Merry Christmas

General Bike Talk
yz250bill

Merry Christmas

#1 Post by yz250bill » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:35 pm

Hello is anybody out there? Anyway Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the FMHSC family! :D

KTM SLIM KARL

Re: Merry Christmas

#2 Post by KTM SLIM KARL » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:29 pm

:D
IT IS THE LOVE OF OFF ROAD RACING THAT DRIVES ME AND MY INTENTIONS ARE CLEAR
IS THAT I LIVE FOR THE MOMENT I AM NOT AFRAID TO FAIL
I WOULD RATHER FAIL MAGNIFICENTLY THEN FAIL TO TRY
Mo, MX #750
FMHSC#1050
2011 KTM 350 sxf
1980 KTM 250 mx

shredder

#3 Post by shredder » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:06 pm

:wink: :wink:
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

yz250bill

#4 Post by yz250bill » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:13 am

joy to the world the lord has come! Giving blessings and talents to every one.to the ones he gave the blessing and talent to ride dirt bike a new riding season this way comes! and me and the men in the 1000 class are going to have some fun :!: :D :lol: to all of FMHSC family God bless :!:

yellow jacket

#5 Post by yellow jacket » Wed Dec 24, 2014 6:24 pm

Shredder,
We had posted a week or two ago, inquiring about your healing process. I went over the bars a week before Thanksgiving and did something to my elbow. We will be ready for Milford.
Tom

shredder

#6 Post by shredder » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:01 pm

Merry Christmas to ALL!!!
Thanks for the interest on my injuries Tom. I'm still hobbling on the left foot, the doctor says the swelling and scar tissue are there so my body can rebuild new blood vessels in my foot. My broken wrist is fine but I'm still working on strengthening there too. I'll be right as rain just not as soon as I'd like.

Even though it has been a very tough decision for me and trust me I've been going back and forth many times on this but as of this minute I'm planning on retiring from points chasing. I still love this sport, shoot even more than ever, especially with the motley crew I get to hang out with on and off the track. Shoot I'm even warming up to Dan just a wee bit too. I'm so glad that Grayson and Jadan bring him along - ya know?

With the broken right thumb in the spring and then the broken wrist and foot at Carbondale my medical bills piled up and I've been struggling at work which means it's cutting into my bottom line. (I am a remodel contractor.) I'm making less profit right when I need more! I do still at the very least plan to help cut in new trails, help out and try to get some awesome money shots of our Forward Motion family in action.

It is interesting and I would like to point out that after all the blood, seat and tears (from the dust - of course) and all the years of learning after starting as a green horn newbie and learning almost everything the hard way - usually from Joe Leaderhouse - Slomojo - and picking up my sorry butt out of the weeds or a creek bed with gasoline raining down on my head that I'm retiring with the # 1003 - which is the exact same number the ol Slomojo retired with too. Go figure. Man I miss him.

I do feel that when I do walk away that I'm probably not coming this way again. I will see everyone at the banquet and it's going to be a killer time as it always is. You only get out of something what you put into it folks and it's been an awesome ride.

I'll be around....Hell who knows? All the guys I've raced with have seen me do diggers, yard sales, broken plastic and busted up my body more than once but after half a lap and I'm railing and tailing them again and pushing harder than ever. My best and worst attribute is that I just don't know when to quit.

If I do line up at any races this year you better bet your camelback that I'm racing to win ...so watch your butt!
:wink:

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

yellow jacket

#7 Post by yellow jacket » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:51 pm

Shredder,
What would you say if I told you that we could set your bike up so that you would never crash again. I noticed that Donnel's did not set your bike up for racing. Like most Husky's, the manufacture does not like them modified to suit the rider. They expect the rider to adjust to the bike. Just ask Kent Howerton. We will offer our services to you if you want to race safe. I finally got my bike tuned in at Chanute and my times improved 2% for the year and had no crashes.
Tom

shredder

#8 Post by shredder » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:55 pm

yellow jacket wrote:Shredder,
What would you say if I told you that we could set your bike up so that you would never crash again. I noticed that Donnel's did not set your bike up for racing. Like most Husky's, the manufacture does not like them modified to suit the rider. They expect the rider to adjust to the bike. Just ask Kent Howerton. We will offer our services to you if you want to race safe. I finally got my bike tuned in at Chanute and my times improved 2% for the year and had no crashes.
Tom
Sure you bet Tom! It's a great excuse to hook up and get back on the bike. I'll see ya at the banquet for sure! It's always a great time.