Milford Race Day workers still needed (THURSDAY).

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Milford Race Day workers still needed (THURSDAY).

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:12 am

Sign up now. I still haven't figured out just how to handle race day work averages now that we do so many split events. I am certain we will come up with a solution to be able to get a race in and work the other. That average may have to be the best 5 average one that you would normally get by working set up on a Friday or Saturday. The true 22 point work day will require missing your event.

All that to say, you can work the oppposite race or both races depending on what works for you. And I REALLY need help after the event getting the stuff down as I want it too look good for the Corp. Also, if anyone wants a work average for Friday or Saturday, I dont really need help much on the track but Milford always needs trail clean up and seldom has the volunteers so if you want to clean trail on the place just for a work average, let me know that as well. You would likely need a chainsaw.

I have a difficult position i need help with. This would be best with 2 or 3 people. I need help to cover the gate. You really need to be sharp with numbers and multi tasking as you have to get entry fees, gate fees, etc all at once and with a line of cars waiting. Not a great job but one I struggle to fill. You will miss the first race entirely.

Brian Trigg - race 1
Silva Beach - race 1
Steve Houghton - both
Jason Garrett -race 2

Thursday: I really like to have as many as 6 sweep riders out there. It just makes sure that someone down or broken is not there long before they get help.

I have not formulated a solid rule for it, but I am sure we can work out something for those who work one race and ride the other. In that event, the person would need to help a bit more than just sweeping that one race but we could get a non race day work average worked in there. Maybe they would help tear down after an event or even ride sweep at a second race. The race day work average will be reserved for the day you do not race. Advance notice will be the norm on this. Promoters need to know in advance to be able to know they have all the postions covered.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

sexton88

Re: Milford Race Day workers needed.

#2 Post by sexton88 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:50 am

Hey Dan I sent you an email this morning. I can work the gate as I am in second race. Let me know.
2014 #631
2013 #921
2015 KTM 300 XC-W

Pumpkinpatch

#3 Post by Pumpkinpatch » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:21 am

Engineer's a good with numbers and somewhat trustworthy.
I'm your gate-man.
Mark Shafer
Rider #511 FMHSC
Proud Papa of #60 & #5

Thanks to #pumpkinpatchracing, Letko Cycles, MSR, EVS, DeCal Works, Atlas, 100%, Motorcare, HeavyD, DT1, Mika Metals

Btrigg88

#4 Post by Btrigg88 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:50 am

Silva was going to shoot you an email today. We will stay for clean up after the 2nd race. Cheers.
Brian Trigg
KTM 300 xcw
2012-#9131
2013-#979
2014-#840
2015-#88

Jason g

#5 Post by Jason g » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:02 pm

I could work Milford, I would even bring a chain saw stay late and help clean up.
I sent an email.
Thank you
Jason Garrett
I prayed for an old, wise angel who fly's faster than I ride. 2005 yz 250// 2000 cr 500// 2007 rmz 450// 2008 ktm 300// 2013 ktm 300 xcw.

shredder

Re: Milford Race Day workers still needed (THURSDAY).

#6 Post by shredder » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:23 pm

I'll be there for both races. I think I'm running a clipboard at scoring and tear down around scoring. My question is when we clip-boarders score each rider as they come thru scoring are we just supposed to score each riders technical aspects or do we figure in their jersey aesthetics and decals on the bike too?
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

quik406

Re: Milford Race Day workers still needed (THURSDAY).

#7 Post by quik406 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:21 pm

I do hope decals, because I am going to be running something really special! :wink: