Eagle Ranch, Collins, Mo is closed to dirt bikes

General Bike Talk
Eagle Ranch

Eagle Ranch, Collins, Mo is closed to dirt bikes

#1 Post by Eagle Ranch » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:08 pm

Eagle Ranch near Collins, Mo is closed to dirt bikes for trail riding except for race days. This is due to a few disrespectful riders that can not stay off trials that were closed with wire and ribbons and decide to go around the closure and make another path, twice. A few bad apples spoils it for all. Sorry, but I'll see you at the race. Jerry

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Re: Eagle Ranch, Collins, Mo is closed to dirt bikes

#2 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:19 pm

They are allowing us to have our race there on March 2, 2014.

Hillbilly GP will have a race there on December 8, 2013.

I think El Dorado will be open for riding this winter. I will edit this with an answer soon.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

El Dog

#3 Post by El Dog » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:30 pm

This ABSOLUTELY sux!
Really only one of two venues that I make a significant trek for in the off-season (3 hours, no less)...
El Dog
#1042 ,'10 CRF 250

DEA

#4 Post by DEA » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:12 am

Damn! well sorry to hear that people have such a hard time following directions. Always enjoyed coming down there to ride and appreciate you letting us ride during the winter. your place is awesome, but I guess I will just have to make sure I hit every race to get my fix.
Thanks to Katie, Luke, Ali, and LETKO Cycles, Kenda, Amsoil, ODI, DT1, HBD Motographx, Dirt Tricks, Acerbis, Scott, AXO, Gaerne, Pivot Works, Vertex, Hot Rods, and Regina for the support. #215

AJ227

#5 Post by AJ227 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:27 pm

That is a huge bummer. I always look forward to the winter for the very reason I get to go play ride at Collins. Hopefully one day Eagle Ranch will allow us back out there.

Jason g

#6 Post by Jason g » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:42 am

were gonna really miss this awesome facilities, I know its only a few months out of the year but, theirs always a chance they will reconsider.
I prayed for an old, wise angel who fly's faster than I ride. 2005 yz 250// 2000 cr 500// 2007 rmz 450// 2008 ktm 300// 2013 ktm 300 xcw.

WireFryer

#7 Post by WireFryer » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:49 pm

Eagle Ranch wrote: This is due to a few disrespectful riders that can not stay off trials that were closed with wire and ribbons and decide to go around the closure and make another path, twice.
No intention of offending you whatsoever, Jerry... but the quoted statement above implies that that you know WHO the IDIOTS are..... that rode out of bounds on your property.

I cannot speak for the MORE Series, or the HBGP, but I will wade in with guns-a-blazin' on the FM side...., if the individuals involved are with our Series, then by all means feel free to post their numbers..... and WE Will police our own ranks, in a very public way.

If this is somekind of Local (cough, cough!) racer problem, I would ask you to reconsider punishing the ones who treat your facility as an example of Missouri Riding, horse or dirt bike.. as one of the better ones in the Western 3'rd of MO.

Tim
The saddest sound in all MotorSports is the noise the drivetrain makes as you slowly coast to a complete stop.

shredder

#8 Post by shredder » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:54 pm

Well put!I ditto that Tim. :wink:
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!