Work average clarification

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Work average clarification

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:20 am

I posted the rules below just for easy reference. They can be found on the information page.

A rider has to miss one race that they work. You can work 10 races if you want, and we sure need it! But, you have to miss one of them that you work. You get 22 points for missing one so the incentive is there. This is up to the rider to do so and be fair. I cannot police all of these and I have no idea if you are putting in a true work effort. I made some changes to try and help out our race day help and to help folks get an average on a day that they actually race. I intended for that work one race one average to also include helping before the race or after the race taking down arrows. What has transformed is a rider showing up on race day to race and then as almost an afterthought, they ride around for two hours during the other race, go home, and get a work average. No other work is done. There may be days where you luck out and the promoter doesn't need help taking down markings.

There are too many things to do for me to keep track of people and make sure they are working. I will try and address this with individuals as needed but I don't always see it. In my opinion this is just like tug of war and we are all pulling on the same rope, make sure you are pulling! If you let up, it may go unnoticed but it will change the outcome.

Let me know if you have or know of anyone that has not sat out their race day work average. Some of you may not even know that you were supposed to do this.

WORK AVERAGE BONUS POINTS

1. Participants may earn race points by assisting race promoters to either, set up, run, or clean up after an event.

2. Work bonus points will be awarded only when a work day has been completed. A maximum of two work bonuses will be allowed per person.

3. A work day will consist of adequately assisting the promoter as he/she requires.

4. It is up to the discretion of the promoter as to whether a work average is to be awarded to an individual rider.

5. Only one work average is allowed per event regardless of total amount of time worked.

6. Participants will be accepted on a first come first serve basis.

7. Participants that volunteer and then do not honor their commitment may be excluded from future work bonus programs at the promoter’s discretion.

8. One work average is calculated by summing the rider’s top 5 finishes, dividing by 5, and rounding to the nearest whole number. This work average allows the rider to race the event as well.

9. A second work average is calculated such that the rider receives first place points in their respective class and for the overall. This work average is intended to increase work day help but does not have to be done on race day. This work average does not allow the rider to race that event. When arrangements have been made in advance, it is possible to earn this work average before the top 5 calculated work average. If the rider fails to work the second work average, the first place points will be forfeited.

10. Promoters must send the names of riders receiving a work average to the point’s keeper immediately after the event. The list must be competed the Friday before the event. This must be done to ensure fairness for all involved.
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!