Milford Race Reports

General Bike Talk
shredder

Re: Milford Race Reports

#11 Post by shredder » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:58 am

Mine is good now also! Cool
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

quik406

#12 Post by quik406 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:29 pm

everybody got to see a bit of FM history, whether they knew it or not. Thank you Dan.
How so? :?:

slomojo

#13 Post by slomojo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:14 pm

The race was good fun.There were only a few sections of the course I did not love,and conditions were perfect.

Now I need to address why my nefarious plan failed.

The answer is fairly simple.I was only going to implement it as a contingency plan if Dennis passed me.Sure enough on the second lap I bobbled on the rocks coming off the beach(can we call it that with the lake so high?)and he passes me.I thought that would be a good spot so I signaled Coe D. Coyote to bring the Huskyvarmint killer out of the brush and take out Dennis' ride.

We were riding along that little rock cliff above the beach and here comes Coe,just as he gets into position,he flicks the switch.The flaw in the plan.

I hired a dog to run a machine to kill a dog!Doh! :oops:

Being the machine is electrical his hair stands on end,then there is smoke and flames.I thought I saw his skeleton glowing just before a little white image of him with wings flies off.The loader,varmint killer and a little ball of fire go into the lake.I sure am glad I bought insurance when I rented the equipment. :shock:

By now Dennis is out of range and I have to beat him on my own. :evil: I couldn't do it.I had a lot of fun trying.That's the fastest course I've ever seen out there.

I didn't have anything to do with Dennis' show at the start.I couldn't afford to use the Varmint killer there because of the innocent canines . :!:
Joe Lederhouse
I said I love it,I didn't say I was good at it.
08 #962
09 #962
10 #762
11 #762
12 #74
13 #1062
14 #1003

E.A.

#14 Post by E.A. » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:20 pm

bugler wrote:Wow what an awesome day and track! I had a great time and rode well.
Did anyone see this snake on the first lap of the second race?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

It must have had babies or something recently. Since when I was doing course tear down with #842 we literally had to walk over at least 3 living babies and a couple dead ones, that looked JUST like that thing, only smaller.

EA
2015: #tbd
2014: #609 C (1st)
2013: #801 Sportsman (1st)
2012: #913 Trailrider (10th)

2001 Honda CR250r
2012 KTM 300XC

2014 KTM 250SX-F (Sold)
1999 Kawi KDX200 (Sold)
1982 Honda CR125r (Sold)

E.A.

#15 Post by E.A. » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:26 pm

My race day.......

I said from the beginning that if I finished I would be happy. I am still not a fan of rocks, only because of how bad it hurts when you crash! Dirt is SOOOO much more forgiving. :)

Got a pretty good hole shot... (2nd behind #803)
Snagged first for only a moment, after making the pass on the (Hard, Sorta Hard, Easy) downhill section.
Then held onto 3rd for a few laps UNTIL......

Guess a rock wanted my brake lever more then I did......

Doing 2.5 laps, without a rear brake SUCKS! I can't believe, I held onto 3rd for so LONG.....
Finally right before the massive strait up hill, I heard Lauren coming up behind me, and knew I had to let her by....
No reason to slow her down because of my lack of braking.....

In the end, like I said when I arrived... I was happy to finish.
Making it home in one piece is what matters, and pushing to keep going, even with mechanical issues.

EA
2015: #tbd
2014: #609 C (1st)
2013: #801 Sportsman (1st)
2012: #913 Trailrider (10th)

2001 Honda CR250r
2012 KTM 300XC

2014 KTM 250SX-F (Sold)
1999 Kawi KDX200 (Sold)
1982 Honda CR125r (Sold)

advbeach

#16 Post by advbeach » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:34 pm

Here's the link to the first lap of c-vet, http://youtu.be/tf0Sb_9eUxc
Silva Beach
2013 Ktm 300 xc-w

shredder

#17 Post by shredder » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:19 pm

E.A. wrote:My race day.......

I said from the beginning that if I finished I would be happy. I am still not a fan of rocks, only because of how bad it hurts when you crash! Dirt is SOOOO much more forgiving. :)

Got a pretty good hole shot... (2nd behind #803)
Snagged first for only a moment, after making the pass on the (Hard, Sorta Hard, Easy) downhill section.
Then held onto 3rd for a few laps UNTIL......

Guess a rock wanted my brake lever more then I did......

Doing 2.5 laps, without a rear brake SUCKS! I can't believe, I held onto 3rd for so LONG.....
Finally right before the massive strait up hill, I heard Lauren coming up behind me, and knew I had to let her by....
No reason to slow her down because of my lack of braking.....

In the end, like I said when I arrived... I was happy to finish.
Making it home in one piece is what matters, and pushing to keep going, even with mechanical issues.

EA

Now THATS racing!
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

Superfast

#18 Post by Superfast » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:44 pm

Great video Silva!
Scott

2014 - #71
2013 - #72
2012 - #86 - #786
2011 - #825
2010 - #9198

motoracr199

#19 Post by motoracr199 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:55 pm

Superfast wrote:
Lap 6 got kind of exciting, started feeling pressure on my rear fender, I knew Silva was back there and figured he wanted the position and was prepping for battle. I stepped up the pace a little, blocked all the inside corners, if he was going to make it by, I wasn't going to make it easy. I hit the wide open section heading out towards the water in 5th gear, not quite pinned, saw a front fender off to my right, pinned the throttle and blocked the pass just before hitting the little rock ledge. Over the next few miles the battle continued, one time I felt a bark buster in my side, the next time a front wheel on my boot. I started thinking to myself, wow this is pretty aggressive, so I take a look back and notice it was 629 :shock: I let him pass as soon as I saw his plate ( I met him at the finish line and apologized, I would have let him by much sooner had I known! It's all good, no hard feelings on either side). Finished the race in Second Place.

The weekend was a blast, the course conditions were prefect and layout was awesome! Thanks to Dan and the boys for getting this one set up at the last minute and making it a great event.
No hard feelings, I should have yelled louder but you were putting on a good pace. I try not to be too aggressive but I waited quite a while too, shouldn't have rode so sloppy on those first laps.

I had a great time and pulled a good start, led for a little bit, then hit neutral on the first uphill. Turned around and went back down just in time to see 4 or 5 in the class go by. When the the good old seniors caught me, I let them by, only to find a good groove trailing them. Ran into a 7 hundy rider when he washed out with me right on him.

Ended up taking a dip in the only available mud hole for a bit and finished out riding with the 7's and a couple of 1000's also. Those guys are really fun to ride with.

I remember riding with Scott for quite a while and wondered why he wasn't letting me by. Me being the gentleman that I am decided to trail for a while and not pressure and just wait for an opening. Only problem is, he didn't leave any room! Gave a couple hollers and still nothing! I knew he was in the running for the podium and didn't want to mess up his groove but at the same time, I felt I could push a little more. When he did realize I wasn't his competition, he graciously let me by. We talked at the end and I was finally able to put a face to the name.

Caught 644 on the last lap and was itching for an opening. Again, no doors were left open. Ended up washing out trying an outside line in the sand (go figure :roll: ) Finished up in third and really enjoyed the whole event.

Ready for the last two rounds, Great season so far. See y'all tomorrow!
David Stewart
Thanks to Dunlop, AXO, Dragon, and Fly Racing

Honkytonk Superman

#20 Post by Honkytonk Superman » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:45 pm

Good to see you racing Jay.

Fender Bender