Chadwick cycles only

General Bike Talk
allkidd

Chadwick cycles only

#1 Post by allkidd » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:57 am

As some of you know, Chadwick from Camp Ridge North is now closed to ATV's and is cycles only. The forest service has installed a fence all the way down fire road 110 to prevent 4-wheelers from getting into the area.

For those of us who like single track, this is a great opportunity. The forest service desires our input and help. Typically, they are not riders so they don't know what we want unless we provide them with our input. And, my impression is that they not only are willing to listen, but are desperately seeking our input.

It seems to me this is our one time opportunity to develop this part of Chadwick however we desire. The forest service is requesting help regarding input on what this area is going to look like and help in development and maintenance of the trails.

My vision is to see this area modeled after Brock Creek where there is legal single track co-existing with ATV trails. The only way this is going to happen is with our input and help.

Please let me know what you think either by replying to this posting or sending me a PM. If you would like to contact the forest ranger directly, her contact information is listed below:

drein@fs.fed.us

Thanks!

swedishfishmx

Re: Chadwick cycles only

#2 Post by swedishfishmx » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:46 am

I'm confused, they closed the North area for good or just temporarily while the trails get cleaned up?

What input are they looking for?
Brad Stretz | 243
Husqvarna TC250
Donnell's Motorcycles
DeCal Works
Liechti Racing

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

#3 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:48 pm

"now closed to ATV's"
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

jstr244

#4 Post by jstr244 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:54 pm

swedishfishmx wrote:I'm confused, they closed the North area for good or just temporarily while the trails get cleaned up?
allkidd wrote:As some of you know, Chadwick from Camp Ridge North is now closed to ATV's and is cycles only. The forest service has installed a fence all the way down fire road 110 to prevent 4-wheelers from getting into the area.
swedishfishmx wrote: What input are they looking for?
allkidd wrote:For those of us who like single track, this is a great opportunity. The forest service desires our input and help. Typically, they are not riders so they don't know what we want unless we provide them with our input. And, my impression is that they not only are willing to listen, but are desperately seeking our input.

It seems to me this is our one time opportunity to develop this part of Chadwick however we desire. The forest service is requesting help regarding input on what this area is going to look like and help in development and maintenance of the trails.

My vision is to see this area modeled after Brock Creek where there is legal single track co-existing with ATV trails. The only way this is going to happen is with our input and help.
I cleaned it up for you a little bit, Brad! :lol:

This sounds like a great opportunity for us in the motorcycling community to have an area within Chadwick for singletrack trail. I'm guessing that they want some input on how many trails their should be/how these trails should be designated?

It's difficult to really provide input on that sort of thing though, so in all seriousness I do understand Brads confusion.

If it were up to me I would say that the north area should be closed to ATVs and open to motorcycles only. If that were the case then there would need to be signs at trailheads designating that it is for "Motorcycles only"/"No ATV" and have some sort of physical barrier limiting the width of vehicles that attempt to access the trail (i.e. rocks, wood posts, other?).

I don't know about everyone else, but it's been a long time since I've been up there. The attached image may help out. From what Allkidd says the fence was installed along the north side of 110, correct? To me, this is a small portion of the trails available in Chadwick and it seems fair to have a spot for motorcycles only.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeremy Stretz #244
'13 KTM 300 XC
Thanks to:
PumpkinPatchRacing
Malcolm Smith Racing (MSR), Dunlop Tires, EVS, 100%, Maxima Racing Oils, Letko, Donnell's Motorcycles, Cycra Racing, & Decal Works

swedishfishmx

#5 Post by swedishfishmx » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:13 pm

GOTCHA, I just assumed he left off the part about bikes :lol:
Brad Stretz | 243
Husqvarna TC250
Donnell's Motorcycles
DeCal Works
Liechti Racing