10's Riders - Move Over

General Bike Talk
jstr244

10's Riders - Move Over

#1 Post by jstr244 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:12 pm

Just Kidding! :lol: I never experienced any issues getting by other riders, I'll race with you guys any day! 8)

On another note, lets see some race reports!

I figured out I'm a little rusty at this racing thing after taking most of last year off. Went out 4th on the start and was able to hang for about 3/4 of a lap before making some mistakes and suffering some serious arm pump for the next two laps. Once I was able to shake that I picked up the pace and was able to regain a few spots to finish 5th. Not a bad start to the year!
Jeremy Stretz #244
'13 KTM 300 XC
Thanks to:
PumpkinPatchRacing
Malcolm Smith Racing (MSR), Dunlop Tires, EVS, 100%, Maxima Racing Oils, Letko, Donnell's Motorcycles, Cycra Racing, & Decal Works

JayShafe8

Re: 10's Riders - Move Over

#2 Post by JayShafe8 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:28 pm

I agree with JS244! I didn't have any issues with lapping the 10's. I think they did a great job racing their own race and letting us by.

For my race, I started off well in 3rd and battled with the front pack for a couple of laps. As we spread out I was in 2nd for the middle laps and then caught the leader at the end of the 4th lap. As I passed him shortly after, we battled for the last few laps. As we were nose to tail coming into the final blitz along the shore, we both had to take some creative lines in the rocks because of a few lapped a making their own moves through. Luckily I stayed clean and ended up first!

Thank you to Dan and everyone who set up/swept/tore down. I thought it was a great day and awesome turnout. See you all Sunday!
Jared Shafer
A Class | 8
KTM '17 300xc

Thanks to: Letko Cycles, Moose Racing, Bullet Proof Designs, Motorcare, Decalworks, HeavyD, Mika Metals, EVS, TiLube and Pumpkin Patch Racing.

quik406

#3 Post by quik406 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:20 pm

I agree! I only passed a few, but they gave me more then enough space, and did it rather quickly!

motoracr199

#4 Post by motoracr199 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:21 am

I had a good time sweeping Sunday.

With a light crew, everything seemed to flow very well through both races. Rolled up on #516 after he had crash off the ledge and had to navigate him back to pits. He broke something in his shoulder so I hope he heals up soon.

It is nice to see all the battles forming throughout different areas of the track, I didn't realize how many different trains of riders shape up during different portions of the race. Its really neat to watch people battle when you're following them. Saw an intense battle for the last couple miles in the C-Vet.

I talked to a few 1000 riders and heard positive thoughts on the new start position for them. Apparently lapping was not an issue and the track flowed extremely well. And those splits were as close to even as I could tell. Great course setup by Dantheman and his track crew.

Thanks to the clean up crew that stayed around for track tear down. The more there are, the better it is. You get points for sweeping and tear down by the way. Something I would highly recommend!

See y'all at Walters Ranch next week.
David Stewart
Thanks to Dunlop, AXO, Dragon, and Fly Racing

Harvey Mushman

#5 Post by Harvey Mushman » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:13 am

Yes, hats off to the set up crew, the course was marked perfectly, a few extra lines where needed, a really good course. I think there was 18 guys on the Vet-40 line, when I came thru scoring after the first lap I was in 4th and actually got a bit excited.

Over the course of the next 4 laps there was one corner I blew threw 3 out of 4 laps, (when you get old you suffer from CRS and can't remember the course), and the 3rd time about 5 bikes got by me, some were 10's. Then later on the same lap, i pulled up into some brush to let a fast guy by and when I took off, some how a tree branch got stuck between my rear wheel and the fender and was like trying to ride with the brake on. There was about 2 feet of limb hanging out the left side and the rest of the tree out the right side so I had to dismount and actually pull the tree out of there to get going again. Some more riders got by me here.

All this drama got me back to 7th place now. On the 5th lap I got in behind another 10 and rode for quite awhile as he and I were on the same pace. I found away around him and finished in 6th. I had a good ride.

I think for the most part I got out of the fast guys way pretty good. When I see a spot I intend to move to, I bleed that way and try to point quickly with the other arm to the area I want mister FG to go and usually he's by me in a flash. Invariably there are times when you just can't move because of the terrain but we do the best we can. Perfect weather, just a great day to be in the woods on a dirt bike.
-Harvey

'06 #917/703, '07 #77, '08 #75, '09 #1017, '10 #713, '11 #1017, '12 #1017, '13 #1017, '14 #1017, '15 #1017, '16 #1017 and so on...

Speedysdad

#6 Post by Speedysdad » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:49 am

Been away too long, I had a heck of a time keeping up with everyone's new numbers. Collin had some free time and decided to go racing. The last places he has raced have been 4 nights of Endurocross, that came back to haunt him.

Collin said the course was good and he was settling in to work some traffic in the second lap when he heard a "tink", then a tink, tink tink... He went to brake slide into the next turn and no rear brake. He then picked his way through the trees while attempting not to crash. He discovered a spoke from the rear wheel stuck in the caliper. While attempting to pull it out, he discovered that the rear brake rotor was "HOT". He then retrieved a stick, which were abundant since he was in the brush, and pushed the spoke out. He said he hand threaded two spokes back in by hand and then limped back to the truck.

Well that's what you get when you pound your way around several Endurocross tracks and use your good race wheels. Oh and Collin learned another lesson, MC gloves were not made to stand up to the heat of a brake rotor. He will need a new pair.

Great seeing everyone, we will be back.
Jim Wright
(Retired)

Gibber

#7 Post by Gibber » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:41 am

Hey Everybody! FYI:

There are also race reports going on the "Warning 700 class" String. Not real sure where to post my race report but 6 pages, 57 posts and over 2200 views is kind of cool so I'm gonna add my race report to it.

Be sure to check it out.

P.S. I think it is really cool you fast guys are giving credit to the Vet 40's for giving way. Last year we had some complaints from the 800's and all of us thought we were doing our best. I am sure the current Vet 40's appreciate the praise. Truth is they way you fast guys pass makes it a lot easier. You don't need much room and you get it done fast.

Personally, I don't care what anybody says about you Fast Guys (and Gals), I think you're alright! :lol:

Se you all on the "Warning 700 Class" post!

GO TEAM LETKO!
GO TEAM LETKO!
Steve "Gibber" Gibbs
#736 C-Vet 2017
#1001 Vet-40 2016
#1036 Vet-40 2015
#1036 Vet-40 2014
#836 Sportsman 2013
#936 Trailerider 2012
2009 KTM 300 XC-W
Advantage Ford Commercial Sales
www.advantagefordcommercial.com
steve@gibbscommercialtrucks.com
785-760-3479 Cell

Ride Orange 214

#8 Post by Ride Orange 214 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:12 pm

Old and Slow guy showed up to try some FMHSC racing 2016 style. Did you all bring in extra rocks for this one ? I would have sworn that that place used to have some dirt. The course had plenty of up and downs and blind turns to keep you on your toes and brakes. Paul D would be proud of that course . Did he help set it up ?. Two hours, plus and 7 laps later the torture ended.. No issues with the 40 plus class moving over. The fourth row were the guys that would not move. Good Luck to all you Rock Hounds this season. Cant wait to ride my dirt bike in the dirt this weekend.

WireFryer

#9 Post by WireFryer » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:22 pm

I'll toss this out there... Super clean passes from everybody, no short tempers, cussing, or tire rubs, or gang rapes coming out of a wide corner, so this is better.... 8) .

The oddities where the individual 500 and 400 class riders who for whatever reason showed up to the start late and had to get thru us. Next time yell your Class number and I'll get out of the way quicker!

The other oddities where the 400 and 200 classers who where having a bad mechanical day and stayed mixed up with us.

Had a blast scrapping with Steve and Mike, refreshed some old Friendships... and made a couple new ones.

Hats off to the young Lady in the 900 Class who, upon successfully navigating the boulders dead last on the start, proceeded to ignore all of us pointing at the uphill and go thru Scoring... and got listed as Overall Leader for just a bit :wink:

Good job on the fence, Lads!

Tim
The saddest sound in all MotorSports is the noise the drivetrain makes as you slowly coast to a complete stop.