TBD race October 20th is at Milford Lake

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

TBD race October 20th is at Milford Lake

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:15 am

To fill out the original 14 races for the year, Milford Lake 2 will be held on October 20th. Unfortunately this will be the first of three races back to back to back. This was the only good date that did not conflict with other series and other events.

I had hoped to work in a new location but did not get it done. So, we are actually lucky to have a spot we can fall back on. This event is always good and almost a sure thing to run on that date since the parking lot is gravel and the trails can handle the rain. If conditions are dry enough, I will look at the north side to see if we can run there for the first time in 10 years.

Also, I try to evenly split who gets to race first and we missed a lot of races that the 100's would have raced first. This race and El Dorado will have the 100's to 500's racing first at 11:00. I dont like to switch back and forth for fear of someone not getting the word. Make sure you take note of this and tell your friends. Remind the promoter at Melvern to announce it as well as that is the last one the current way.

Mark your calendars.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

El Dog

Re: TBD race October 20th is at Milford Lake

#2 Post by El Dog » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:05 am

...when you check the trails...can you get rid of all the POISON IVY? :?
Or I can do my best to stay upright on my bike!!

Thanks,
Glad to have it close,
El Dog
#1042 ,'10 CRF 250

shredder

#3 Post by shredder » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:21 pm

I too am still currently able to accurately locate, pin point any poison ivy in a 5 mile radius. I am currently on a steroid pack right now from Merwin. When I get it, I get it bad....I am actually so highly allergic that I even got it from talking to someone else who had it!!!!!!and we were talking on the PHONE! :lol:

Dan on the other hand uses it in the shower to open closed skin pores - don't ya just hate that guy?
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

VetSki

#4 Post by VetSki » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:21 pm

Just a heads up, I rode Milford last Sunday and the place was overgrown like crazy! Every trailhead had a canopy of tree limbs covering the entrance. I have never ridden thru so many big spider webs! I had a good time, but it's overgrown and washed out worse than I have ever seen it. It might be more work than expected to lay out a course, but Dan is the Man! I'm sure it will be great! Oh yeah, it was pretty dry too.
Keith Sowalskie
2009' #474
2008' #373
2007' #373 10th Place
2006' 500 Class Champ, #505
2005' 700 Class 5th, #767
Still riding a 2005' Honda CRF250X!

swedishfishmx

#5 Post by swedishfishmx » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:49 pm

Dan if you need any help give me a call or text. I'm willing to help.
Brad Stretz | 243
Husqvarna TC250
Donnell's Motorcycles
DeCal Works
Liechti Racing

Jason g

#6 Post by Jason g » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:29 pm

I have been staring :shock: at the calendar for weeks and yes the 20th is open. Sounds like a good plan!
I prayed for an old, wise angel who fly's faster than I ride. 2005 yz 250// 2000 cr 500// 2007 rmz 450// 2008 ktm 300// 2013 ktm 300 xcw.

SCORVA

#7 Post by SCORVA » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:59 pm

VetSki wrote:Just a heads up, I rode Milford last Sunday and the place was overgrown like crazy! Every trailhead had a canopy of tree limbs covering the entrance. I have never ridden thru so many big spider webs! I had a good time, but it's overgrown and washed out worse than I have ever seen it. It might be more work than expected to lay out a course, but Dan is the Man! I'm sure it will be great! Oh yeah, it was pretty dry too.
Yup! No dought about it, overgrown is putting it accurately but not so much the "tree limbs"...more like branches with heavy follage...there woods!!
I was out working on the north end trimming back face slappers and cedar trees that have been neglected for a couple years.
When there's only a couple of people (myself and one other) that are willing to do the work out there it becomes quite over whelming and we get burned out.
The perimeter trail does have some erosion but that is common especially with the heavy rains we have had this year or the flooding/high lake levels which have/had flooded out some of the back low lying areas.
The north side is larger and should yield a longer course...I see 7 or 8 miles easily with enough clearing. :wink:
I'll be out there each saturday and sunday leading up to this race clearing on the north side if anyone would like to come and help :P
Plenty of poison ivy for everyone.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! What an incredible ride!"