dad

Nick Brawner #9

TEAMBRAWNER

#35 Post by TEAMBRAWNER » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:01 pm

I worked the first day and had a fun time, The second day I raced I should have worked because I got dead last:evil: in the C ADV. Class. I pasted 3 riders to get to 5th place on the first lap then the second lap i stayed in the same position but was gaining on the 4 position, I soon caught up to him but he was having bike problems so he let me pass. i stayed in 4th the rest of the rest of the race, glad it wasn't dusty hehehe :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would like to thank the land owner and dan for
putting together an amazing race.

Sponsors: Letko(Perry), Fly racing and my Mom and Dad

Alec Brawner

E.A.

#36 Post by E.A. » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:49 pm

I showed up totally expecting to be parking on the property on the other side of the road...... (last year I was the guy that had the KDX go swimming) This year I was ready to show that creek whos boss....Then find out, no major creek crossings. I was a little bummed. :( I wanted revenge dang it.

What a difference a year makes. Going from nearly dead last, to doing a 1,2 finish this year.

Day 1: What a great set up track!!,I couldn't get the smile off my face until I took out a tree hard on the first lap! Yet oddly enough never got passed, that never happens. I shook off the crash, and the pain and just tried to ride consistent. However moments later noticed my side dripping wet since I managed to destroy my camel back in the crash. Then as the laps go on, and I noticed the pain in my wrist was getting really bad from the crash. (I started to think I wasn't going to come back for day 2).....But who was I kidding. Coming through the timing the final time with "Class Leader" showing was a big motivation to come back day two.

Day 2: Started pretty much dead last. (its amazing how much having to do a "4 kicker" will set you back) clawed my way back to the front of the pack, really trying my hardest to push myself in the grass sections. Sadly was excited to see my fellow rider buddy Jeff (931) right in front of me on his gas-gas. We battle for about 3 turns, and down he goes. :( I was stoked for us to ride together and push each other, guess it wasn't meant to be. The rest of the race I was feeling fantastic....came through on the final lap and it said "2nd", I though I only let some 600's past me, but looks like that yellow suzuki snuck by me. :) No worries, just means I need to try harder next time. :)

Thank you so much to the guys and gals that make these events happen. From the moment I walk up to pay my $30, I am always greeted with a smile.... to the moment I leave. You all are great!

Erik
2015: #tbd
2014: #609 C (1st)
2013: #801 Sportsman (1st)
2012: #913 Trailrider (10th)

2001 Honda CR250r
2012 KTM 300XC

2014 KTM 250SX-F (Sold)
1999 Kawi KDX200 (Sold)
1982 Honda CR125r (Sold)

TEAMBRAWNER

#37 Post by TEAMBRAWNER » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:18 pm

Day 1 i got my work on and swept the last 3 miles of the course. Had a good time while doin it!
Day 2 was race day for the brawner team. Did a few practice laps in the morning, riding it backwards was definently a little weird. Got lined up on the starting line ending up 3rd in the holeshot not too bad. Still sucked in alot of dust from my bro nick and macon ezell! Was on macons tail guessing where the trail was for about 3 miles ended up going off the track and went down :(. Got back up and pushed myself a little too hard ended up goin down again! Not havin this dust finally caught up with nick B, put a pass on him in the grass track but yet again fell down right in front of him so he got back in front of me!. Not too happy at this point so got back on him and put a little brotherly love in the pass and got around him! chased macon for the rest of the time not really gaining or losing anytime. All and all was a great race, thanks to Dan and landowner! Hope we can do it again there!

Letko KTM

Zack Brawner, 121