Bird Dawg down

Discussions and Info on hurt or recovering riders.
cbn250xc

#61 Post by cbn250xc » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:23 pm

Very sorry to hear about Ben and his family. I'll be praying for the whole family. Pretty sure Ben will be doing wheelchair wheelies down the hall way in no time at all. Get well soon Ben, with you down the sites not going to be nearly as interesting. Best wishes!!! Chad Nash #302

Dirtmonkey61

#62 Post by Dirtmonkey61 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:15 pm

Get well soon Ben. Anything Me or Steven can do let us know we live in Olathe so its no problem. I can't wait till your back out there your one of my favorite people to see at the races. I read in a earlier post that one of his boys was there at the track i was curious how he is doing? I imagine he was pretty freaked out. Hope the little guy is ok.

Steve Houghton

Kool-aids Dad

CTL450

#63 Post by CTL450 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:58 am

Dirtmonkey61 wrote:Get well soon Ben. Anything Me or Steven can do let us know we live in Olathe so its no problem. I can't wait till your back out there your one of my favorite people to see at the races. I read in a earlier post that one of his boys was there at the track i was curious how he is doing? I imagine he was pretty freaked out. Hope the little guy is ok.

Steve Houghton

Kool-aids Dad
I wasn't at the track that day but I'm good friends with Shiv and Jeremy who where there with been and who are largely responsible for helping him until the medics arrived. I'm told Shiv kept Ben's boy over at the car and kept him calm. Jeremy deserves so much more than thanks from all of us because he was the one calling for help a half dozen times, running to help medics carry supplies, keeping Ben as comfortable as possible, etc. He is a TRUE friend and a good man.

tclimber

#64 Post by tclimber » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:14 pm

thats Great Brett God is really smiling down at the way everyone is praying for Ben and His Family thats what we are here for to show Gods Love to those that need him I hope someone will step up and have a big corprate prayer for Ben and his family at Carbondale there is great strength in corprate prayer

flipstick357
Site Admin

#65 Post by flipstick357 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:09 am

I am bringing the Stuff to Carbondale for there new Baby. If one of you that offered would please come see me I will pass it off. It will take some room to haul. I will take the crib apart but it is still not really small
""I think the best possible social program is a job."

Ronald Reagan

14 KTM 350XC-F #537

KTMWade

#66 Post by KTMWade » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:23 am

flipstick357 wrote:I am bringing the Stuff to Carbondale for there new Baby. If one of you that offered would please come see me I will pass it off. It will take some room to haul. I will take the crib apart but it is still not really small
I have room in the truck and trailer. Its the Heartland Pool truck

CTL450

#67 Post by CTL450 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:43 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All,

I spoke with Ben's wife Rhonda this evening to get an update. He is still in very serious condition but fighting like hell! There is still some swelling on his brain that is a concern. He is still in an enduced coma but is responding to commands when pulled out of it for checks on improvements in his functions. Ben was able to breifly open his eyes which is an encouraging sign. Make no mistake, this man has a very long way to go before they can say he is going to be fine, but he is proving every day that he is one tough hombre and shows no signs of giving in.

I really hope that everyone can make it to Carbondale and will help us in collecting donations for the Burdick family. Ben is going to have a very long road to recovery with rehab, etc., and they will need every dime of support that we can raise. I hope you hang in there with me on this because I will not let a week go by without updating you on his condition and asking for your continued support.

See you all tomorrow-

PS- I will have room in the truck and trailer for anything you need help with as well.

Chuck- # 720

jstr244

#68 Post by jstr244 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:56 pm

any way we could make this a sticky to keep the news updates and prayers toward the top of the board?
Jeremy Stretz #244
'13 KTM 300 XC
Thanks to:
PumpkinPatchRacing
Malcolm Smith Racing (MSR), Dunlop Tires, EVS, 100%, Maxima Racing Oils, Letko, Donnell's Motorcycles, Cycra Racing, & Decal Works

KTMWade

#69 Post by KTMWade » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:25 pm

they have had to hold off on the pelvis surgery due to some other issues

Honkytonk Superman

#70 Post by Honkytonk Superman » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:19 pm

On page 10 of this thread there is a link to a web log.

Ben's wife Rhonda updated it tonight.