breakaway to Bravoland

General Bike Talk
ike jones

breakaway to Bravoland

#1 Post by ike jones » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:07 pm

Started cutting wheat July 1 and finished at 11:00 pm July 15, got finished catching back up on field work the 25th and said "by momma, I'm going to Bravoland!"

Saturday ride was with my buddy City C, his son Conner-

and my boy mike-

these were taken after a nastyazz climb at the start of trail 502 and we were all sucking wind. but it is downhill from here and pretty sweet.

original plan was to take the boys up on the Continental Divide Trail (CDT) but just as we were about to head up we rode out a thunderstorm in a cowboy cabin and decided we didn't want to be on top of the world in that. Instead went the other way (501-502 trails). Kids got to experience riding in the rain and the thrill of hearing the lightning sizzle over head.

Sunday it was just me and the Johnny Bravo with raingear packed we went on the Continental Divide ride. We seemed to stay just ahead of the storm as when we'd stop we could hear the boomers behind us.

Up Razor Creek Trail to the CDT where we did our usual stop at Baldy Lake then came down from the CDT on Longbranch trail. Some shots from Longbranch
rock skree
looking down
right after the skree is this off camber turn
most of it is more like this, a steady downhill sidehill- you could coast 99% of it with the motor off.
you can ride from the Continental Divide all the way into the town of Sargents on Longbranch I think it is like 8 miles all downhill. The Continetal Divide in the back locking up the Longbranch Creek canyon.
but why go in town when there is sweet single track back to Johnnie's?
JB lives on the other side of this "hill"
John is always good fun to ride with as I have to push it to try to keep up yet he is very good about not just running off and leaving you either...... not to mention he is just plain a hoot to hang with.

ike jones

Re: breakaway to Bravoland

#2 Post by ike jones » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:32 pm

Woohoo!

shredder

Re: breakaway to Bravoland

#3 Post by shredder » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:23 pm

very, very, very cool!

watch out for the slomojos though! I hear they got em in Colorado now!

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! :wink:
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!