Hank's Place Race Reports

General Bike Talk
Gibber

Re: Hank's Place Race Reports

#11 Post by Gibber » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:17 am

Yeah, I miss ole' Shredder. He used to be able to get folks posting and always had the best (and goofy) stories. I liked his last one about the Christmas race and Tits & Tires! :lol:

I'm telling you, we need to get the local news out to the next 2 races if you want drama. We may be slower than you fast guys & gals but the best racin' is gonna be the old guys! 8) We just gotta remember to take our Geritol! For you younger folks that's vitamins for us seniors!!! :P :mrgreen:

Stay tuned. There may be more video. Maybe I should mount the camera backwards so we can watch all the VET 40's behind me! :twisted: Oh boy! I'm gonna pay for that one! :shock:

Like Dan always says, "It's all good!" 8)

HAS ANYONE SEEN MY GLASSES? SHOOT, I CANT FIND MY HEMORRHOID MEDICINE! :shock: :lol:

GO TEAM LETKO
GO TEAM LETKO!
Steve "Gibber" Gibbs
#736 C-Vet 2017
#1001 Vet-40 2016
#1036 Vet-40 2015
#1036 Vet-40 2014
#836 Sportsman 2013
#936 Trailerider 2012
2009 KTM 300 XC-W
Advantage Ford Commercial Sales
www.advantagefordcommercial.com
steve@gibbscommercialtrucks.com
785-760-3479 Cell

orangecrush

#12 Post by orangecrush » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:49 am

Rear view cam that might be a good idea. I might not want to pass you. I get to be in the spot light the whole race. NOT!!!
Eric Schneider
01' KTM 400SX
#1046(2017) Vet 40
#746 (2016) C Vet
#1046 (2015) Vet 40
#616 (2006-2007) C
#416 (2003-2005) C Adv.
#x11 (2002) trailrider

shredder

#13 Post by shredder » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:18 pm

Ok, hold on! Nobody post anything for a minute. I gotta go get another beer!
:wink:
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

Gibber

#14 Post by Gibber » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:22 pm

Yay! Shredder's here. Now we're gonna read something really philosophical!? :shock:
GO TEAM LETKO!
Steve "Gibber" Gibbs
#736 C-Vet 2017
#1001 Vet-40 2016
#1036 Vet-40 2015
#1036 Vet-40 2014
#836 Sportsman 2013
#936 Trailerider 2012
2009 KTM 300 XC-W
785-760-3479 Cell

vetteracer77

#15 Post by vetteracer77 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:18 pm

Old guy talk.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Walline #762
2011 KTM 300 XC-W

Gibber

#16 Post by Gibber » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:24 pm

What's wrong with that! :? Aren't we having fun? Wait till Shredder gets going. He will keep us all straight! 8) :lol:

BTW, Nobody escapes the "old Guy" deal. You will be there someday too. :mrgreen: Question is will have our charm and personality? :shock: :P
GO TEAM LETKO!
Steve "Gibber" Gibbs
#736 C-Vet 2017
#1001 Vet-40 2016
#1036 Vet-40 2015
#1036 Vet-40 2014
#836 Sportsman 2013
#936 Trailerider 2012
2009 KTM 300 XC-W
785-760-3479 Cell

quik406

#17 Post by quik406 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:45 pm

Maybe Dan can have some of these...

shredder

#18 Post by shredder » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:50 pm

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL !

OK, ok,ok, ok.............................
First of all my friend Leo Gets says ...They always F@$& you in the drive thru!
LOL!

You gotta change your perspective sometimes, ya know?

First of all a short story....(lol).
I was at a race and blew a rear tire - got a snake bite between 2 rocks - I was in the points race and it really bummed me out. I limp it back to camp but by the time I got back I shredded the tire.

(there is a joke here but I'm having a senior moment and can't remember it....crap) -

Anyway I get off my bike and resist throwing my helmet into the woods and start to storm off and ol "pain in the ass" Bill Thomas shows up. Bill says "whats up Dennis?" I gave him the story about the flat and he notices right away the whole rear tire is FUBAR. "Well ya did a good job of trashing your rear tire Dennis. I don't think the rear tube is wort a crap either!" I'm boiling now so I walked off to piss and moan because the race is about to start in 25 minutes. CRAP. I go in the trailer and tell the wife that I'm done for the day. I usually never quit - even to a fault, so she was surprised to hear me say I was throwing in the towel for the day.

I go back to the bike and figure I'll have to start it up because pushing it was out of the question - it rolled like it was in quicksand with the shreded rear tire and flibber flapper "ultra" tube debris hanging out. I come up on my bike and ol "pain in the ass" Bill Thomas has already ran thru the pits and says "Shredders trashed his rear! Gotta tube or a 18" tire?" until he gets a tube from someone, either Steve Stickney or Devon Turley throws in a rear tire and Bill already has it mounted up. Just as he throws my bike down he says "what psi are you lookin to run today Dennis? OK, ok, ok,.......First I crap my pants, then after cleaning that up, I say probably 11 or 12 today Bill - don't want another snake bite. Bill says well it's about 11 and a half - gotta go man the race is about to start.

I line up, board drops and I'm off like a dirty shirt. I made the mistake of yielding to one rider and it cost me 5 positions because the dude choked up and lost his balance in the turn. I get stuck behind ol "pain in the ass" again. Bill aint letting me by. Nope. Bill Thomas will not let anyone by, he will not send you an invitation, he won't wobble when he is tired, he won't snuggle up or over to give you room, nope, he gets seven feet wide in a turn and hammers it early on exiting too. Bill normally rides very cleanly but manages to kick up extra this and that when you pressure him. Mr Bill won't apologize either. He defends his ground. You gotta get aggressive, stay aggressive and move cleanly and fast,,,then you can pass.

What I'm trying to say is ol Mr. "pain in the ass" taught me to pass.

Get yourself all up in there.

Don't over rev your engine - it only pisses you off and makes Bill smile.

Once your "all up in there", don't get right behind his rear tire (Bill will do 6 different things when you put your front tire on his rear tire and 5 of them are bad)

Gibber I used to "follow" Bill like you did in the video. Don't do that. Get your bike in "your line" not "his line". This means your line is anything but not right behind him.

Never watch Bill ride. Always look past him, past his front fender. This will draw you out-front and keep pulling on your front wheel so when you get next to Bill your already making your own decisions.

Once you get Past Bill, keep on the gas for a while too. If you let up he will gladly take the position back and grab it from you before you know what hit ya.

All this stuff I learned from getting past Bill. All the stuff works on anyone else I need to pass. You do have to admit - Hell even ol Joe Leaderhouse didn't have half the defense ol Mr Bill has. Mr Bill doesn't play favorites either - he goes double wide for everyone. Just enjoy the whole cat and mouse thing. If you get mad He'll get in your head - and man...YOU DO NOT WANT MR BILL IN YOUR HEAD.

So let's all lighten up here. I do agree that passing is racing.
I do agree too that if a guy just came up on you very quickly and is stuck like glue - RACE HIM (or HER)!

I'm trying to say that Bill you gotta realize adrenaline is on "high" this time of the season in the points race. I mean man with Todd and Gibber running neck and neck with Jeffries in third it's anyone's race. I see Ryan is still coming on strong too. I'm telling you boys the fat lady hasn't started singing yet so keep it pinned. See one race of a top 5 finish gives ol Jeffy a 10 point vein injection of adrenaline! Gibber is stepping up and pressuring anyone but Todd is so wise and patient you gotta be careful with a hot potato when it's hot.

Bottom line here?
Mr Bill does not race dirty and no one is really saying you do.

I respect you Mr Bill.

You have never,

never,

ever

bent over and let me by................

Ever.

I just gotta respect that.

See how I got ya to keep scrolling down?

Depending on your perspective.....

It's bad or "dirty" typing by keeping you hitting the keys to finish this post........ I'm going to read your post dammit so why all the scrolling down crap! YA HEAR! STOP THAT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or........

It's a way cool kinda cat and mouse game......better than "the usual stuff"......

Ya know what's worse than getting behind ol Pain in the ass with only a few points separating Todd, Gibber, Jefferies and Ryan?

It's being completely out of it and watching from the sidelines and always wondering .... wow.... I wonder where I woulda been in that race? pushing Todd again? Mowing down a few trees and hunting Gibber in the corners? Putting a bet on ol Mr Jeffries and going "all in" on the last lap and hope you make the pass and don't end up in the hospital or...........trying to figure out Ryan who I still haven't figured out yet....

Well sorry guys..............It's like Dan says...."He talked a lot, said a lot of words but I'm not sure he really said anything!"

Oh boy, sometimes I crack myself up! :lol:

Yes that's right guys - it's always about me!

MR Brunholtz I gotta say man. I always gave you everything I had and I still miss eating your dust. When you J P and I were running thru the poker run on that awesome track once in a while I was eating your dust and I started having "Rambo" flash backs.

I really hated it but I knew when we were racing if I didn't pass you, you would be more than generous with the OREO cookies.

In a weird sort of way somehow I was proud to loose the season to you. When I write these words it still has a little sting to it but man I chased you so much you made me faster.

Thanks Tom. :wink:

My God I love you guys.

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

shredder

#19 Post by shredder » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:10 pm

I hope this thread breaks 6 hunny by midnight Friday night.

Just sayin
:mrgreen:

quik406

#20 Post by quik406 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:31 am