Chanute All set. Workers check your emails

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Chanute All set. Workers check your emails

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:53 pm

I wont likely need any set up help but if you are available Friday let me know. I prefer someone working both races that day and earning your race day 22 points average. However, I can work in some workers who will race their race and help with other jobs before and after. This will earn you your work average that is your best of five races average points.
If you contacted me way back when about working, better send me a reminder.

I need to fill several postions for that day:

Sweep riders (at least six)
David Martley
Jeff Buckingham
Mike Gulley
Tyler Burd
Matt Lacey
Reece Williams (race 1)

Peewee help
Erik Radzins
Mike Gulley
Matt Lacey

Back up sheets for one or both races (this one is ideal for JR class and injured riders)
Erik Radzins

Scoring lane person to slow riders and make sure we get the numbers
Ed Morris

Ed Morris

I will edit this post and keep it current right up until the Friday before the race.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

Doughunz56

Re: Chanute workers needed

#2 Post by Doughunz56 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:24 pm

Dan I was shooting for sweeping the Merwin race, I see you have me on Chanute. Can you put me on Merwin?
Thanks Doug

shredder

#3 Post by shredder » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:07 pm

WARNING! VERY FUNNY READ, PLEASE BE CAREFUL THAT YOU DON'T HURT YOURSELF LAUGHING AT THIS POST!!!
hey...it could happen...

First of all Dan I want to know what ya did with the etiquette classes money your folks gave you? Shame on you! I bet you spent it on knobby tires and suspension work. HHHMMMM

1st
Peewee help
Erik Radzins
Mike Gulley

Ok Dan, it's NOT polite to point out that Erik and Mike may be a little shorter or not quite as smart as the other guys but please don't label them "pee wees" - at least not on the web site you fool! That's just downright insensitive.

2nd
Sweep riders (at least six)
David Martley
Doug Hunziker
Jeff Buckingham

We have all riders with different capabilities, some riders can rock n roll and some - well not so much.... but it's not nice to put Doug, David and Jeff all together on a list labeled "sweep riders" and then post it up on the web site asking for more riders at least six years old - another oversight on your part. Man that's just embarrassing. (whadda ya thinkin?)

3rd
Back up sheets for one or both races (this one is ideal for JR class and injured riders)
Erik Radzins

It's fine to keep track of anyone who happens to "back up" at the start or at scoring and write them all down but to date this year not one racer has backed up...EVER... Everyone has had forward motion. I'm guessing Erik has an easy job there.

4th
Scoring lane person to slow riders and make sure we get the numbers.

Ok well another fopa, simple as that. It's just like the "SLOW - CHILDREN" sign in our neighborhood at the cross walk. Why point out that we have slow children? I'm under the contention that maybe the slow children were happy not realizing that they are slow until one day the city comes and puts a sign up...? We shouldn't give a special scoring lane person for each slow person. It just brings out even more attention to us slow dudes and I'm pretty certain that after 6 years of racing FMHSC, you got my number by now...OK? Moving on...

5th
Erik Radzins

As far as the greeters, well that's a good thing - heck I've even been a greeter several times and enjoyed it very much, but why do you always want us to point out what class a rider should be in? Some people HATE to be judged...yup... I always go to sign up and ask the greeters opinion and always get put down in the lower class no matter what kind of shoes or shirt I wear and what kind of bike I'm riding. I also found out the new riders NEVER want us greeters to tell them what class we think their wives should be in either. Shoot even if you say the dudes wife should be in a way higher class than he is you still got a pretty good chance of getting the guy all hot under the collar! I just don't get it...... One time I had to take off running full tilt one morning while wearing my racing boots to get away from this wise guy who didn't like me putting his wife about six classes higher that the one he ought to be in....almost got my lights put out, he was hotter than chocolate chip cookie tray just outta th oven for sure! Spilled my coffee on my pants and shirt when I dove under your RV ducking for cover...By the way you got your moneys worth out of your rear shocks, when I banged my head on the frame rail during my dirt dive I looked up and saw those horrific, ugly, worn out shocks...get off your wallet and go get some new rear shocks for crying out loud!
When the large angry man was pulling me out from under your rig by my boots (I was fine till his wife says "thats the sweetest thing I ever heard!"), I was desperately flailing my hands around (in the manliest - toughest way possible) - trying to locate a handhold quickly I also noticed feather edging on the front left tire - probably caster or camber out of specs or maybe an alignment issue, could even be worn out ball joints - get that checked out too....

I just don't get it.......oh well......guess I'm just getting bored throwing darts at ol joray's picture in the garage.....need to get out and burn some gas... :mrgreen:
Last edited by shredder on Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

jstr244

#4 Post by jstr244 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:23 pm

shredder wrote: :?:
In short, I think we can conclude that the amount of crazy written into Shredders posts directly relates to the amount of time between races. I haven't fully evaluated all of the data on this though, so I guess it's only a theory at this time. Either way, I think we are all ready to get back to the track and release some energy (or in Shredders case, release some crazy)! :wink: :D
Jeremy Stretz #244
'13 KTM 300 XC
Thanks to:
PumpkinPatchRacing
Malcolm Smith Racing (MSR), Dunlop Tires, EVS, 100%, Maxima Racing Oils, Letko, Donnell's Motorcycles, Cycra Racing, & Decal Works

shredder

#5 Post by shredder » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:21 pm

As far as crazy goes I am sure I don't need any, as we are all stocked up!!!

It's been building up to an almost unbearable level. :shock: I've been just itching to do a write up about something...ANYTHING! :roll: So I was thinking to myself that the next new topic someone posts that I'm just going to jump in feet first and have a go at it. Of course wouldn't you just know it's gotta be Dan doing the usual blah, blah, blah. :shock: Well I did consider it a real challenge making something from nothing, heck I even made up a little just to spice it up a bit. OK...I'll come clean, tell the truth and set the record straight...

The fact is I didn't really see any feather edging on Dan's front tire. The truth is the front tires are wearing just fine. :wink:

PS - You guys do have to admit it though...Your just like me. I keep coming back to the site to see whats going on and TAA DAA! nothing...I seriously did find it amusing that this thread got over one hundred hits since last night after I wove a new yarn about nothing at all really... Its like a NASCAR car crash...Dan posts a new thread and a couple of guys lay something down and WE GOT NEWS!!!!!! Now THAT'S cheap entertainment!

I've just been surfing the net looking to buy used power tools. I found a great deal on a power saw that cuts through just about anything but does need a little work done to it before I put it back in service. Washed my bike a million times, cleaned my helmet, checked my gear 1,000 times and updated my I-pod..............dooo dee doooo dooooo doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

I write just like my racing - I guess I'm just in it for a quick cheap thrill. After the epic nail bitter year I had battling ol Slomojo and the adrenaline rush of pounding it with a guy I know and respect, I think it raised my expectations about racing to a new level and going this long without racing I think I'm going thru withdraw....help.......
Last edited by shredder on Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

Ed M

#6 Post by Ed M » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:27 pm

Dan - I've got some injured ribs that probably won't be healed until late September, I'll work the scoring lane or whatever.

Ed Morris
Ed M

DETERMINATION: The feeling you get right before you try do something incredibly stupid

2013 KTM 350XCFW
#1086 for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015......
#786 for 2011
#786 for 2010
#906 for 2009
#1006 for 2008

shredder

#7 Post by shredder » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:54 pm

Ed M wrote:Dan - I've got some injured ribs that probably won't be healed until late September, I'll work the scoring lane or whatever.

Ed Morris
I warned ya Ed! Probably shouldn't have read my post in a sitting position. I'll be sure to add that warning before my next post. (I honestly really didn't think it was THAT funny. Hmm...)

Sorry bout the ribs Ed. Been there done that. Try to find a comfortable way to rest and then DON'T MOVE! :wink:

Take care,
Dennis

Ed M

#8 Post by Ed M » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:05 pm

Shredder I've got no one to blame but myself. Lost the front end on one of those pesky rock infested downhills at Walters Ranch two Saturdays ago. ER doc said #6 rib was definitely fractured, but since he wasn't a radiologist he wasn't sure if the lines he saw on other ribs were fractures or not. I'm hoping to race Melvern but won't know until that race gets closer.
Ed M

DETERMINATION: The feeling you get right before you try do something incredibly stupid

2013 KTM 350XCFW
#1086 for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015......
#786 for 2011
#786 for 2010
#906 for 2009
#1006 for 2008

shredder

#9 Post by shredder » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:49 pm

You got game Ed.
I would like to hook up and ride with you, especially during the off season, or anytime really. It's so sad I only rode this year at the races. The races are cool but a free ride has a different taste altogether and I miss it. Heal up and give it time, be patient. Holding your arms out at work and torquing those bolts must make you grit your teeth. I know your hurtin Mr tough guy.

I guess it's your turn to yell like hell at me as I try to pull out a win at Chamute. Bring a cattle prod and zap the hell out of me as I go through scoring and maybe I'll get mad enough to twist the throttle a little longer before the turns this time. :wink:

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

#10 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:50 am

I hate to clutter up your conversations but I need more workers still.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!