Bird Dawg down

Discussions and Info on hurt or recovering riders.
Ed M

#41 Post by Ed M » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:33 pm

Ben get well soon

Our thoughts and prayers are for Ben and his family.

Met Ben at the Sedalia MHSC race and had a couple of laughs with him, couldn't believe it when I read the posts.

Flipper is there a way of setting up a paypal account on the homepage for donations? I can't make it to C-Dale.
Ed M

DETERMINATION: The feeling you get right before you try do something incredibly stupid

2013 KTM 350XCFW
#1086 for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015......
#786 for 2011
#786 for 2010
#906 for 2009
#1006 for 2008

WireFryer

#42 Post by WireFryer » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:52 pm

KTMWade wrote:
We could start a collection @ Carbondale this weekend and just let it grow through the holidays.
In my circletrack days, if someone got hurt, us drivers would walk the stands in 'full gear' during the trophy dash, and take donations from the crowd using our helmets to collect them.

Welllll,... since our spectators are tough, AND know how to walk,...it would be a good idea to have a donation bucket at the gate, at the sign-in trailer, and any concession outfit that shows up at C-Dale.

I won't mind paying $50 to race the last show, how's about the rest of ya?

$30 entry fee--------------- $20 in the donation bucket.

ScoreGirl, ScoreMom,... could this be arranged??
The saddest sound in all MotorSports is the noise the drivetrain makes as you slowly coast to a complete stop.

rockhound171

#43 Post by rockhound171 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:04 pm

i know there aint much i can do from 550 miles away and i dought there would be much i could do to help anyway but man, that hits me hard to hear about a fellow series rider goin down that bad. talks alot of crap or not, i dont wish that on my worst enemies. Ben i'll be thinkin about you and your family and hoping for a fast recovery. i wish i could be there to welcome you back, im sure it wont be as soon as we all hope. best of wishes and prayers. Cooper Swanson
Thanks to Cycle Zone and Letko

jmr17x

#44 Post by jmr17x » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:42 pm

Man I hate to hear about riders down like this. Prayers go out to the family. Something you guys can look into is the Riders Down Foundation, They help out riders and families in these types of situations. http://www.riderdown.org/forum/index.php . There is an application form on the site.

Jeremy
2009 # 330

jmr17x

#45 Post by jmr17x » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:46 pm

Here is a link to the app. ............. http://www.riderdown.org/forum/index.php?page=Contact
2009 # 330

BURD_DAWG

#46 Post by BURD_DAWG » Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:51 am

Hi everyone, just wanted to first of all say thanks for all the kind words that have been said about Ben. It is so encouraging to come home after a long day at the hospital and be able to read all of the posts. Everyone has been so supportive and I can't tell you how uplifting it is to hear from people that care about Ben. Our family truly appreciates all that is being done on his behalf. Not too much has changed with his condition, he is still on the ventilator, but they are only doing the neuro checks every 4 hours instead of every hour. Which is good because its very upsetting to watch them wake him up because he is so combative and in so much pain. His brain scan looked good this morning, the bleeding has stopped and the swelling has not gotten any worse. They are now focusing on his other injuries. He will probably get the surgery to repair his pelvis next week at the earliest and has started getting fed by a feeding tube today. He did have to have 4 units of blood today because he has some sort of bleed that they don't know where its coming from, probably just damage from the pelvic fracture. I think that's it, its been a long day and I just can't think of too much else.....thanks again to everyone.
Every Day Is A Gift

BURD_DAWG

#47 Post by BURD_DAWG » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:00 am

Oh, one more thing.....I've gotten several questions about if Ben can get visitors at the hospital. The unit that he's in does not allow many visitors and right now he's not even conscious or aware of anything going on around him. I know that he would rather have people come and help him hassle the nurses when he is awake and alert :D. I will keep you posted.

Mrs. Burd Dawg
Every Day Is A Gift

Harvey Mushman

#48 Post by Harvey Mushman » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:26 am

About eight years ago my wife had a brain tumor removed and suffered a subdural hematoma (excessive bleeding and swelling of the brain) as a result. Things were pretty scary for a long time but she came thru it. It sounds like Ben is working thru this challenge as well. My prayers are with you and your family.

See ya next season.

-Harvey

Honkytonk Superman

#49 Post by Honkytonk Superman » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:51 am

Can someone post a photo of Ben?

I think it would help those that have not met him put a face to the name...

bsearing

#50 Post by bsearing » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:18 am

Ben and family the searing family is praying for your speedy recovery ..This is somthing we all never want to hear about in our sport..