Grain Valley MX needs your support

General Bike Talk
CTL450

Grain Valley MX needs your support

#1 Post by CTL450 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:50 pm

All,

I lifted the below info from the Mostate mx.com website regarding the Grain Valley City Counsel voting unanimously to revoke the operating permit of the GV race tracks for noise violations (65 dbs). This is a ludicrous rule, which leads me to believe there is more at play here than just noise on the part of this unanimous counsel vote... Nonetheless, dozens of business throughout our cities relay on tracks like GV to keep their business going. If we don't fight for what is right, we will all be looking for a new place to live, so we can ride, race and survive. Please make your co-workers, friends and families aware of whats happening and show your support for the folks at GV moto. Send emails and phone calls to the counsel letting them know (in a civil, concise and professional manner) that we are not going to let this decision go unchallenged. See the below post for more details:

Posted - 07/14/2014 : 3:30:32 PM Show Profile Send meyamo a Private Message Reply with Quote
i want to let everyone know that the city of Grain Valley voted to revoke the Conditional Use Permit last Thursday night. the motion was and every alderman on the entire pa el voted to revoke it. the revocation takes effect October 1, 2014. they board also made a motion to get together with the tracks to work together in the meantime to come up with a new permit. again the entire board voted for this also.

so, now what this means. all the tracks out there are under one permit. so what happens to one happens to all of them. the main issue is the 65 decibel limit. it is not spelled out clearly how this test is to be done. by the cities test we dont pass. by the federal OSHA and EPA standards we pass. so this needs to be spelled out.

hopefully the city and the mayor is serious about working together and keeping the tracks open!!!!

there has been talks of boycotting the business in GV to send a message and show them the revenue lost. we dont feel this is the best course of action. the local business support the track and talk in favor of the track at every meeting. so instead we ask that when you visit the tracks and you stop let them know why you are in GV. thank them for supporting the tracks!!!!

i will post the email adresses for the mayor and the alderman so if you like you can email them and voice your support. i will also post a link of the CUP meeting so you can see how the city lawyer treats the tracks.

brian shrout

Posted - 07/14/2014 : 3:47:12 PM Show Profile Send meyamo a Private Message Reply with Quote
if you would like to call or email the mayor and the city council memebers please do so. not one council member voted in favor of the track........

Mayor Mike Todd, mayor@cityofgrainvalley.org 816-719-9436
Scott Schafer 816-674-1494 scott.schafer@att.net
Dale Arnold 816-847-5940 dale.arnold27@sbcglobal.net
Chuck Johnston no# cjohnston55@comcast.net
Yolanda West 816-847-5464 ytaxyola@sbcglobal.net
Bob Headley 816-847-7537 rheadley@cityofgrainvalley.org
Mike Scully 816-847-2611 michael.scully@fike.com

Be respectful and professional if you contact them. Just because some of them bash us we need to be professional. No matter where you live tell them about how cities that support their local race tracks flourish. I have went out of town racing all my life and cities put out signs welcoming race fans. I have never seen the city ever welcome race fans to the community of Grain Valley.

brian shrout

CTL450-