Carbondale, Carbondale, Carbondale

General Bike Talk
shredder

Carbondale, Carbondale, Carbondale

#1 Post by shredder » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:09 am

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!! Be there, be there, be there!!

WOW! Man how fast this year went. With Tom and big John up front it goes even faster! With JP, Todd, Gibber and James pushing me it seems like I was pushing it to go faster also. I really had a good deal of fun and enjoyed running with my class mates this year and I hate to see it end but Carbondale is the end of the line for 2014...I know I'm not going to miss out! Be there!!!

At Melvern at times, I would agree that there were moments that my performance was somewhat lethargic. Yes. Word got out and spread quickly which prompted the Red Cross to set up a blood drive outside my rig. As I came straggling back to camp I saw the sign outside the RV door. I do want to thank all of you guys that came and donated. I think all but a couple of the 1000 row donated on my behalf and I truly do appreciate the grand gesture and offerings, however...

1. A blood drive is for people to donate their human blood - sorry to have to turn away so many of you that brought you dog's. I know that your loving little "Sparky" may appear to be bouncing around with oodles of extra energy, great intentions but it doesn't work that way.

2. It's ok to drag your wife up to the donation area but she should be informed ahead of time why your taking her up to the donation table. Telling your wife "come on! It's just a raffle thing, set down right here, be still and hold out your arm for a minute!" can create a scene and man that is not pretty.

3. A blood drive is a place where people come and they drain out a measured quantity of blood from your body with a needle - all you guys with scratches, nicks and dings, you still have to get stuck with the needle - old band aids or messy rags won't help.

4. Lastly if your blood alcohol level is so high that your staggering up to the table and have to ask you buddy what your last name is...well we don't need an infusion of THAT! Donating the oil from your last oil change where your bike won the that round - well it doesn't work that way either.

I do appreciate all the help from my Forward Motion Family and do to the overwhelming amount of help I will - in fact attend Carbondale. My doctor say's that I can race if we can keep some of the faster guys in my class out of the Carbondale race to help alleviate some undo heart stress. So do what ya can! :lol:

WHOOP! :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dennis Tschirhart - #1000 something

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

tclimber

Re: Carbondale, Carbondale, Carbondale

#2 Post by tclimber » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:46 pm

Good one you and Joes finish last year was a classic i am gonna try and make it out for this one i might ride my klr out if the weather is nice wont race it though have to give you guys a chance :D
Finally a two digit number 75 for 2012

usedktm

#3 Post by usedktm » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:35 am

Hey TClimber, you should ride sweep. I talked to Firepiper a few weeks ago, asked him if he would want to "sweep" at Carbondale......it kinda gave him a little twinkle in his eye, he may do it. I'm planning on sweeping there. I'll be looking for ya!

tclimber

#4 Post by tclimber » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:26 pm

i would but just hate to thrash my klr out if some has a spare bike i would be all over that idea

shredder

#5 Post by shredder » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:36 pm

T Climber!
I just got the 250X Honda with the Athena big bore cylinder kit, front suspension softened up (zero hours on it), new seat with extra padding, new top end with ZERO hours on it, fresh rubber, new front and rear wheel bearings. It's for sale and will be sitting at camp with A FULL TANK OF GAS.

HMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Could you please come to Carbondale and test out this unproven machine and just post the results in the carbondale race reports? I really could use a non biased opinion. It will suck though that I will get beat by a sweeper and on my own bike but man get off your butt and get out there!

I'll bring some dogs and we can cook out. You gotta meet these 1000's guys! There as kwazy as you are...you'll fit right in! :mrgreen:

If your going to scuff it, scratch it, crack it or break it, always do the best job you can!

yellow jacket

#6 Post by yellow jacket » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:50 pm

THE SHREDDAR IS IN LUCK:
I have been changing countershaft seals and replacing head bearings this week. With that comes the usual banged knuckles and of course hammering out the old bearings always leaves me with hammer thumb. I now have a brand new clean towel (sorry honey) completely saturated with O negative. I have it in the freezer and will bring it for Carbondale.
Tom B.

shredder

#7 Post by shredder » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:26 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your killing me Tom......just killing me softly pal.....

This is the place where I stick in some clever little statement about bringing your sorry butt to Carbondale but I already know your completely immune to intimidation...so flibber flabber!

OH! BTW, a word from the pits says your the one who started the blood drive - (your killing me man... your killing me)

tclimber

#8 Post by tclimber » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:51 pm

I will take you up on that offer that's a great bike be glad to pay for your gas or entry fee or what ever just let me know Thanks a bunch Dennis

Speedysdad

#9 Post by Speedysdad » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:21 pm

If tclimber is racing I want to come watch, and take pictures. That place makes him so dizzy he can't walk.
Jim Wright
(Retired)

shredder

#10 Post by shredder » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:07 pm

Yup! He is riding. If they don't run us wiggly waggly around the pine trees and Jeff is running sweep He'll do fine. Of course the usual amount of dramamine wouldn't be a bad idea either. But still let's keep the shutters clicking away!
:mrgreen: