Carbondale Race Reports!

General Bike Talk
keko

Re: Carbondale Race Reports!

#11 Post by keko » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:01 pm

Stole this pic from Chris Locke but found it to cool not to post! Thanks Paul and everyone involved for putting on another great race!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2014 #77
2013 #777
2010, 2011, 2012 #818
2009 #888
2008 #822
http://www.moto-tally.com/fmhsc/Results ... iderDetail

quik406

#12 Post by quik406 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:07 pm

I really love Carbondale! First place I ever won a hare scramble!

Pulled in excited for one last round.

Less than stellar ending to a less than stellar year. Foot slipped off the kicker, causing a big delay in my start. After that is just went downhill. I could never get into a flow and just couldn't focus. You know your not focused...when you are racing and you hear jets and look for them....Not good.
but Shredders Wife Stacy told us after the show it was just two Billion dollars worth of invisible bombers doing a flyby.
Sad the year is over. I made a deal with myself to take a run at a points champion in 700, then take a year off to spend more family time and less money on dirt bikes. Well I didn't get that championship, but not for the reason I would have expected at the beginning of the year. I hope to race some of the closer races next year.

Love the pic^^^

Superfast

#13 Post by Superfast » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:32 pm

Carbondale ........ Well let's see, the day started off pretty good, besides the wind, that was pretty cold! Didn't use Shredders trailer to change, toughed it out!

Headed out for practice with Wirefryer, Tank and Slim. It was pretty slick, I don't think I have ever ridden Carbondale this wet before. There were some sections that you could open it up a little but around the next corner you would fight to stay on 2 wheels. When we got back from the practice lap my bike must have been 20 lbs heavier!

Visited with Chad a little, he was riding sweep, after seeing the course I kind of wished I was riding sweep! Discussed the points situation and quickly determined we were both locked in to first and second for the season.

Ok, Race time: Kept my head down during the 500 and 600 start, they were throwing clumps of sod on the launch! The 700 board drops, kick and go, not too bad, off the line in third and dropped to forth by the end of the grass section. My first lap wasn't too bad, just maintaining, came through scoring in 4th place, the second lap was a different story. Couldn't find the grove, kept loosing the front wheel on slick roots and felt like I was holding everyone up. Knowing there we still some guys in my class fighting for position, I didn't want to hold them up, called it a day at the end of the second lap.

Got the bike parked and headed for the hills to cheer everyone else on! Got a few weird looks from a few of my fellow 700's :shock:

Got to help out Tank when his lost his bike in a corner and well ....tanked!

Also cheered on Shredder when he came through on the last lap with a flat tire, The rear end of his bike was all over the place but he had that look in his eyes and kept pressing on.

All in all it was a great day and awesome way to end the season!
Scott

2014 - #71
2013 - #72
2012 - #86 - #786
2011 - #825
2010 - #9198

ktm1991

#14 Post by ktm1991 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:23 am

That was by far the best Carbondale yet due to the fact of no dust! I always seem to have trouble here last year I lost half of my bike it felt like from me seat to air box cover and a helmet cam! This year was no different got a bad jump and decided to try and make my own line through the cedar tree in the second corner and much to my surprise there were tires there and I went down in a hurry after dodging bikes in the fetal position I got up dead last and pissed off! The first lap was interesting trying to make passes in the slick stuff! Had a good four rider battle with Jeremy, Michael, and issac for the first lap. Second lap me and Isaac were able to get by and took off to catch the rest of the pack. Was able to get around Isaac before his bike quit and up to 4th the last three laps I was closing on Brennan but didn't think I was gonna have enough time to make a move until he got hung up with a lappet with two turns left I was close enough to slide by and take home 3rd place! It turned out to be a great final round thanks to Paul and Dan an everyone else for making it happen!

Ryan Grun #255
Ryan Grun
2014- #10
2013- #255
2012- #39
Thanks to my sponsors: Cycle Zone, Novik Gloves, Spy Optics, Answer Racing, Motorcycle Closeouts, Arnone's Lawn Care and My Mom and Dad.

slomojo

#15 Post by slomojo » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:20 pm

I had one goal at Carbondale,to beat Dennis and keep second place points.He did a good job telling you what happened during the race.I'm glad he didn't go down when I hit him at scoring cause that would have looked bad. :shock: I just can't believe how fast he can ride on a flat tire. :shock: It was a great race,down to the wire,very exciting. :D
Joe Lederhouse
I said I love it,I didn't say I was good at it.
08 #962
09 #962
10 #762
11 #762
12 #74
13 #1062
14 #1003

bshack

#16 Post by bshack » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:13 am

Dennis seems to have become very proficient with riding that Husky with flat tires!
Brad Hackett #968
2013 Husqvarna TXC 310R
"I love those Red Heads"!

shredder

#17 Post by shredder » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:53 pm

I would tell a joke Brad, but I'm afraid it would just be too flat...oh well...

Do you know why a dirt bike falls over and wont stand up by itself without a kick stand?
because it's just two tired! :wink:

Oh and Joe, honestly, I didn't even know you bumped me! After I came in and stopped to talk to Stacey I looked over and said...oh look! There's Joe! She said he was right behind you ...you...idiot! She was biting her nails watching us come into scoring and I hit the after burners because I just knew SOMEONE was right there but I couldn't turn my head back while riding that bucking bronco I was on. One head turn and I was afraid that would be all!!!

Well I'm not a complete idiot....some parts are missing... :wink:
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!