Epic Milford!... Race Reports!

General Bike Talk
shredder

Epic Milford!... Race Reports!

#1 Post by shredder » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:14 pm

Wow! Milford was quite a build up and I can honestly say it did live up to all the hype and more. I can't remember a bigger turnout than today. So many folks were just loving the track layout. I would have loved to take the credit for setting up the track but...but...well Dan was sitting right there next to me! Dang it! Great temps, great folks, new bikes and bling, excitement everywhere.

Ok so the soil moisture wasn't exactly what I prefer but think about it...When some one asks "How was your day?" Did you ever once reply "Well it's an EPIC day except the soil moisture content wasn't exactly right....but...." Heck NO! Today simply ROCKED!!! (get it?)

I was working the gate to stay involved in our Forward Motion series to start my racing retirement but man I gotta tell ya now...I got the bug again! It started talking and BSin with ya all at the gate and enjoyed all the excitement and enthusiasm, watching Gibber take command and burn out off the line, like a just lit - solid rocket fuel, thru the rocks after that awesome hole shot, watching Wirefryer not complain (I think he actually smiled) when we said 1 more lap and I'm thinkin he was running 5th! WOW! It's good to see his newly re-built arm holding up to a race like Milford, and watching Tom Brunholtz wisely hold his line and thread his way through the rocks at the turn really got me buzzing again. Taking money and signing clipboards with Mark, Tim Loren and (crap...I can't remember her name - DANG IT!) was really fun but away from the action... sorta being just outside of Arrowhead during a Chiefs game... I sorta felt like I was way out in a pumpkin patch somewhere - kinda, sorta - if you know what I mean...

Anyway I'm rambling and we can't have THAT, so here it is...I have just retired from my retirement. YEP. Believe it. I'm back and I'm bringing it! Let the points race begin!
It's ON brah! :wink:

BTW - Mr Gibber I had to get a new phone and your number got knocked out of my cell. It just so happened that I only got 3 friggin seconds of the Milford race and when I got home out of the sun I looked at it. I was really surprised that I got anything at all, and of course it's just got to be a perfect shot of Gibber - centered and sharp as can be (the picture is very sharp - not the Gibber) is a 3 second clip of Gibber clearly 3 bike lengths ahead , clears the rocks and blasting his way onto the track....Jeeze Louise....it's just gotta be THAT! Anyway Steve send me a text and I'll send it to ya for bragging rights at the water cooler this week. I just hope this don't give him TOO big of a head.....

And Tank I know you like legs and ribs but NOT like what you got this weekend - heal up friend. :wink:

Well sorry - didn't have much to say!
Dennis
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

Jason g

Re: Epic Milford!... Race Reports!

#2 Post by Jason g » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:55 pm

Props to the course design, I felt like I wasn't even at the same property. A lot of new sections and added twists to the some of the old trail. The set up was well worth it, thanks to everyone who was involved. See ya all on the 12th.
I prayed for an old, wise angel who fly's faster than I ride. 2005 yz 250// 2000 cr 500// 2007 rmz 450// 2008 ktm 300// 2013 ktm 300 xcw.

swedishfishmx

#3 Post by swedishfishmx » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:45 pm

Gosh these new Husqvarna's are sweet.
Brad Stretz | 243
Husqvarna TC250
Donnell's Motorcycles
DeCal Works
Liechti Racing

blister

#4 Post by blister » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:05 am

Great day. Beautiful weather. Awesome course set-up. Vet40s all looking good, of course. Day started with Shredder "meet and greet" at the gate. Lined up with Gibber on my left. We tried to pull off some kind of high-five/fist-bump thing. Hope nobody was watching that. Oh, it's on the video. Sexton came right over to demonstrate a proper fist-bump. I'm pumped now. Slow start and then I took out Bill Thomas, 1010. My bad and I do apologize. Video shows it to be my fault for sure. I was, however, just going throttle-crazy-mad after Gibber just left me sitting on the line like that. Holy cow that was a fast start. Good job dude. New record for me though, I wrecked in less than five seconds and I'm sure rider 1010 is as pleased with this as I am. B. Thomas, you were very gracious when we chatted after the race. I made and attached link below to my YouTube video. Had a good battle and swapped places with our School Creek 2015 vet40 Champ, Kip Niswanger. Manhattan blood and friend of mine. Congratulations, awesome race man! My gopro ran out of memory space so you don't get to see my chasing Sexton around for 1/2 a lap. I made a goof with you, bud. I felt some kind of superior riding presence on my tail and yielded thinking I was getting lapped or something and there goes the number 1063. Just as well cause you lost me. I won't make it so easy to pass next time, though. Good job to you, Todd. I had fun chasing you for a while. I was totally gassed by the end of this day. Swept the second race. Mostly just tried to stay out of the way. You guys are super fast. It was impressive watching the speed and skill you carried through some of those technical elements.

Racing these Hare Scrambles is funny. By the end the race I am so worn I feel like I may be content to call this my last one. 24 hours later still sore but starting to think "ah, that wasn't so bad". 48 hours later, "bring on that 9 hour Off-Road Cup". Loco dudes, loco!

http://youtu.be/s_QUE6lPxMY
J. Chad Joyce...#1040
05 KTM 450exc
Thanks to my sponsor: ONEAL

shredder

#5 Post by shredder » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:21 pm

Thanks Chad! Nice Post. I talked to Bill after the race and he said you took him out but that you came over and apologized and he thought your a stand up dude fer sure! (yeah, let's go with that) After reading your post I am now 100 percent positive your one of us. No doubt. Thanks for the race report man. :wink:
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

Gibber

#6 Post by Gibber » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:39 pm

Great video Chad. Love the tangle up on the start! :lol:

I did have a great start. My bike fired perfectly and my 300 took off like a rocket. I had Todd on my tail pipe until we got to the first split it the trail and Todd took the better line and got around me. But then we caught the 800's.

It was the first pretty tricky downhill and hill climb. Must have been 15 or more bikes backed up. Someone was stuck at the top. Todd took off thru the bushes and I followed him. When we worked our way back on to the trail Todd dropped his bike and I got around him and that was the last I saw of Todd.

Passing the 800's was a little tricky. Seemed like once they figured out I was in a different class they would let me go but until then they wanted to try to race. Go figure. You would have thought it was a race or something!!! :shock:

Really loved the course. Worked great for me and seemed like my bike was set up perfect for it. I held on to 1st for 3 laps but coming thru scoring at the end of the 3rd lap I had a Thumper on my tail that had been there for a while and sure enough it was 1019. Damn! In the deep sand at the end of the first beach he took 1st place away from me. But we hit a bit of a technical down hill and Kip dumped his bike and I was able to get around him. I kept 1st until we hit the last long straightaway before hanging a left and jumping back out on the beach. He pulled up beside me on his dual sport and the truth is I had plenty of bike left but Kip had bigger balls. I got out the gas and he stayed in it. From there on all I could do is follow him. Later we talked after the race and he said he glanced at his spedo when he came up on me and we were pushing 70 mph! What in the hell am I thinking??? Guess I should have been thinking "pin it to win it".

Oh well, my best start and my best finish. I originally wasn't even going to race Milford but I'm gald I did. It was great. I think the best one yet for me. Although I am pretty sure if Shredder had been racing I would have been third. I will most definitely take 2nd.

Like Chad said, it was good to see Mark Shaffer and Shredder at the gate as well as all our other race buddies. I sure hope this one is an indication to how the season will go because if it is it will be awesome. I am so hooked on this stuff I'm already thinking about what I need to do to prepare for the next one on the drive home. I'm really looking forward to the 9 hour. Gonna be a bunch of FMHSC guys and gals there this year.

Well, that should do it. Good job on the course Dan. It was just what you described on your post and it was a blast. Did get pretty dusty at times but what the heck.

Thanks to Letko for bailing me out Saturday when I found my throttle housing was busted. Must have been my new throttle mechanism that made my bike soooooo fast!!!! 8)

Go Team Letko!
GO TEAM LETKO!
Steve "Gibber" Gibbs
#736 C-Vet 2017
#1001 Vet-40 2016
#1036 Vet-40 2015
#1036 Vet-40 2014
#836 Sportsman 2013
#936 Trailerider 2012
2009 KTM 300 XC-W
Advantage Ford Commercial Sales
www.advantagefordcommercial.com
steve@gibbscommercialtrucks.com
785-760-3479 Cell

DrakeW22

#7 Post by DrakeW22 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:39 am

For not being one of my favorite races and actually never finishing a race at Milford in the last two years I did surprisingly good. Besides getting a horrible start and crashing about 2 minutes into the race I fought my way back from getting passed by multiple 400 riders and taking the win in B class. Thanks to everyone that's behind me this year! Mom and dad, letko cycles, Dunlop, novik gloves,overkill customs and more.

swedishfishmx

#8 Post by swedishfishmx » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:01 pm

Brad Stretz | 243
Husqvarna TC250
Donnell's Motorcycles
DeCal Works
Liechti Racing