Update on Downed rider Mikey.

General Bike Talk
oldmandave59

Update on Downed rider Mikey.

#1 Post by oldmandave59 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:48 pm

It was a little rough for a few days for Mikey with a fractured skull, broken nose and cracked vertebrae, concussion, lacerations. Doesn't know what happened, but Austin, his son was right behind him and some one else on tail when he crashed and got run over. He was out of Research Medical Center the next day even though he should still be there. He was trying to get out that night but we all decided not to give him a ride home until the next day and the Dr. drugged him up to calm him down apparently that night.
He insists that he will be riding soon, but not until we find him a Carbon fiber helmet. Anyone know a good deal or used one please help. Gluing his old one back together didn't work. :o
He stopped calling me and asking the same questionin (where is my Jersey and is my GO PRO OK) after 3 days so I think he is on the way to getting better.
He wanted picture of Helicopter and all I have is this video can't' see it but commentent was Damm, he being transported by Flight for Life on 4th lap and I pulled out of race to go to Hospital.
I really don't care about the raod warriers because I was just conditioning for HGP, but a lot of comments about that after race from many others.
http://youtu.be/xWkgRIfZW-o
Last edited by oldmandave59 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Riding is not a hobby, its a lifestyle

swedishfishmx

Re: Update on Downed rider Mikey.

#2 Post by swedishfishmx » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:07 pm

Glad he is out of the hospital and on the road to recovery.

As far as helmets, a carbon fiber helmet isn't always the safest either. If was in the market for a new helmet I would give http://www.6dhelmets.com/# my $$.

My next helmet will be one of those, but as for now I'll stick with my Shoei. Helmets and boots are the only riding protection I will not skimp on....it's like buying good toilet paper, it just feels better. :shock:
Brad Stretz | 243
Husqvarna TC250
Donnell's Motorcycles
DeCal Works
Liechti Racing

wadedawg

#3 Post by wadedawg » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:35 pm

I'm glad he is getting better..... its good to hear an update! Thanks. The silence was worrying me.
2010 XC-W450 SD #959
2012 XC-F350 #1034
2015 XC-W 300 SD TBD

shredder

#4 Post by shredder » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:04 pm

Thanks for the update. I always hope for the best but I suspected the worst. Now I can stop holding my breath.
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

MIKE AKA ANIMAL

#5 Post by MIKE AKA ANIMAL » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:21 pm

im doing better but not good head hurts realy bad just want to say thanks for checking up on me an thanks for posting this up dave