Oxiclean VS No Toil Filter Cleaner

General Bike Talk
Gibber

Oxiclean VS No Toil Filter Cleaner

#1 Post by Gibber » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:05 am

I have been using No Toil oil and cleaner on my air filters since about 2010 and swear by it. However, someone told me you could use Oxiclean in lieu of No Toil Filter Cleaner.

Well, I tried it last night and seems to work just as good. My wife has a 5.5 LB tub in the laundry room that costs about $10.00. We all know what No Toil costs!

Has anybody out there tried this? Can it hurt the filter? Sure cleans it just as good and easy. Unless someone knows something I don't I am going to switch to Oxiclean. I will continue to use No Toil Filter oil. Pretty tough to beat the aerosol spray oil.

This sport is expensive enough. We need to save a buck whenever we can.
GO TEAM LETKO!
Steve "Gibber" Gibbs
#736 C-Vet 2017
#1001 Vet-40 2016
#1036 Vet-40 2015
#1036 Vet-40 2014
#836 Sportsman 2013
#936 Trailerider 2012
2009 KTM 300 XC-W
Advantage Ford Commercial Sales
www.advantagefordcommercial.com
steve@gibbscommercialtrucks.com
785-760-3479 Cell

swedishfishmx

Re: Oxiclean VS No Toil Filter Cleaner

#2 Post by swedishfishmx » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:03 pm

NoToil is awesome, Oxiclean is awesome-er?

Stuff does work. I use Oxiclean to clean my filters too. I love the spray can as opposed to the liquid bottle. I seem to use less oil, yet cover the filter better.

+1 for Oxiclean.
Brad Stretz | 243
Husqvarna TC250
Donnell's Motorcycles
DeCal Works
Liechti Racing

shredder

#3 Post by shredder » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:28 pm

I use the No Toil system also - works great. The powder cleaner is Tri Sodium Phosphate (also known as TSP) which I've used for years to degloss and remove grease and dirt prior to painting almost anything, dirty walls, metal cabinets, tractors, trailers, office furniture, bench seat, etc. Tri sodioum Phosphate is found anywhere - just ask. Mostly at paint stores or home depot or Lowes. It's much much cheaper buying a five or ten pound box of TSP instead of a little plastic bottle of "NO Toil" cleaner. The advantage with cleaning using TSP is that is cuts heavy dirt and grease but does not leave behind a slimy film and no need to come back and rinse. Oxy clean is also a great product that gets my jersey pant really brand new looking and I'm sure I do a lot more dirt diving than anyone else in my class!

If it's not fun, don't do it.

My 2cent$
:roll:
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

slomojo

#4 Post by slomojo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:36 pm

shredder wrote:I use the No Toil system also - works great. The powder cleaner is Tri Sodium Phosphate (also known as TSP) which I've used for years to degloss and remove grease and dirt prior to painting almost anything, dirty walls, metal cabinets, tractors, trailers, office furniture, bench seat, etc. Tri sodioum Phosphate is found anywhere - just ask. Mostly at paint stores or home depot or Lowes. It's much much cheaper buying a five or ten pound box of TSP instead of a little plastic bottle of "NO Toil" cleaner. The advantage with cleaning using TSP is that is cuts heavy dirt and grease but does not leave behind a slimy film and no need to come back and rinse. Oxy clean is also a great product that gets my jersey pant really brand new looking and I'm sure I do a lot more dirt diving than anyone else in my class!

If it's not fun, don't do it.

My 2cent$
:roll:
I think it is true that you soil your pants more than most riders. :mrgreen:
Joe Lederhouse
I said I love it,I didn't say I was good at it.
08 #962
09 #962
10 #762
11 #762
12 #74
13 #1062
14 #1003

Gibber

#5 Post by Gibber » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:27 pm

AWESOME SLOMOJO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GO TEAM LETKO!
Steve "Gibber" Gibbs
#736 C-Vet 2017
#1001 Vet-40 2016
#1036 Vet-40 2015
#1036 Vet-40 2014
#836 Sportsman 2013
#936 Trailerider 2012
2009 KTM 300 XC-W
Advantage Ford Commercial Sales
www.advantagefordcommercial.com
steve@gibbscommercialtrucks.com
785-760-3479 Cell

shredder

#6 Post by shredder » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:18 pm

OK OK OK!!! That's it!

I KNEW you were out there looking in! I was even on a couple of weeks ago and the little tattle tale said there are 3 guests, shredder and ol slomojo on the web site. I noticed you didn't post so I was just making things as juicy as I could but as usual you never took the bait, As always you pop pop up and go all Capt. Insano on my butt and pass at the worst possible moment just so I soil my pants AGAIN.

Joe you load up that bike on the back of your little ford that's gets 95 MPG that you got running on goat urine and hydrogen, I'll throw in the entry fee and let's GET IT ON!!! Man we got one hell of a line up this year. NO ONE is backing down. If you want it you gotta just take it now. It's your kind of racing - put up or shut up. Stickney - getting smoother and consistent so his speed is coming up naturally, Big John Joray - brute power, gas it till you get into trouble then gas it some more!, Slinky Tom (we call him Stinky Tom behind his back) packing a secret jato assist located just under his engine head, JP sticks like velcro - the harder you try to pull away the more he sticks, Todd Sexton getting faster every race, Gibber is getting a race package together so well I dare say his ego is bigger than mine, Ed Morris keeping it real - either on the side lines or on the track (just the facts mam...just the facts). and last but not least Bill Thomas - yes he comes to cruz but blocks better than YOU!

Big John Joray stole my old strategy - get a flat - just gas it! I bet your just sitting smug back on that mountain with the friggin gorgeous view, just gloating that Karma is once visiting me for stealing your #2 position last year. The entire year comes down to the last lap at the last race and I beat you by .004 seconds getting 2 additional points giving me the #2 position for the year even though your year end average speed percentile is actually .2% FASTER than mine. (Not that I can remember that much as is really wasn't such a big deal to me at all.)

Well buddy enjoy because I ran the numbers and even if I win BOTH of the last two races it's going to be Tom is number one, Big John number two and ol Shredder drops to number three IF Gibber doesn't thrown a chain in my rear wheel or Todd runs me off at the first turn after the start. Wade Dawg always never more than 35 feet from me at any given time.

Yes just sit down on the deck tomorrow morning watching the sun come up warming your hands with a hot cup of Jo on a brisk morning with a fat assed smile on your face knowing that I'm being terrorized by these clowns and continue falling down the totem pole as the year come to an end... At least with you I gave you an honorable quick clean kill, these clowns are just constantly nicking me so I am slowly bleeding to death!!!!!!

Payback sucks Joe, Payback sucks. Feel the sting baby...feel the the sting....

I truly do missed your hard headed stubbornness and nerves of steel but this year the entire 1000 row is loaded with a bunch of knuckle heads cut from the same broken cookie cutter your are made of. We are called "The Rough Riders".

Find an excuse, load up the bike - Heck I'll let you ride the Honda - It's for sale - new everything - even new rebuilt softer forks, new top end, new front and rear wheel bearings...you name it. These last two races all hell is breaking loose. Everyone has a shot at the title on any giving sunday and everyone knows it. We can have those two cokes we used to drink after every race.

Man I sure miss you pushing me to a higher percentile. Yo da man. Hope all is ok in your world.

All I can get from this is that at Melvern I'm turning the attitude up to 11, bringing the acid in my mouth, the stinging in my chest and see if it's enough to make me want it more than anyone else does and in my class that's saying something.

That's all I have to say about that.
:wink:
Last edited by shredder on Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

slomojo

#7 Post by slomojo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:31 pm

When I get to a proper keyboard I'll fill you in on what has been happening out here. I sure do miss racing with forward motion and cokes with you after the race.
Joe Lederhouse
I said I love it,I didn't say I was good at it.
08 #962
09 #962
10 #762
11 #762
12 #74
13 #1062
14 #1003

E.A.

#8 Post by E.A. » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:28 am

Am I the only guy that just uses soap and water?
2015: #tbd
2014: #609 C (1st)
2013: #801 Sportsman (1st)
2012: #913 Trailrider (10th)

2001 Honda CR250r
2012 KTM 300XC

2014 KTM 250SX-F (Sold)
1999 Kawi KDX200 (Sold)
1982 Honda CR125r (Sold)

swedishfishmx

#9 Post by swedishfishmx » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:07 pm

I've never tried soup and water. Are you using the NoToil filter oil, and cleaning the filters with regular soup?

Also let's try and stay on topic if we can, this is about filters after all.
Brad Stretz | 243
Husqvarna TC250
Donnell's Motorcycles
DeCal Works
Liechti Racing

E.A.

#10 Post by E.A. » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:39 pm

Hahahah.... That's funny

But I use silkolene foam filter oil. And I just fill the sink with dish soap and hot water and scrubb a little. Cleans right up. Just as good as when I used to use the parts washer to clean it.

But hey I am a weirdo. I also stopped using chain oil that seemed to attract more dirt then it did lube... And have ran all last season and the half before it using PB blaster on the rear chain. Little messy but oddly enough it's never kinked. We will see how this fresh chain on the KTM likes it.

See told you... I'm Weird
2015: #tbd
2014: #609 C (1st)
2013: #801 Sportsman (1st)
2012: #913 Trailrider (10th)

2001 Honda CR250r
2012 KTM 300XC

2014 KTM 250SX-F (Sold)
1999 Kawi KDX200 (Sold)
1982 Honda CR125r (Sold)