Senior Class revision

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Re: Senior Class revision

#11 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:17 pm

Better check that percentile cut off again. 74 will include a lot of the Seniors from 2013 and add some for 2014. I really think this is going to be a good mix and let some guys get out of the 800's and 900's.

1002 and 1002.1 should be available for Dennis and Joe!
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

shredder

#12 Post by shredder » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:47 pm

I read the post on my phone and I'm embarrassed to say that it's time to get the glasses re-tweaked. This morning I was using a blue tooth over my hearing aids so I could work and take calls simultaneously and I had to turn everything down cause it was so loud! I misread it as 72 percent not 74 percent. Sorry my bad! This means Joe, Randy, Mike, Todd and I can run full tillt and not break out. Cool!

I'm so glad your not breaking up the Rat Pack!!!

It's so cool to be running full tilt with my hair on fire, fighting someone to the finish line! I would rather fight and loose every week than to just have no competition and ride along like I did in 2012. I know that if I make too many mistakes and cough up the football then I loose the game... Period. This year has been cleaner riding approach which in turn brings the speed automatically. I used to ride faster than I could which - in turn - brings many mistakes and stupid crashes and blown corners. It's cool to keep the school for discipline open.
:wink: :wink: :wink:
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

slomojo

#13 Post by slomojo » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:09 pm

I could have sworn it said 72 also Dennis. I'm glad I get to run the # 1003 for 2014.For the record I am willing to race the teenagers too if that's what it comes to.I agree with Dan speed is speed.As long as some guy isn't averaging above the class limit I'll race em. :D
Joe Lederhouse
I said I love it,I didn't say I was good at it.
08 #962
09 #962
10 #762
11 #762
12 #74
13 #1062
14 #1003

slomojo

#14 Post by slomojo » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:11 pm

I just noticed 1002.1 very funny Dan. It was a close one! :D
Joe Lederhouse
I said I love it,I didn't say I was good at it.
08 #962
09 #962
10 #762
11 #762
12 #74
13 #1062
14 #1003

Ed M

#15 Post by Ed M » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:49 pm

Odd I read it as 72 also. Anyway I understand what Dan is saying about the need to populate the class whatever the new name is. Looking at the standings page I see only 50 riders entered to race the senior class this year, and only 6 riders in the class made it to the minimum of 8 races.

If we get enough riders in the new class, perhaps there will be a B+40 and C+40 class split in the future with adjusted percentiles. A quick look at how many riders showed up to race looks like a rough average of 11 riders at each race, clearly not enough riders to justify splitting the class at this time.

I also race the Hillbilly Series, so far the C+45 class averages 20 riders in the first two races while the B+45 class averages 11. Once the snow starts to fly I imagine those numbers will drop, but for now it is interesting to line up with 20 riders on the line.
Ed M

DETERMINATION: The feeling you get right before you try do something incredibly stupid

2013 KTM 350XCFW
#1086 for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015......
#786 for 2011
#786 for 2010
#906 for 2009
#1006 for 2008

wadedawg

#16 Post by wadedawg » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:06 pm

My bad... I read it as 72 % not 74%. Second thing to go was eye sight, What was the first? I'm all in for a change for the better. Lets give 2014 a run at it and see how it works out.
2010 XC-W450 SD #959
2012 XC-F350 #1034
2015 XC-W 300 SD TBD

shredder

#17 Post by shredder » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:42 pm

Dan is going to do what it takes to even out the starting lines and put same speed racers together as fairly as possible. Now I can't wait for 2014 and see how it pans out!
:wink:
1002.1...I don't care who you are...that's funny right there!

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

Kevin F

#18 Post by Kevin F » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:47 pm

I agree with Jason G on the B vet class. Maybe it could be something like

AA
A
B
B VET
C ADV
C VET ADV
C
C VET
SENIORS
SPORT
TRAILRIDERS
JUNIORS

Just throwing it out there. I think that would give the vets another level to achieve without having to ride with the young guns.
If there would be enough riders to support another line. I have no idea how many 30+ riders there are currently running in the B class. But I would bet a few guys from c vet adv would move up if there was a B vet class.

I know this has nothing to do with the senior class revision. But I thought Jason was on to a good idea.

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

#19 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:57 pm

I confess, it did say 72 as I knew it would cause a stir once the wolf pack thought they were being split up. It actually took longer than I expected and I started thinking I needed to get it corrected. I wanted it to be even with Sportsman and keep all the cutoff points the same. 74 just makes sense and the numbers support it. I have a good feeling about this change. Now it just needs a fitting title. I have heard 40 DD but worry this is not family friendly! WD 40 is taken. I suspect Vet 40 will win out. We just have to be diligent to inform new riders of the speed cut off.

One other small thing, there are not enough riders for a B Vet. Been there, tried that. Just go look at 2010 results and year end to see what I mean. Speed is speed. Age has nothing to do with it.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

shredder

#20 Post by shredder » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:50 pm

slomojo wrote:I just noticed 1002.1 very funny Dan. It was a close one! :D
When the whole dang year goes by and I have to endure more than my fair share of blown rear tires (like at Drexel where I just pulled off and cried as you flew by and tried to kick my bike over as you went by), your flippin elbow stuck in my right nostril on hard cut-back turns - more than once I might add, Eating all those dirt balls you love to throw my way, pressuring you for 2 laps and you just watch as you go all Captain Insano on me on that bouncy uphill at Thurman and left me in the dust, spending hours and hours rubbing off all that Honda paint off of my Husky, sharpening my tire so that I might have an edge on ya and the whole 14 layer cake comes down to the last lap on the last race and I beat you by .004 seconds and all you gotta say was...It was a close one?!

C'mon man!!! Kick the tires and light the fires man!!! You gotta be looking for some payback...right?

I love this sport!

PS Has anyone else noticed that Paul at Carbondale is the spitting image of Kazoo from the Flintstones? I just realized that except for the appearance on Family Guy, Paul appears about the same time Kazoo disappears...Hmmmmm...Same helmet but the antenna are just broken off...Hmmm...I'm thinking the broken antenna is why he can't get back home! That also explains the buried UFO's at Carbondale!!! Now I get it!!! Oh CRAP! The black Suburbans just circled the house!!! I gotta..............................