Melvern Race Report

General Bike Talk
Criqui

Re: Melvern Race Report

#11 Post by Criqui » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:09 pm

shredder wrote:Well I got a bad start and just plain chugged it right out of the gate. I quickly re-started the engine and I was on my way!
I left the jitters at the start and I was just railing those corners! I can"t remember when I trusted my tires to stick like that, wow. Very nice!

I came up on WireFryer (I noted the the GoPro) who was putting it down I might add andd after only seconds he nudged to the right and gave me a short wave "go now" move. He didn't get a good look so I was planning to yell my head off to jack him up even more than he already was (IF THAT'S POSSIBLE) But as I made the pass he saw me and we are both yelling at each other like a cat fight and scared the rider caught in between us! hee hee hee...He thought we were talking smack at each other so I got 2 for the price of one!

I saw Steve Houghton putting along and I knew something was wrong there...You ok Steve? I didn't get to see you after the show.

I caught ol Devon Turley and POOF! It was like the good ol days again! I'm in the seniors and Devon is #78 and I tried to put him away...tried to put him down..tried to scare him in the creek... tried my secret quiet ninja blast...well...not today! My wife got some shots of Devon keeping me at bay - Good job dude..ps...my wife asks me - "Why didn't you just pass him while I was taking pictures after scoring? You were behind him for two laps?" I wanted to say I tried, but I wadded it up 3 friggin times puttin the hurt on em and ended up getting the hurt on me! But instead I says...Well I guess it was his day! :wink:

OH YEAH! Check out the hole shot for the juniors! I don't know her name but with starts like that I'm sure I'll know very soon!

The Hole shot on Juniors was Destiny Slawson! 8)

WireFryer

#12 Post by WireFryer » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:10 pm

quik406 wrote:
Does anyone know why scoring was off?
Heard that for some goofy reason, one of the fast 600's was logging laps in our class.

Dan and Co. got it fixed.

Tim
The saddest sound in all MotorSports is the noise the drivetrain makes as you slowly coast to a complete stop.

shredder

#13 Post by shredder » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:41 pm

Destiny Slawson...WOW! Those Slwsons must have that racin mojo in their blood. I wish I had been born with it...It's a year for the girls fer sure.
Did you know that the girls born with that racin mojo in their DNA can actually "summon" their bikes back to them? It's an old Jedi - force - mother earth - kinda thing... They try to conceal this ability so it's a wonder that Andy even got it at all!
(By the way check out the new pics at Yellow wood they are awesome)

This is nothing knew as I remember Samantha Stevens had this same ability. Andy actually snapped a shot of it...ok...now where did I put that...Hmmm...lets see here...oh yes! Here it is... :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!