Rider's meeting list

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Rider's meeting list

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:50 am

Lets make a list of things I need to cover in the rider's meeting. I will keep the list and also post it at scoring so the information is more available.

Here are some things I usually try to have in there and in no order necessarily: Some of this I have typed more than I will actually say at the meeting to add clarification here on the message board.

Thank the land owner

Rider's meeting prayer

Start location

Start board

Start order

Slow in scoring

Round clock is near scoring and will have the actual time showing. Race end on the round clock will always be on the full hour. If we start late for some reason, the clock will still be set so that you are looking for full hour to be the race end. Same deal for the shorter 6-12 race. It will always end on the full hour. Note: I used to always just set the clock to noon no matter what time we raced. This was sometimes confusing on split race days. The race clock will be tweaked to be the right time frame but not necessarily on the minute of real time. First racers look for 1:00 end time and 2nd racers look for 4:00 end time.

Look for your number on the screen to make sure you read.

Race time is 2 hours on the 1 to 5 race
Race time is 1:55 on the 6 - 12 race (one hour for JR and FUN.)

Second practice is 1:00 to 2nd race start. If you ride second practice, do NOT get into the previous racers still on the course.

You cant check your transponder for the first half of second practice as the computer is still in race mode from the first race.

No rider should be on the course during the opposite race unless you are working.

Every bike must have the correct numbers on it when you arrive at the line. No number or incorrect numbers are unfair to everyone including that rider.

Results cannot even start until the last rider is off the course so usually 30 minutes after the hour then 15 for the actual work so dont even ask about results. When they are done they will be posted. If we are running later than that then we likely are not too happy or having a good day! That will usually be 45 minutes after the hour then there is a 15 minute protest period (this is usually just a scoring error time period). Then trophies will be handed out about 15 minutes after the second race gets underway. This is not a trophy presentation as much as just handing them out to people who want to get going. A rider can just wait for the second trophy time which is about one hour after the final race of the day.

Move over for riders, not in your class, who are catching you. They started one minute or more behind you so when they are touching your wheel, they are one minute ahead of you on time so just move. You dont have to move much. If you cant move right away, give an indication you know they are behind you and they will likely be more patient. This also applies to being lapped by the leaders but I recommend moving faster! (Editorital comment: If someone in YOUR class is all over you, maybe think about letting them go and following them. You can go much faster following. You will know when this applies and when it doesnt.)

Dont cheat! If you have to cheat to win, just come see me and I will give you a trophy and send you home so the rest of us can race!
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

quik406

Re: Rider's meeting list

#2 Post by quik406 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:00 am

Dan, I have a question...On a split race should the 600s back only race 1:54 not 1:55. In a non split race: If the 1st group leaves at 12:00 that would put the 500 class @ 12:05 and the 600s @ 12:06 giving them 1:54 race time. Does that makes cents?? Maybe it doesn't matter and I don't really care, just something I thought about reading your above post.

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Re: Rider's meeting list

#3 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:48 pm

I seem to be answering these same things lately so I thought I would get this to the top and perhaps actually start saying all of this at the rider's meetings once again.

And here is what those end times look like when we run all classes based on a two hour AA checkered flag. Running each class exactly two hours is quite difficult and makes it a much longer day waiting for people to finish up their race so we can get to scoring.

1’s 2:00
2’s 1:59
3’s 1:58
4’s 1:57
5’s 1:56
6’s 1:55
7’s 1:54
8’s 1:53
10’s 1:52
9”s 1:51

NOTE: I got off track and started doing 1:54 for the other race because it seemed to add up. That is not correct and from now on it will be 1:55. If more people know this, more people can correct me.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!