A new place to stay for the Milford race

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

A new place to stay for the Milford race

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:16 pm

Every year Milford throws things off of our regular race weekend schedule since we cannot camp at the race location. Many of you go back into Junction City or Manhattan to stay in a motel. We now have a new option that I just found out about.

The owner of Acorns Resort has contacted me and he has offered discounts to FM families for the Saturday night before the race. The resort is just across the lake to the east of our race location. You can get there in about 25 minutes by vehicle and about 2 minutes by boat!

Check out their website at https://www.acornsresortkansas.com/

He is still working out the details on what our discount will be but it sounds like it will be quite affordable and pretty cool too. There are rooms in the lodge that he described as huge hotel rooms with two beds. There are also cabins of various sizes from 3 beds to 5 beds if I understand it completely. The standard rates would be from about $100 to $250 but that isn't much when you split it several ways. It will be even less with our discount. They have RV hookups as well. I would highly encourage all of you that need a place to stay to at least give this place some consideration.

There is a bar and grill over there as well.

To get a price or make reservations, call them directly at 1-785-463-4000 and be sure you mention you are with Forward Motion.

I was also contacted by Michele with the Junction City/Geary county visitors bureau and she advised she is making arrangements with the local motels to also offer a discount on lodging when you mention Forward Motion.

So we have several options and I hope it benefits our riders and families.

By the way, all of this came about because someone who rides our series contacted these folks at a Sports and Travel show in Omaha recently. I have no idea who that rider was but they have really helped us all out with this.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Re: A new place to stay for the Milford race

#2 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:36 am

Here are the rates for the various hotels in Junction City.

Hampton Inn by Hilton $85.00
Quality Inn $79.00
Best Western $79.99
Courtyard by Marriott $85.00
Holiday Inn Express $85.00
Candlewood Suites $85.95

When making your reservations please tell them you need the “Forward Motion Rate”.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!