Springfield Endurocross Feb 14 &15 2014!

General Bike Talk
Hoska

Springfield Endurocross Feb 14 &15 2014!

#1 Post by Hoska » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:29 pm

Springfield Endurocross 2014
"The Most Exciting Show on Dirt!"
Back by popular demand! The Springfield Endurocross returns to the Ozark Empire Fairgrounds this Friday and Saturday.
The Ultimate Indoor Enduro presented by Fortner Insurance, Springfield Powersports, OTC, Cowan’s Ace Hardware, Lucas Oil, Bobcat of Springfield, Transport Graphics, All Metal Recycling, Midwest Sheet Metal, Yarbroughs Machine Shop and TBT Suspension.
Come see man and machine put to the ultimate test of endurance, speed, balance and skill on a dirt bike. A full gate of the top pro's and amateurs will sprint over a course which will include over 20 6ft loader tires, a truck load of basketball sized rock, loads of telephone poles and logs, the matrix and the bike eating sand pit, all inside the arena which will be built to challenging for the Pro's while doable for the Amateur's. Call your friends and family to what experts are calling "The most exciting show on dirt!"
Click on the link for a exciting taste of this weekend’s show!
http://youtu.be/awY9Bwq11Tc
Special Event this year will be the 3 man team race on Saturday night. 6 lap tag team event to see who will be the last team standing!
Plus an incredible trials show by the KC Trials Show Group and a Vintage bike show in the Pits.
It’s Championship weekend, who will be the this year’s Ultimate Indoor Enduro Champions?

The track design will be very diverse, technical and challenging while doable for the Amateurs! So come out and give it a try! This is Motorhead Events “don’t miss show of the year”.
Feb 14 and 15th Friday and Saturday at Springfield MO Ozark Empire Fairgrounds Arena with all new improved ventilation system this year.
Ticket Info: Advance tickets are available at: Springfield Powersports, Ron’s Racing Collectibles, Cowan’s Ace Hardware and online at Motorheadevents.com. Advance: adults $15: Kids age 3-11 $8. Day of show tickets go up $2. All access pass/ pit pass are $20 for one day and $30 for two day.
Doors open at 6:00. Show starts at 7:30 both nights.
For more information go to: www.motorheadevents.com or call 417 863-6353

Classes Include: Entry Fees: Mini $40, Am $45 Pro $60 Team race $30
Pro, A, B, C, +30, +40, +50, Schoolboy, Mini 65cc, Mini 85cc, Mini Open, Amateur Open Money, Trials, Womens, 4 Wheeler, Team Race.

Schedule: Fri and Sat: practice at 4pm with a clean bike practice for late comers Friday. Sat practice at 6pm Races at 7:30.
Host Hotel: La Quinta Inn: 417 447-4466 ask for Motorhead rate.

Speedysdad

Re: Springfield Endurocross Feb 14 &15 2014!

#2 Post by Speedysdad » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:14 pm

Hey fellow FM riders, this is a good time. Jay puts on a good show. His EX course is world class. Not only is it as technical as any other series in the states, but it is built to be friendly for kids too. So don't think this is out of your league. This is the same obstacles you see in a hare scramble, the transition sections are just smaller. This is a good way to warm back up to race season. If anyone has questions that can't be answered on the website, feel free to contact me and I'll try to help.

See ya'll at the races.
Jim Wright
(Retired)

Speedysdad

#3 Post by Speedysdad » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:38 am

It is race season boys and girls. Its going to be too muddy to ride anywhere else this weekend, might as well come down and give it a try. Can't wait to get this party started. See everyone in Springfield.
Jim Wright
(Retired)

Hoska

#4 Post by Hoska » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:01 am

Springfield EX update! MUST READ!!! We would like to thank this years title sponsor Scott Johns with Fortner Insurance and presented by sponsors: OTC, Lucas Oil, Springfield Powersports, Cowans Ace Hardware and Bobcat of Springfield.
Friday schedule: Sign In: 2-6pm Practice: 4pm Pro practice: 6pm Clean bike practice: 6:15 7:30 Heats, LCQ's and Mains and Mini Team race.

Sat Schedule: Swap Meet and Vintage bike show: 10am-4pm
Racer sign in: 2-4pm
Practice : 4pm
Pro Practice : 6pm
Track Party : 6:15pm
Tire changing Challenge: 6:45pm
Intro Ceremonies: 7:30pm
Heats, LCQ's, Mains, Team Race: 7:35pm

Notes:
*Friday will be the Mini team race and Saturday will be the big bike team race.
*Team races will be after the Pro race and before the ATV race at the end of the night. Friday Mini Team race will consist of 3 racers with at least one being a 65cc racer. Saturday Team race will consist of 3 racers: one C class or Mini Class, One B class or vet class, one A or Pro class.
6 laps total with each racer completing two laps in succession a piece.
*Amateur Money race: will be after the last amateur race but before the Pro main event. It will be one moto only.
* We left off the plus 40 class. It will be on the entry form.
* Saturday Morn trade show: $40 to sell "whatever" includes your pit pass for the day and night.
*New EX t-shirts are in, make sure to get yours to "represent".
*How about a dealer class: If we can goad: Steve Underwood, Dwight Maggard, Dirt Bike Bob, Cycle Broker Steve and Performance Cycle Kevin into it I would make time for it.
*Sunday is load out day: It takes a ton of work to make this thing happen and if anyone wants to help clean up the floor we would have a small job for anyone that wants to help, we sure would appreciate it.
*Fumes....They have improved the ventilation system about 50% since last year. New fan motors and louvers. The last AX was ton's better. That being said here is how you can help out the situation even better. No running bikes in the building or pits. Jet your bike correctly....there are no mosquitoes in feb. and most of you will not even get close to your main jet in this race. No running bikes in tunnel or in front of the tunnel. Start and clean out your bikes outside.
*Tire rule....there is no tire rule this year.
*Quads....you need numbers and teather kill switches.
*LaQuinta Inn is our host hotel. Nice place and close: Mention Motorhead Events to get the room discount.
* Watch the news at 10 pm on Springfield, MO KSPR as we will have a story on there about the EX with Kole Hensley.
*advanced discount tickets are available at: Cowan's Ace hardware, Ron's Racing Collectibles, Springfield Powersports and www.motorheadevents.com
*An advanced apology and thank you to all the girlfriends and wife's out there that let there significant other come and play this weekend.
*We will have 30 roses for the first racers that claim them for there significant other that is in attendance with them on Fri night.
* this show is the most labor intinsive shwo of all but I believe it is the best Spectator show of the year!!!!! Invite your friends to come watch and then maybe we can get more people to come out to the outdoor races too.
* please share this with all your friends and we will see you Friday and Saturday!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_XpJjbMsMY

PK

#5 Post by PK » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:18 pm

I will be there supporting the LETKO RACE TEAM!!!!
Perry Keegan

2008 Race of the Year Drexel MO
2010 Race of the Year Big Springs KS
2011 Race of the Year Big Springs KS
2014 Race of the Year Big Springs KS
2017 Race of the Year Heartland Motorsports Park

PK

#6 Post by PK » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:22 am

For all of those who couldn't make it to the show.....it was a good one!

A good showing for FMHSC riders and riders from Illinois, Missouri, Iowa, Kansas, Arkansas, Iowa, and some top riders from the National EX series....

(.................any interest in having one in the Lawrence KS area next year?)
Perry Keegan

2008 Race of the Year Drexel MO
2010 Race of the Year Big Springs KS
2011 Race of the Year Big Springs KS
2014 Race of the Year Big Springs KS
2017 Race of the Year Heartland Motorsports Park

swedishfishmx

#7 Post by swedishfishmx » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:18 pm

I'd be interested in a race like that in Lawrence. All in all I thought it was very well run, the course looked like it held up well and they fixed the holes that developed in the matrix section.

As a spectator looking on, I thought the course was bitchin!

http://vimeo.com/inthedirttv/jadanjohnsonendurocross
Brad Stretz | 243
Husqvarna TC250
Donnell's Motorcycles
DeCal Works
Liechti Racing

jstr244

#8 Post by jstr244 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:54 pm

If you build it, they will come, Perry. 8)

Nice video B-rad! Some good riding from Jadan "RD5" Johnson.
Jeremy Stretz #244
'13 KTM 300 XC
Thanks to:
PumpkinPatchRacing
Malcolm Smith Racing (MSR), Dunlop Tires, EVS, 100%, Maxima Racing Oils, Letko, Donnell's Motorcycles, Cycra Racing, & Decal Works

Speedysdad

#9 Post by Speedysdad » Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:22 pm

I am not as optimistic Jeremy. This isn't something everyone is willing to do. I assume FM represents most of the cross country type riders that are within convenient driving distance.

Jay is successful because his location draws riders from MO, Hillbilly and FM series. He has established a significant following in the Springfield area which provides the necessary spectator base that pays the bills. Jay has learned from his failures that not all locations can provide the numbers of riders and spectators to be profitable. You need the obstacles and the equipment to move them. Its not quite as easy as moving dirt for arena cross.

I can only judge from the interest I have seen from the FM family and I don't think there is enough interest. I base that on the amount of participation at Springfield and the lack of responses here on the forum. If I were Perry I think I would like to see many more people posting on the forum about this topic. Maybe we should start a new post titled appropriately to see who is interested.
Jim Wright
(Retired)

E.A.

#10 Post by E.A. » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:23 am

I went to this event, literally moments after leaving the Letko shop.... (the flyer on their counter reminded me to go)

And can say for the second time I have gone, it was AWESOME. What an event, and what a bunch of awesome riders. I don't know how you all do it, seriously... I would just hurt myself, someway, somehow......

My hats off to everyone involved, and can't wait for the next one. (as a spectator)

Erik
2015: #tbd
2014: #609 C (1st)
2013: #801 Sportsman (1st)
2012: #913 Trailrider (10th)

2001 Honda CR250r
2012 KTM 300XC

2014 KTM 250SX-F (Sold)
1999 Kawi KDX200 (Sold)
1982 Honda CR125r (Sold)