Bonus work average at Milford UPDATE 3/7

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Bonus work average at Milford UPDATE 3/7

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:33 pm

I promised the Corp that I would help with putting up a new fence along the entry road at Milford. They have a contractor coming in on Saturday to drill fence post holes and then the posts need to be set. They don't allow concrete so it will just be setting the posts and tamping them in place with dirt.

I cannot go this weekend so I thought I would explore the option that someone in our group might want to help out on Saturday and or Sunday. The only thing I have to offer in return would be a work average for the Milford race. I expect to make it there for the other work days but really need to be there this weekend when those holes are open. The posts really need to be set right away. If you want to help with this project, let me know. ktms@fmhsc.com or 785766562nine.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

Gibber

Re: Bonus work average at Milford

#2 Post by Gibber » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:48 pm

Dan,

Sorry I missed this one. Ryan Salmans brought it to my attention this afternoon. I really have not been following the board that much.

Did you get a turn out? Are you planning another day? The new job has me covered up but feel free to email me if you do another one.

Thanks,
GO TEAM LETKO!
Steve "Gibber" Gibbs
#736 C-Vet 2017
#1001 Vet-40 2016
#1036 Vet-40 2015
#1036 Vet-40 2014
#836 Sportsman 2013
#936 Trailerider 2012
2009 KTM 300 XC-W
Advantage Ford Commercial Sales
www.advantagefordcommercial.com
steve@gibbscommercialtrucks.com
785-760-3479 Cell

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Re: Bonus work average at Milford UPDATE 2/25

#3 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:00 am

I took a vacation day from work on 2/25 and two of us drove in T posts for about 1/4 mile along the road. There is still many more T posts to drive and the wire needs to be stretched and installed. There are literally 3 people volunteering for this project which is kind of sad considering how many riders that place draws in a year.

If anyone has any amount of time they could offer it would really appreciated. Two people will be there this Friday afternoon and all day Saturday. I cannot make it this weekend. If anyone wants to put in some time, I can offer a work average for the Milford race. I imagine they will be working on the fence again March 5/6 weekend.

One other thought I had was that most folks don't want to drive there just for a work day. If you can arrange it to work on the fence the Saturday 3/12 before our race (since you will driving there anyway) I can help set that up and can offer a work average.

Just let me know if you can help with any of this. ktms@fmhsc.com
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Re: Bonus work average at Milford UPDATE 3/7

#4 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:59 am

There will be another chance to work on that fence this coming Friday and Saturday before the race. If you want to come early and help out, I can work it into a work average or come help just because they need it. Most any amount of time would help them. It will mostly be wrapping the tie wires around the T posts to attach the fence to them.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC

It's all good!

Gibber

Re: Bonus work average at Milford UPDATE 3/7

#5 Post by Gibber » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:40 am

Flyin' Ryan and I plan to be there Saturday. Late morning early afternoon.

To you have a plan? Where should we meet? Will there be any opportunity to ride Saturday afternoon if we get enough fence work done?

On a side note, who is bringing the beer! I thought Joe King said he was? :lol:

And so another season begins! Looks like everyone is chomping at the bit to get started. Should be fun. 8)

GO TEAM LETKO!
GO TEAM LETKO!
Steve "Gibber" Gibbs
#736 C-Vet 2017
#1001 Vet-40 2016
#1036 Vet-40 2015
#1036 Vet-40 2014
#836 Sportsman 2013
#936 Trailerider 2012
2009 KTM 300 XC-W
Advantage Ford Commercial Sales
www.advantagefordcommercial.com