liquid image goggles

General Bike Talk
Hernandez_KTM

liquid image goggles

#1 Post by Hernandez_KTM » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:41 am

I've been thinking about buying a new gopro lately but I'm always worried about hitting it on a tree and losing it. I've heard about the liquid image goggles a few years ago and they've got some more affordable models now.

Has anyone ever tried them? Or should I just get a pair and let you guys know what I think? Any info would be appreciated.

luke_liechti

Re: liquid image goggles

#2 Post by luke_liechti » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:43 am

If your worried about knocking the go pro with the mount on the front of the helmet. It has a great view and a you don't have to worry about knocking it off on a tree
Luke Liechti
2010 yz250f #477

swedishfishmx

#3 Post by swedishfishmx » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:02 am

Agreed. The liquid image goggles are heavy and awkward. Some don't notice it, but having the extra weight on your face is not something that I want to deal with while riding.
Brad Stretz | 243
Husqvarna TC250
Donnell's Motorcycles
DeCal Works
Liechti Racing

shredder

#4 Post by shredder » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:48 pm

I agree - I will give you mine. They don't fit my helmet right and my glasses don't fit under neath. The lense is in great shape. If you like them, you keep them. If you don't like them, you can keep them. I think I paid about four hundred bucks and the picture quality is fine but I just cant use them for my situation and you can try them out for free.
How do you like them apples?
PM me and I'll hook up with you at a race - I also have additional battery too.
:wink:
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

KTMWade

#5 Post by KTMWade » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:12 pm

These look kind of cool to me. The spec'd weight on the website shows they weigh 8oz, which is as light as most normal MX goggles and lighter than a roll off system. I would be more concerned about the limited vision where the camera is, but maybe that isnt a big deal

Hernandez_KTM

#6 Post by Hernandez_KTM » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:09 pm

I've tried the side mint but I can't ever get the angle right. So I bought a chest mount and it's a really cool view but I want more video of the trail. I've got my hydration on the front of my helmet so can't do that.

Shredder I sent you a pm.

ike jones

#7 Post by ike jones » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:43 am

IF the goggles don't work, mount the gopro on the helmet mouth vent- best view IMO.

Hernandez_KTM

#8 Post by Hernandez_KTM » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:43 am

ike jones wrote:IF the goggles don't work, mount the gopro on the helmet mouth vent- best view IMO.
I can't I've got my hydration house running through the front vent