El Dorado Springs Talk

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

El Dorado Springs Talk

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:07 am

If you reserved a cabin or RV spot in the spring, please call them and confirm you still want it. They transferred that original list to this weekend. The heated cabins and all but two RV spots appear to be booked but that depends on who confirms. There are still many small cabins that are nice but just have no heat or water. There are heated shower houses very near the cabins.

Open riding Saturday from 3:00 (earlier if we are finished with the course) until dark for a $10 fee intended to raise money for the camp.

This race was poorly attended last year and I simply dont know why. It was a two day event but I dont think that was the issue. We all found out that one course layout was much harder than the other. This one will be the "easy" direction. No way to know for certain but the weather is looking good so far. The dirt and rocks should have just the right amount of moisture content!! No dust, no mud, low temps, fall colors, on a motorcycle!!! Just exactly what do you want?!!

If you heard the race was too hard, I dont think that is correct infromation. It is not flat, and it does have rocks here and there but not rocky like Chadwick, Collins, or Walter's. A lot of the rocky areas are more like Milford. They are just small patches with much dirt trail connecting them. Definitely time for a drink or rest here and there. The difficulty level is not our hardest race but I would rate it 7 or maybe 8 out of 10 if that helps you judge it. The place is small so the laps will only be about five miles. Lots of chances to display your speed and ability in the scoring lane! Lots of spectator spots close to the campgrounds. Simply a beautiful place that we seldom get blessed with for a Hare Scramble. Come Saturday and just enjoy the place. There is an 8 acre lake right in the middle of the place.

This was voted race of the year last year and was the lowest turnout of the all the races. Go figure! Past participants, jump on this thread and give us your two cents about this place.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

grabbingears03

Re: El Dorado Springs Talk

#2 Post by grabbingears03 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:43 pm

When will the open riding be? It said from 3 until dark, but is that Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?
I raced Eldorado in the spring the MORE and it was rockier but nothing like the other courses mentioned and it was a blast. It should be fun for all levels of riders.

swedishfishmx

#3 Post by swedishfishmx » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:07 pm

grabbingears03 wrote:When will the open riding be? It said from 3 until dark, but is that Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?
I raced Eldorado in the spring the MORE and it was rockier but nothing like the other courses mentioned and it was a blast. It should be fun for all levels of riders.
Open riding Saturday from 3:00 (earlier if we are finished with the course) until dark for a $10 fee intended to raise money for the camp.
Brad Stretz | 243
Husqvarna TC250
Donnell's Motorcycles
DeCal Works
Liechti Racing

shredder

#4 Post by shredder » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:55 pm

I will be there for sure! Count me in! The "hard way" was a challenge to say the least but the next day on sunday was a peach! Can't wait! :wink:
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

grabbingears03

#5 Post by grabbingears03 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:32 pm

Thanks Swedishfish mx, I geuss I just skipped over that part. Thank you for informing me of silly mistake :D

shredder

#6 Post by shredder » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:01 pm

Hey Dan is there any quantities of sandy areas we riders need to be aware of?

Me on sand is like Timmy and Tank on Milford morning. My body is aching. (like the USA budget needs "tweaked", like the Hindenburg had a boo boo, like the titanic had a "leak", like the space shuttle Challenger had a "mishap"). :wink:
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

swedishfishmx

#7 Post by swedishfishmx » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:07 am

grabbingears03 wrote:Thanks Swedishfish mx, I geuss I just skipped over that part. Thank you for informing me of silly mistake :D
Just grab another gear and keep 'er pinned :). See you all this weekend.
Brad Stretz | 243
Husqvarna TC250
Donnell's Motorcycles
DeCal Works
Liechti Racing

swedishfishmx

#8 Post by swedishfishmx » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:08 am

shredder wrote:Hey Dan is there any quantities of sandy areas we riders need to be aware of?

Me on sand is like Timmy and Tank on Milford morning. My body is aching. (like the USA budget needs "tweaked", like the Hindenburg had a boo boo, like the titanic had a "leak", like the space shuttle Challenger had a "mishap"). :wink:
Sand= easy on the front brake and turn with the rear, see ya Sunday.
Brad Stretz | 243
Husqvarna TC250
Donnell's Motorcycles
DeCal Works
Liechti Racing

grabbingears03

#9 Post by grabbingears03 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:38 am

I see what you did the Swedishfish mx, thanks and see ya this weekend.

Jason g

#10 Post by Jason g » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:44 am

im taking this opportunity to say thanks for A wonderful season so far. I truly feel like im getting dialed in with bike set up, conditioning, and learning to stay calm during the race. El dorado is beautiful, challenging at times, with lots of elevation changes but defiantly ridable for all skill levels. They even have a covered pavilion for the spectators and sign ups. Eldorado was my favorite track of the year last year also. Thanks again.
I prayed for an old, wise angel who fly's faster than I ride. 2005 yz 250// 2000 cr 500// 2007 rmz 450// 2008 ktm 300// 2013 ktm 300 xcw.