Walters 2 Race Reports

General Bike Talk
Btrigg88

Re: Walters 2 Race Reports

#11 Post by Btrigg88 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:51 am

Hang in there bob! I found your truck after the race with your bike all nice and loaded. I tossed your chairs in the back but could not find you in the crowd. I guess I know why now. Man that sucks! You know it's a tough course when the sweepers are leaving on a stretcher. Hang in there, rehab your a** off and get back on the bike. Silva fried his top end in the 300 and I thought I had heat stroke. I guess we should stop bitching!?! Good luck and get well soon!
Brian Trigg
KTM 300 xcw
2012-#9131
2013-#979
2014-#840
2015-#88

shredder

#12 Post by shredder » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:43 pm

That's great to hear Bob! You came over and introduced yourself before the race as I was lining up and we BS'ed a little. Great guy. I was looking for ya after the race to get to know the stuff the sweepers get to know and couldn't find you then I found out YOU were the guy they were working on. Bob Angell was the sweeper that helped Marty out with directions on how to get back to camp with a flat from the rock shelf.

I picked up my new non - flattable tires and rims from Donnell's and got home and put the wheels back on my bike, loaded up, ate dinner and pulled in Walter's around midnight. Twice my wife screamed when the deer population came out to greet us on B HWY just short of the place. I thought we bought it the second time but not a scratch...WHEW! Saturday afternoon I try out the new Moouse bibs and it felt weird. Didn't realize I forgot to tighten the rear axle nut so the rear wheel was cocking around with inconsistant results to say the least. I put the bike away for the night.

The following story is based on actual facts. Some facts may have been omitted and / or enhanced and placed in a better order for a better story. Parental discretion is advised, not available in all areas.

Sunday morning I'm cooking eggs, Joe Leaderhose pulls up and says "got any more eggs" I says NO, these are for you and I dude! We ate eggs and toasted bagels and talked it up about how we were both going to kick each others a$$e$. I go get out my bike and notice my limp chain and realize the axle nut and adjuster block are gone. I go to Rod Smith - our Husky race - rental parts guy and find out he didn't bring his complete parts shop this weekend (his bike) so I'm SOL. My buddy Brad learns of this drama unfolding and knows about these 2 old crusty dudes battling for points this year so he offers up his parts for an ATV for the day and a ride to the Iowa race. Cool. Race back on. (did I mention how easy it was to get Brads nut off?...Hmmm...) I'm flustered cause I'm short on time now so I slap it together and hit the starting line. Met Bob Angell - he came over introduced himself. CRAP. He is so nice and cool now I gotta like the 1060 guy now...sheese You just can't hate a nice guy like that!

Board drops and I do ok then brake and chug it dead just past the tree. Lap 1 - more respect for the Ranch. Lap 2 - I step it up and impact a tree. I blow the front plate off so hard it hits me in the face and bends my glasses crooked and a huge green leaf is now adhered nicely between my glasses and face. I down shift and try to keep going with the right hand while tree removal with the left hand. BAAAAAM! In my pop eye approach to the dilemma objects were actually closer than they appeared. (I should write that down somewhere so I can remember that...) I get up and see my front number plate on the side and I wanted to pick it up so I could throw it at Joe and hit him in back of the head later but it was too far away. I decide to kick it up to make up for lost time and was it out again on the rocks. Ouch. I've had my ring finger ripped off my hand, I know what pain is. This is pain.>>>Lap 3 halfway through lap 3 I'm hurting. Another really bad come off and plenty of guys offered help - thank Jim (1023) I was wanting some Kawasaki butt but I knew it was not on the menu for today. I was wishing for a 1/2 gear and pass Ed Morris (1086) who whispers as loud as he can go dennis go, go go. I just kept dragging both feet and say "I just want to go home ED!"

I push with all I got and get through scoring where my wife is waiting while I BS with Rod for a minute. still have 5 minutes till the checkered. She glares at me and says"JOES OUT THERE!" and points into the woods. My brain trys to renegotiate with my body parts. My brain says NOW HERE THIS...my body says lol! lol!... I go for Joe cause he doesn't know I'm coming for him, after all ONLY AN IDIOT WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!! (idiot) I go for 4 and into the woods. and I'm thinking, Marty at the rock shelf having tea time with a flat tire, brother Bill Thomas hitting a grenade and ejects off is bike, he is ok. I know he is ok cause he hits a boulder head first, WHEW ! that coulda been bad. I run out of energy and give up cause all I did was catch this slow old guy...Hmmm...CRAP MAN!!! that's JOE LEADER HOSE!!! I sucked all the hot water and OJ I had on board, ate some more Joe dust and bet the farm as he slid over and ripped up the easy up hill, turn and roared right into my epic crash of the day. I quit. I got up and didn't even know what day it was but still no slo mo joe....quiet...I got to scoring some how seconds before joe did and pulled out a 4th. We both laid on the ground in front of the blower discussing who the biggest SOB was...Not sure who won that one. Joe your a BEAST!
Sorry not much to say about the Walters deal...Hmmmm... :wink:
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

shredder

#13 Post by shredder » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:55 pm

By the way Bob you can still come and hang out at the races...I'll have a plate of food out for ya and an ATV to ride around on. Just give me a pm or call me 819-985-2540. I'm in Lee's Summit and I invite you to get better and come to a close-to-you race, I'll have a camp to hang out in my man. :wink:

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

bshack

#14 Post by bshack » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:38 pm

My wife filed for divorce after finding out that Dennis had possession of my 'Nuts"!
Brad Hackett #968
2013 Husqvarna TXC 310R
"I love those Red Heads"!

shredder

#15 Post by shredder » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:06 pm

All the folks in the pits were talking about it...
That Brad Hackett will give his left nut to help a guy out! :shock:

rext

#16 Post by rext » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:12 pm

Hey Dennis I had a great time except. I think the 1 st lap I was on my back like a hooker on nickel nite! I did pass parts of your bike a lot . Hope next time we can race a little more JIM
Go Mo or Go home

shredder

#17 Post by shredder » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:27 pm

Walers taught me...
Always find Rod Smith after a hot race and when you get about 3 feet away just drop to the ground and you will more than likely get offered an ice cold popcicle! SWEET!

Loosing ones number plate DOES NOT make you invisible, it actually only amplifies your position. Joe saw me coming before I ever saw him. At least kick the damn thing off the track if your too tired to go pick it up. (Truth be told I actually laughed too every time I went back over it and surprised it was still there)

My bike is not able to achieve speeds fast enough to cut down six inch trees, even with one eye closed.

You win a race...no one remembers. You get a guys nut off and no one forgets.

Even people that ride Kawasaki can.be ok too.

Sometimes it is actually possible that your wife can give out good advice, at the perfect time, for the right reasons with good end results.

Don't ever schedule a porceilin cap removal at 7:30 am the day after a Walters Ranch race.

Yes I know how to spell Leaderhouses name...it's just funny without the "u". I mean let's not overwork the u's - ya know?

:wink:

slomojo

#18 Post by slomojo » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:07 pm

I have to set the record straight.It seams Dennis is a little off on the facts.

It was Brads RIGHT nut,there is no left nut. :shock:

No stripping was done before or after nut removal. :mrgreen:
Joe Lederhouse
I said I love it,I didn't say I was good at it.
08 #962
09 #962
10 #762
11 #762
12 #74
13 #1062
14 #1003

WireFryer

#19 Post by WireFryer » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:31 pm

slomojo wrote:

No stripping was done before or after nut removal. :mrgreen:
Just out of curiosity... did Shredder return Brads' nut clean, AND in OEM condition?

:mrgreen:

Tim
The saddest sound in all MotorSports is the noise the drivetrain makes as you slowly coast to a complete stop.

bshack

#20 Post by bshack » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:01 pm

I just hope my right nut comes back with out being stripped!
Brad Hackett #968
2013 Husqvarna TXC 310R
"I love those Red Heads"!