Chadwick Stolen bikes

General Bike Talk
oldmandave59

Chadwick Stolen bikes

#1 Post by oldmandave59 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:55 pm

This was posted on the WFO Trailriders site. http://wfotrailrider...ead.php?tid=676

Hello fellow Chadwick riders,
Looking for some eyes and giving a heads up. Me and a group of 10 guys were just down there this past weekend and had 4 of our bikes stolen. We primitive camp right off fireroad 171 and trail 140. We had 2 rvs 1 bumper pull and 2 trailers. We loaded the bikes up sat night, chained the trailer to the rv and woke up Sunday morning to 4 stolen bikes right off the trailer hooked to the rv we were sleeping in. mine was a 09 ktm 530 xc-w, the others were a gas gas trials, ktm 525 exc, and a ktm 300. I know it’s a long shot but the more people I tell the better odds we can catch these low life pieces of shi..t and you might not go thru what we are. If you see anything suspicious just right a tag down and email me. I know these low life’s had to case us out and more than likely are locals. The local sheriff’s don’t seem to give a shi..t so I have some hook ups and doing my own due diligence.
Thanks for any help and lock your bike up!!!!

Kevin

Kevin@westhues.com

Here is a picture of 2 of them. 2 more were stolen since

Riding is not a hobby, its a lifestyle

oldmandave59

Re: Chadwick Stolen bikes

#2 Post by oldmandave59 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:46 am

Steve Underwood found theives

Oldmandave59 Thanks for coping my post, we need all the help we can get. I am hearing someone in Marionville, Mo was trying to sell the Gas Gas to a local dealer. The dealers name is Steve Underwood and he supposedly contacted the local sheriff. Does anyone know who this is and the name of his shop? Here is a little more info on the bikes.
2009 KTM 530 XC-W vin# VBKEXA4089M476300 , Stock plastic and graphics, aluminum skid plate, FMF full exhaust system, barkbusters, BLUE fork seal relief valves
2008 KTM 300 XC-W vin#VBKXWN2338M343101 , Stock plastic and graphics, rear fender bag, cycle zone sticker, hand guards, skid plate, carbon pipe guard, steering stabilizer, trials tire on rear
2001 GAS GAS 280 vin# VTRGG280108000028
20?? KTM 525 EXC vin# ??? skid plate, steering stabilizer, rear trials tire

Cash reward for bikes found!!

816-215-5247
email kevin@westhues.com

Last edited by oldmandave59 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ed M

#3 Post by Ed M » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:58 am

Wow first time I have heard of this but now after checking out other sites bike theft has been going on at Chadwick for a couple of months now. That really sucks, I hope they find these POS's and deal with them appropriately.

Thanks for taking the time to update us on this.
Ed M

DETERMINATION: The feeling you get right before you try do something incredibly stupid

2013 KTM 350XCFW
#1086 for 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015......
#786 for 2011
#786 for 2010
#906 for 2009
#1006 for 2008

oldmandave59

#4 Post by oldmandave59 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:10 pm

THUMPER TALK POST.

2 MORE BIKES stolen Thursday nite 10/18/12 at Chadwick, some friends of mine 01 KTM 300, and 08-09 Honda crf150r right from camp near where this happened. I am posting everywhere to put the word out. When did they catch 2 suspects? They are still at it if it was before then,,, lets all pull together and jail these pukes, I will post VIN#' S and more info

As of Mon. at 4 pm, my 2 bikes, ktm 400 & 280 gas gas were Recovered. The ktm is impounded in Henry County, between Springfield & Kansas City, & the gas gas is at the Christian County Sheriff's Dept. So very thankful to mubowhunter & Dave, & many others, who were involved in getting my bikes, &
others back. Thank you for being PROACTIVE! I hope & pray ALL the BIKES will be found.

Detective Cole at Christian County Sheriff's Dept. said the bikes look fine, have photo of the ktm (thanks to mubowhunter!), & said he's "working on it" -
details on how to get the bikes back in my hands as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone for the leads as of right now we caught 2 guys and they are in custody and 7 others claiming to not now they had stolen dirtbikes and have found 9 stolen dirtbikes and 2, 4 wheelers. Unfortunatly I have not found mine the 2009 ktm 530 xcw or the ktm 525 exc but have found the gas gas and the 300 xcw. I think the 2 in custody are the ring leaders. Getting the local sherrif to act on anything has been quite a story in its self so keep posting tips on here and my email so i can follow up on. There mo seems to be trading these stolen bikes for ones that are not stolen so now there are innocent people out there with our stolen bikes that have no idea and the thieves now have bikes with clean vin #'s. I think they are using craigslist to find the trades they want to make so beware.

shredder

#5 Post by shredder » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:15 pm

Wow! Thank for the heads up! Glad you got em back. It sucks cause someone got squeezed in the "trading".
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

oldmandave59

#6 Post by oldmandave59 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:25 am

More Bikes Found and arrrests.
mubowhunter
oldmandave
I went to deepwater yesterday on a lead that the thiefs might be there and sure as sh..it spotted the truck i got a tip on. I called the highway patrol and they moved in on them. All 5 bikes and 2 4wheelers were stolen. I took pictures(trying to up load them) but 1 was a crf150 and 1 was a ktm 300 maybe 2 300's both had red bull graphics. So if u want to pass this on to the owners. All bikes and 4wheelers were impounded and taken to henry county I believe. Christian county may have picked them up by now. What I know was recovered was
KTM 400 exc
KTM ?? Red bull graphics
KTM 300 EXC Red bull graphics
CRF 150 Donnels stickers
2005 CRF 450R
2 4wheelers 1 all black 1 black and red

oldmandave59

#7 Post by oldmandave59 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:13 pm

OK, GUYS HERE WE GO, PLEASE ON THREATS . IT WILL SHUT THIS THREAD DOWN. Information sent to me by our bike detectives. Thats going to be their Alias for now because I do not know who our friends are, but this is one of the thieves. REMEMBER NO THREATS.

motoracr199

#8 Post by motoracr199 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:01 pm

glad to hear some have been recovered hopefully the rest will be around soon...
David Stewart
Thanks to Dunlop, AXO, Dragon, and Fly Racing

oldmandave59

#9 Post by oldmandave59 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:27 am

Looks like we will be working on this for a while. Police won't even talk to victims about this. Must be a lot of people involved. Bike detective says he has a lot more leads and working on this still. I don't know who my informant is, but our victims owe him for all of his work because he is the one taking these guys down.
When I had tools stolen from my body shop, I did my own investigation and had to do some immoral actions to get my tools back, but I got them back and most of my employees tools too. I put the theif in prison too.

oldmandave59

#10 Post by oldmandave59 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:20 pm

We need to let other know of the list of stolen bikes that I now have and Vin #'s and pictures. There are some victums possably out there with traded bikes that are stolen. If you have one of these, NOW IS THE TIME TO ACT, before it is felony recieving stolen goods.
Here is the thread of stolen and recoverd bikes. http://wfotrailriders.com/showthread.php?tid=676