Milford results, season points information, etc...

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Milford results, season points information, etc...

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:42 am

I think I have all the information correct so that only riders who paid the fee show up in season points. You should check to be sure as there is a learning curve to this and I found that I had done several incorrectly and they were not showing up. Now you can actually see the results of this change and how different the points look when you remove one time riders and riders not going for points. This is a trial year so be sure to let me know what you think as the year progresses.

What you see posted may still change as I find any errors. I will have it on a solid track soon though.

Work average guys who did not race, remember your first place points wont actually show up until you work your second event.

The season points fee starts on the race you pay it and forward. If you pay the fee at the second race etc., you will not pick up the points from the previous race. Since we have 5 throwaways a rider can easily pick up the full seasons worth of points even as far as the 7th race when you factor in work averages.

Another point about yearend awards is that I do not have a set number of races to qualify for yearend awards from year to year. Some years I have done 50% and some I have done closer to the actual 70% . For example if we count 10 scores I have often only required 8 scores for a yearend award as it seems more fair to me to not require someone to attend all the 10 races. If 8 scores still gets you in the top ten then I feel that is worth a year end award. With this new way of keeping points I may be able to continue to do a lower number and still qualify for a yearend award. The point here is I feel riders should pay the fee just to help out with better awards each year and I think you should race all that you can make it to and not worry that you wont make to all 10 races we are counting for maximum points this year.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

Pumpkinpatch

Re: Milford results, season points information, etc...

#2 Post by Pumpkinpatch » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:25 am

If we worked yesterday and got brain dead and didn't go up and pay our $10 points; fee; can we still do that and not lose ground on the season points?
That make sense? I did in my head.
Mark Shafer
Rider #511 FMHSC
Proud Papa of #60 & #5

Thanks to #pumpkinpatchracing, Letko Cycles, MSR, EVS, DeCal Works, Atlas, 100%, Motorcare, HeavyD, DT1, Mika Metals

flipstick357
Site Admin

#3 Post by flipstick357 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:32 am

Nope, You are out of luck :twisted:

Actually I really don't know
""I think the best possible social program is a job."

Ronald Reagan

14 KTM 350XC-F #537

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

#4 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:50 am

Special rules and special circumstances for special people. You are all set Mark.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

Diamonds

#5 Post by Diamonds » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:28 pm

As far as minimum number of races required for year-end awards, I don't think there should be a minimum, as long as they paid to be in the points. If I race all the races and still get beat in points by someone who only raced 7, they deserve to beat me! LOL

I just feel that, your points are your points. If you beat me with less races, fine. If not, then you should have raced more races! That being said, requiring a minimum number of races will encourage more people to get out and race....hopefully. I guess you just have to decide if you want to give an advantage to the people that race in all of the races.
Trent Glass
2017 Husqvarna TE300

dstocksick

#6 Post by dstocksick » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:58 am

This was my first Race and loved it. Thanks for the great event. I did sign up for season points at registration as I hope to race several of the events. I didn't find my name/number on the points standing. I am #904. Was there anything else I needed to do beyond the $10 signup?
Thanks!
Dan Stocksick

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

#7 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:17 am

I fixed your season points. I have not had time to go through all the sign up cards to confirm each entry. We tried to enter them at sign up but some were missed.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC

It's all good!