Chanute update Saturday night

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Chanute update Saturday night

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:14 pm

The track is done. Haven't ridden it yet but should be just about 6.5 miles. Lap times for AA should be about 20. Pits are mowed AND baled so it looks like a park! The landowner really puts a lot of effort into this. Weather is ideal for temperatures and it rained here last night and soaked the perfect amount. Perhaps the first ever non dusty race. Traction will be perfect.

Some new short sections and all the usual faster flowing stuff. No bottleneck areas as there is a second line where it's needed. Counter clockwise this year. Stay on the course as it is layer out as there are some hazards in the weeds off to the sides. Danger arrows are sparse so pay heed if you see one. One fast pasture to cross and I need you to stay along the edge as marked so we don't ruin the hay that hasn't been cut yet. I am biased but it could be the most fun course yet. All levels will enjoy riding here. Long fast start like last year.

Hoping to make the landowner a bit more by allowing riding after 2:00 or so tomorrow. ONLY on the course by the way. This all goes to him. Go to the trailer and pull your sign up card and sign the back before you ride. Feel free to camp. Should be great sleeping weather. Even better if generators go off at 10:00. What do you need them to power anyway?

Peewee course is all woods and slightly harder than some but safe and doable for sure.

Please come ride and or race. Bring some friends. I really want a good turnout for this landowner. He really enjoys this and it shows.

Oh, Way cool plaques with Silva Beach on them so be sure to get them autographed!

Don't forget, cash back to three random riders!

Last thing: I have been behind on checking percentiles, just move up if you need to!! You will do just fine. I will be moving you up soon anyway. This really shouldn't be something I should have to spend time on.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

Ed M

Re: Chanute update Friday night

#2 Post by Ed M » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:09 am

Anyone know if there is any road construction, bridges being replaced, etc causing long detours like last year. Nothing like doing 80 on the back roads of Kansas trying to get to a race on time due to a 40 mile detour
Ed M

DETERMINATION: The feeling you get right before you try do something incredibly stupid

2013 KTM 350XCFW
#1086 for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015......
#786 for 2011
#786 for 2010
#906 for 2009
#1006 for 2008

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Re: Chanute update Saturday night

#3 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:40 pm

Hero dirt!!!! Do not miss the chance to ride perfect dirt with perfect temps and no dust. Come early and ride an extra practice lap just to get some additional ride time. Likely won't wear out any tires.

Maybe someone who rode today can chime in here with some comments.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!