Christmas race?

General Bike Talk
motoracr199

Christmas race?

#1 Post by motoracr199 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:22 pm

Is the Dec 25th race happening? Just curious.
David Stewart
Thanks to Dunlop, AXO, Dragon, and Fly Racing

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Re: Christmas race?

#2 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:30 pm

When it was cancelled I didn't want to delete it off the site so I just picked a date nobody would consider valid. I planned to just change the dates once we got something figured out. Now that we did the double at Merwin we are no longer short a race so it just may not happen.

You can go ahead and make Christmas plans at this point.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

WireFryer

#3 Post by WireFryer » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:04 pm

Good Deal... you have NO idea how many divorces that would have caused :mrgreen:

Whoop!
Tim
The saddest sound in all MotorSports is the noise the drivetrain makes as you slowly coast to a complete stop.

shredder

#4 Post by shredder » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:54 pm

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH........uummmmm....yeahhhhhh..........oooookay....

Well once again it appears as though you've put me in one hell of a pickle this time Dan.

YUP. you really did it this time, and it kind of, well it's really embarrassing on my end. The Christmas race has been posted for quite a while now, its just these other idiots that just now noticed it.

The last time you and I were shoving bananas into the all the tail pipes of the moving cars in rush hour traffic in Lawrence on a Friday night I mentioned it to you. Your reply to me was "Don't sweat the Christmas race Dennis because it's going to be moved anyway".

Ok.....So I go home and mentioned to my wife that "as a matter of fact Dan is too going to have a race on Christmas day he says he just might move the location!" I kept arguing that what a better way to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ than to combine our immediate family together with our Forward Motion family and not only promote the hobby but celebrate at the same time! It was one of Dan's most brilliant ideas to date I think. (and Dan can come up with some bone head ideas sometimes...) Any way my wife Stacey says "You idiot! OK then Mr Smarty pants if Dan is having that race on Christmas Day then I'll race it topless in the trail rider class!!"

Ok.....Now do you see how embarrassing this whole situation could be for me now? I mean holy crap man! What am I going to say when that dirtbike shows up I bought for my wife to ride in the Christmas race?

(scroll down some more)

I haven't said a word to the wife since we first argued about this whole confarded thing. I mean she sures hell can't ride MY BIKE! I'm going to be out there on the track taking photos of this event so she needs her own bike....Right? Am I right or am I right?

I was explaining this awkward situation on the phone with a buddy of mine and He says "Well did ya learn that your wife may just be the smartest of the pair now?" I says "NO Dan, I learned that if it has tits or tires on it, your going to have trouble with it."

Sheesh.....that is all...........
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

wadedawg

#5 Post by wadedawg » Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:13 pm

NO CHRISTMAS RACE :cry: :cry: :cry: I was hoping to sneak in a race while home for the holiday....
2010 XC-W450 SD #959
2012 XC-F350 #1034
2015 XC-W 300 SD TBD

shredder

#6 Post by shredder » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:13 am

Wade we gotta ride man! Good to hear from ya. If you get to town let me know. :wink:
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!