Final points - read this

General Bike Talk
Iamdanjohnson
Site Admin

Final points - read this

#1 Post by Iamdanjohnson » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:38 pm

I have final points up now. Several people rode a different class for the last race or two. Our scoring system, Mototally, is designed to allow this and keep points correct. There is a setting that I should have changed before these races to make sure all points remained the same if you rode a different class for the last race or two. I forgot to change it so I have gone in and manually put things back. Doing this after the fact changes some points and sometimes duplicates a certain finish points in a class. Usually this does not change the yearly points total but it could and I may have missed it.

You really need to check over your points and the others in your class because only you know what the standings where and what they should be now. Make sure I got all the corrections made. I just adjusted the ones that I recognized as being riders that moved up. I may have missed some.

Beyond this, here is a reminder of how season points work...
The information page has the rules which explains it all. http://www.fmhsc.com/2012/index.php/inf ... vent-rules

Only ten scores, including work averages, count so the total at the right is not the total of all the points you see listed. A "d" is a low score that has dropped off. One work average sort of floats to any low score and one is for 22 points and goes in place of a race you had to miss to be able to work it.

Sometimes a rider moved up mid season but you will still see their name in your class. This has to be there as a place holder or else all points from a certain place would move up one if I pulled them out. When all is correct the rider in your class who moved up will not have a number next to their name. Don't count that position when figuring out your top ten position. You will be up one for each rider with no number. This reads quite confusing but I think it will make sense when you are viewing the points standing.

Now is the time to notify me if I am missing something or have made a mistake. After a week or so, I will post a top ten list that has the correct finish position for you.

We usually require 8 scores for year end awards and you have to be in the top ten. Just to give out more year end awards, I usually count the work averages when I total the 8 total scores. I will factor all that in when I make that top ten list.

ktms@fmhsc.com
Dan Johnson KTM 250 XC
Thanks to the support I get from Debbie, Jadan, Grayson, and Karly Johnson AND Dunlop, Letko, Cycle Zone, Motorcare.

It's all good!

Laurentheracer

Re: Final points - read this

#2 Post by Laurentheracer » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:29 pm

Thank you Dan for taking the time to fix all of the scores AND to write his post for everyone! You do a great job and we appreciate all of your hard work on and off the track!
Thanks to my sponsors: Jeremy Stretz #244, Mark & Jonette Shafer #311, Motocross Ladies, Letko Cycles, 100% Goggles, Maxima Oil, EVS Sports, Fly Racing, DeCal Works, Gaerne Boots, Bell Helmets, Atlas Brace, DP Brakes, Larry Beardsley CPA, Innerzyme, and AutismMX

Gibber

Re: Final points - read this

#3 Post by Gibber » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:15 am

Dittos Dan. This is the most fun I've had since jumping out of perfectly good aircraft in the military! :shock:

I just wish I had started 20 years ago. 14 races has kicked my butt. Looking forward to next year.
GO TEAM LETKO!
Steve "Gibber" Gibbs
#736 C-Vet 2017
#1001 Vet-40 2016
#1036 Vet-40 2015
#1036 Vet-40 2014
#836 Sportsman 2013
#936 Trailerider 2012
2009 KTM 300 XC-W
Advantage Ford Commercial Sales
www.advantagefordcommercial.com
steve@gibbscommercialtrucks.com