Chanute tidbits Saturday night edition

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Chanute tidbits Saturday night edition

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:34 pm

BBR concessions are going to serve burgers, Suzie Q's, pulled pork, brisket, chili, funnel cakes, nachos etc. Landowner will have a few shirts leftover from last yr, AND soft serve ice cream and sno cones. All of this starting Saturday afternoon and on Sunday. Sunday morning the concession will have some breakfast. Try to waste your money on lots of this so they will keep doing it!! And the concession is donating money to the local High School as they were unable to do concession as they had planned.

Course is mostly done and clockwise which is opposite of last year. Same cool start which was in the field then long wide area leading to the course. There are a couple long pasture connectors to cool off some. Several new connector sections. About 7 miles. Majority of the course is is wooded with shade. Parking is all perfectly mowed. Long tree rows for shade. Sun is directly overhead now so the shade does not cast out very far though. It is supposed to be windy all day so that will really help.

We really need a good turnout to help keep the landowner interested.

Saturday riding for $10 which all goes to the landowner. Free camping.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Re: Chanute tidbits Saturday night edition

#2 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:39 pm

Man that concession is good!

6.7 miles. Supposed to be 95 tomorrow with 15 mph winds gusting to 25 so it may be tolerable. Lots of discussion about race length. I hate to shorten anyone's race they pay money for and spend time to get to. I will likely go with 90 or 100 minutes for the last race and five minutes less for the first race.

Very often people don't know they have gone too far until it's too late. I don't want anyone to get hurt racing. I have witnessed many get too hot and we even had one at the last race. If anyone needs to, they can ride one full hour after their race and I am fine with it. Just bypass scoring and stop before race two starts. We will still need to run regular race times as that is what people plan for when they head out for the day.

The track does not go close enough to the water hydrant to do the stock tank water pour idea. I did bring those very same two pitchers in case we figure out some way. Someone could bring about 200 feet of hose and we might make it work. Still trying to get something going.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

slow ride

Re: Chanute tidbits Saturday night edition

#3 Post by slow ride » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:43 am

Just an FYI, if you are coming east out of Chanute to the race. There are detour signs at the 59/39 jct. Just keep going the 3 1/2 miles on east to Shawnee Rd then 1/4 north to the race. Following the detour signs yesterday a couple of the campers went a lot of miles out of their way. Hope everyone has a fun and safe day!

Greg Taylor